It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:02 pm

4ml Tube Tank & Mega Clearomizer mod

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Re: 4ml Tube Tank & Mega Clearomizer mod

Postby dimentox » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:40 am

OMFG this works awesome and no more burnt filling etc.. these two pieces were made for each other..

I am using 100% VG so its thick and still works like a charm.

I have a 7ml Tank from volcano esmokes.. and then took a clearomizer.. The mega one so it fits the tube.

What you do is take a tack and poke holes where i show you in the picture.. And then take like a plastic fork or something and expand one hole at the bottom.

Then put this through the bottom of your tank and attack to your PV, fill the tank half way and put on your top.. then just swirl and shake it gently around and it will start filling the clearomizer.

This works like a charm, the vape is awesome and no more burnt cartos or flooded ones..

I love it!

Just thought id share.

full image http://i.imgur.com/zCjuU.jpg since the forum cuts it off

dimentox
Volcano Menehune

Postby del » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:41 am

the poke hole idea seems a lot better then the cut in half idea. at least now it will be one solid unit instead of seperate pieces. may have to give that a shot when i get some clearos

del
Magma God

Postby cody.stipp » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:16 am

I just put two holes one at the top and one at the bottom and love it. But will poke some more cause the juice doesnt want to go back in the clearo lol
Pass it along and it will come back.

Keep Vapin'.

cody.stipp
Volcano God

Postby icanhazvapor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:20 am

Actually I find that using an xacto knife and cutting windows lengthwise in the clearo works best. :D
Dripping, it's part art and part voodoo ... and I am a Voodoo Artist.

Volcano eCigs of Anderson, SC
Officially Licensed Distributer
icanhazvapor
Official Licensed Distributor

Postby cody.stipp » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:26 am

will have to try that
Pass it along and it will come back.

Keep Vapin'.

cody.stipp
Volcano God

Postby Syngen » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Man you guys are making me want to do this. I did just get in some Mega clearos today. I'm eyeballing. And will probably cave and do this after I finish off what's in the tank. Worst thing that happens is I lose a Clearo, right?
Syngen
Volcano God

Postby Syngen » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Annnnnd.. Fail.

Turns out my Mega Clearo's are just too big to fit into the tube tank. I wish I could find that tank that was used in the Video that was linked earlier.
Syngen
Volcano God

Postby ThePitts » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:29 am

I can't get the clearo to fit in the 7ml chrome tank, fits in the 4ml just fine, has anyone had this problem? Any solutions or just a no go.
ThePitts
Volcano Menehune

Postby ripplemarc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:37 pm

I have a question maybe someone can answer for me.

I have been using this mod since 1st reading about it back in Jan. I cut many holes in the clearo all over, up and down, and it works great, except for a little bit of leakage once in a while. It's the only method I've used since.

Anyway, here is my question. In the past, to try to minimize leakage, I had tried switching the 2 end caps (put the flanged cap at the top mouthpiece end, round end on the bottom) thinking that maybe the spot where the flange is supposed to go was what might be causing the leakage. It seemed to work for a few weeks, but after maybe the 3rd or 4th time of changing out the old clearo for a new one, I noticed that the non-flanged end cap was starting to split and had a small crack on each side. This was definately causing leakage, so I switched the end caps back to the normal way (so the craked one was usually facing up). This worked for a few more weeks, but then I started noticing that there were small leaks coming from the o-ring on the flanged end. I went to take it apart to examine the o-ring, and when I did, the non-flanged end cap split completely in half.

So anyway, my question is this: IF I am using this mod, and I never intend to ever use the metal cartos (I hate the polyfill taste) Am I better off using 2 of the non-flanged end-caps, which seem to have a tighter fit, or one of each like it came. Also, are the non-flanged end-caps the same diameter, or are they more narrow, and is that what caused it to split apart?

Has anybody else tried this and if so, have you found that it does/does not help preven leakage.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

ripplemarc
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:02 pm

the caps are the exact same other than the bottom one has the notch in it for the carto flange.

but the orings in the caps do tend to vary in size slightly. So that might be where your issue is. you can use two top caps if you want it should not matter at all. but if you are noticing leakage I would recommend replacing the oring where the leaking is coming from.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Tricks