It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 pm

4ml Tube Tank & Mega Clearomizer mod

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Re: 4ml Tube Tank & Mega Clearomizer mod

Postby Big Daddy Revo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 pm

I can't wait to try this mod. Can anybody tell me how this mod performs with the LT?
Big Daddy Revo
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:59 pm

good up to around 4.5v over that the clearo cant wick fast enough to keep up, and you will get dry burnt hits.

The current mega clearos wont work for this mod, you will have to wait till the older style of megas come in stock. Should be next week.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby HellBilly » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:10 pm

please sell these in the store
HellBilly
Volcano Menehune

Postby webfloater2.0 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 am

i wanted to make one of these type of things too, but I am lazy and prefer to let other people do it for me. that being said, I found these... http://www.evcigarettes.com/ego-riva-t- ... -5x-heads/

I think it would be a good idea for Volcano to get/create/sell these... they work AMAZING! :thumbup:

Mercenaries- est. 10-21-11
webfloater2.0
Volcano God

Postby OctaviousMonk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:13 am

So I just got the newly stocked old style Clearomizers and a new chrome tank that comes with an inferno kit.
I drilled two holes one on top and one one the bottom. I then ran into a problem fitting the entire Clearomizer into the tank.
I was not able to fit the ribbed portion of the battery end into the tank, I got as far as the o-ring but couldn't get the rest in. It still works amazingly well, but doesn't look as good as the ones pictured early on in this thread. Anyone one else have this problem, or is there a trick to making it fitall the way in ?
Thanks
OctaviousMonk
Volcano Menehune

Postby HellBilly » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 pm

OctaviousMonk wrote: Anyone one else have this problem,

thats the problem i had ..
webfloater2.0 :clap:
has posted a great link above of that leads to some really nice clearOmizer tube tanks .. with replaceable heads
http://www.evcigarettes.com/ego-riva-clearomizers/

i think im gonna try some .. i didnt want to have to do too much homework when i got into E-cigg.s thats why i choose volcano
but i think volcano has dropped the ball a bit on this one ... i sure hope a volcano clearomizer tank becomes available soon
till then i guess im gonna have to shop around ..

im kind of disappointed in volcano at the moment ..
HellBilly
Volcano Menehune

Postby OctaviousMonk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 pm

I had some spare time today so I made a little contraption that works pretty well. I had an old disposable e-cig (the kind with the blu lit tip) that I gutted and delabled. I then cut a length of the tube to 2 inches to match the clearomizer tube and drilled some holes in it. I removed the plastic tube from a clearomizer and replaced it with the metal sleave. The metal screw on part of the clearomizer fit a little loose so I crimped that end of the tube a little and put a rolled up piece of teflon tape underneath the o-ring. The tape can only go around the o-rind indent once, any more and the o-ring won't slide into the metal tube. I then slid the newly made "steelomizer" inside the tube tank and filled it up with some menthol burst/ pure tobacco 50/50 mix. The tube tank slides rather easily around the metal tube so I am not sure how the setup will do over time or with travel; only time will tell. I plan on keeping this as an in house use only setup until I see how it holds up. So far it has been 6 hours and there have been no leaks. The setup vapes beautifully and in my opinion actually vapes better than the clearomizer/tube tank setup or the clearomizer by itself (though I couldn't explain why that would be). Let me know your opinions or ideas, I'm always looking to improve on my little projects.
OctaviousMonk
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 pm

you can take the tubes off the poly filled cartos for the TT an replace the tubes on the clearo with it.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby OctaviousMonk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 pm

I tried that but the carto tube doesnt fit over the ribbed bottom base of the clearomizer and what would you use for a drip tip as the clearomizer innards would come right to the top of the tube?
OctaviousMonk
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:02 pm

oh things might have changed since the last time I tried this.

I used to use the regular clearos.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Tricks