It is currently Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:48 pm

4ml Tube Tank & Mega Clearomizer mod

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Re: 4ml Tube Tank & Mega Clearomizer mod

Postby alsafysh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:11 am

I'm really excited to try this when I get home! I really hope it works.

And i agree, Volcano needs to get some specific Clearo tanks in stock already. :)
alsafysh
Volcano Ali'i

Postby PhishLover » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Been using the 4ml tube tank and clearo mod for quite a while and I definietly love it but I recently modded a tube tank carto and stuffed the insides of the clearo in it and holy cow does it hit awesome!
20130606_171019.jpg

20130606_171047.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PhishLover
Volcano Menehune

Postby OctaviousMonk » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:18 pm

What type of tank is that and how did you get the Clearomizer guts to fit the carto tube? Sheer force or what?
OctaviousMonk
Volcano Menehune

Postby PhishLover » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:13 pm

I got the pyrex tank online quite a while ago for around $20 or $30.... And you'd be surprised how easily you can grab the flange of a carto with some pliers and gently rock back and forth while pulling away from the tube to remove the bottom piece.... Putting it in required lightly tapping the bottom of the clearo portion while bracing the top of the carto against my paved driveway.... Just lightly though... I bent the threads on my first one tapping too hard. I used a dremel to make the openings on 2 sides of the carto before I inserted the clear portion.... The tank can slip off but it takes a bit. I can hold it by the tank and its fine 95% of the time. I will try to get more pics up showing the removal when I get to an actual computer as my tablet is being a pain tonight.
PhishLover
Volcano Menehune

Postby PhishLover » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 pm

A couple of pics showing the removal of the carto innards:
20130606_184118.jpg

20130606_184247.jpg

On another note, I think I found a way to remove the whole center post of the clearo (including the ceramic cup with the coil & wick) and insert it into the carto so that you keep the flange for stability. It does require unsoldering and resoldering 2 wires to make it all happen.... I plan on giving it a shot sometime over the weekend so if it works i will post pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PhishLover
Volcano Menehune

Postby PhishLover » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Well I was able to get a couple of working versions of my mod with the carto flange and tube with the clearo wick system. First version I learned that the post from the clearo is a bit too long so you have cut a bit off (I used a Dremel and cut off barely 1/4") otherwise your drip tip won't fit. Also found that soldering the wire from the clearo portion onto the flange was a challenge.... I wound up using the wire that was already soldered onto the flange from the carto and just stripped a bit of it and spliced it with the wire from the clearo. A little solder and shrink wrap (Radio Shack) and it was good to go. This time I also positioned the wicks so they wouldn't hand out of the vertical holes that I ground in the carto tube. When they hang out you can cut them if you try to remove the carto system from the tank. I also found that filling is best done through the holes by the ceramic cup like you would with a clearo... If you pull the carto down to fill the tank like normal all your juice runs out through the vertical holes... Not as bad of an issue if you don't make them but you do lose a bit through the weep hole.... and really the vertical holes make the wicking so much better than without them.
20130615_190631.jpg

20130615_190712.jpg
PhishLover
Volcano Menehune

Postby DaaamnSmokey » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Looks complex... I'm so lazy, I'd probably just write you a check and ask you to send me two. lol.
Sir Smoke-a-lotImageImage--=====~~~
DaaamnSmokey
Volcano God

Postby Aquifer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:06 am

Just found this thread - questions

1) can you do this with a 7cc TT ?
2) do you have a video? - being somewhat dense, i am still a bit unclear(omizer) on the process and the necessary pieces/parts
3) will you be making this as a premade item as an alternative to the standard cartomizer for use in the TT? It seems that if folks think it
produces better flavor - combining the best of the clearomizer with the convenience of the TT, it would be a good idea ...
Aquifer
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:10 am

Aquifer wrote:Just found this thread - questions

1) can you do this with a 7cc TT ?

yes it works with both size TT's

2) do you have a video? - being somewhat dense, i am still a bit unclear(omizer) on the process and the necessary pieces/parts

as far as I know, no, no one has made a video of this process yet.

3) will you be making this as a premade item as an alternative to the standard cartomizer for use in the TT? It seems that if folks think it
produces better flavor - combining the best of the clearomizer with the convenience of the TT, it would be a good idea ...

As far as I know Volcano has no plans to make a modded clearo But I have brought it up before, There are CE2 cartos out there on the market right now that are flanged and pre-punched for use in carto tanks, and I have mentioned us carrying them, but not sure if they will. A CE2 carto is the same thing as a clearo they are CE2, but the cartos are metal tubed.

hope that helped in some way
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Aquifer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:40 am

Mucho thanx! So

1) do these CE2 cartos fit right in to the TTs as the std cartos do, or do you have to monkey around with 'em?

2) Are the ohms different, and does that affect the recommended voltage on a LT (understand you are not supposed to use the lower ohm std cartos with an LT ..)

3) if not here, where could one get them, or can't you say here?
Aquifer
Volcano Ali'i

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks