It is currently Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:02 pm

US Air Travel + TSA Advice

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Re: US Air Travel + TSA Advice

Postby wi110w » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:32 pm

DeemoDiablo wrote:I know this thread is old and all, but I'll reply anyway.
I recently quit my job that required extensive travel. I would fly typically every 1 to 2 weeks, mostly to other states, sometimes to Germany. I didn't take my inferno on the plane to Germany because I would be there for 8 weeks and was afraid of it along with all my paraphernalia being confiscated by customs. I did, however, use it when traveling CONUS, mostly with Delta and AA. What I would do is explain to the people near me, if any, what the device was, how it worked (if they were interested), and that it was harmless to them. I then asked if it was okay to them if I used it in flight. Most people gave me their consent and I limited my usage of the device while on the airplane, especially around flight staff. As a side note, in the airports themselves, I did get a few jeers, side-eyes, and up-and-down looks from various people. It should go without saying I knew what I was doing was fully acceptable in the airport I was in and could care less what they thought.

tl;dr I used it on planes. Limit use around flight attendants and get OK from adjacent passengers. No problems here.

I don't think I would be as brave as you, if I needed to vape i would probably go and stealth vape in the restroom. Now that more and more people know what ecigs are and the fact that a lot of PV's don't even really resemble analogs anymore I think that's helping them become more general knowledge that they are okay. So I think that's why it's easier to assure people that they will not be harmed by it nor will it bother them.

At least that's my personal experience.
wi110w
Volcano God

Postby Kainmodious » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:25 pm

As a TSA officer (sorry) there is nothing wrong with taking an E-cig on teh plane. also most of hte airports that i have worked at do not care if you use them.

I would however just take them out of my carry on bag and set them in a bin along with everything else that you have. with them seperate they should and will only get glanced at and you will be on your way. most officers that i know, know what these are and how they work.
Its not what you know.... Its WHO you know

Kainmodious
Volcano Menehune

Postby Domination X » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:59 pm

awesome advice guys, thanks again
Domination X
Volcano Menehune

Postby buildinghorsebarns » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:57 am

Yea i just flew from Alaska to California to Alaska. The first flight i had just recived my Inferno in the mail not 2 hours before my flight. So i took the whole kit in the fedex tossed it in my carry on bag and away i went. Went thru TSA with not so much as a blip. So on my return flight when checking my bags i walked up to a cop & TSA guy showed it to them and asked. He said it is not a problem just don't hit it on the plane because some illinformed people might flip out. Hope that helps, James.
buildinghorsebarns
Volcano Menehune

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks