It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:47 am

Atomizer Technical Issue Archives

A place to get help with your atomizer issues.

Re: Atomizer Technical Issue Thread

Postby JoeyTheMadScientist » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:28 pm

puffpuffgive wrote:Thanks and WOW is that a different experience with the 306 atty! At first being new the first few hits tastes terrible! but now it's great! What a warm sensation and very pure.

I would think this could be considered a "safer" way to vape not having the poly batting resting on the atty and getting burned? I've always been concerned about that and really can't find much online on this topic. It would interesting to know what the batting is made of and if ingested from burning could it be hazardous to your health (long term)??

Kevin

dripping rules...saw it on a bathroom wall so it must be true :lol:
where there's smoke, there's fire. when there's vapor, there's pleasure!
JoeyTheMadScientist
Volcano Legend

Postby Old Hippie » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:31 am

aww it wont hurt ya...its just asbestos...lol...just a joke...it is a non toxixic non flamable..subtance..much like the glowing embers that Give the burning ash look to propane Fire logs...naw im full of bull...PEACE 8-)
I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends..We all know that's True..I need all I can Get:)Peace
Old Hippie
Resident Hippie

Postby Howard84 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm starting to get frustrated. I ordered this V-Pack device, costing me close to $100. I let the battery packs charge fully, and began to use this product. Got about 2 or 3 good puffs on the thing and can not get anything anymore. I've dried out the atomizer, I've checked and cleaned the battery terminals. Is there something I should or should not do to the atomizer seeing as how I'm about 90% sure that it is what is causing the issue?
Howard84
Volcano Menehune

Postby geekdgirl » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm

You don't want the atomizer to be dry..it needs juice to produce vapor and prevent burning...it does take a bit for the atomizers to break in for the volcano (I think the estimate is about a week)...the stock carts don't wick the best so you may have to give them thermometer flicks to keep the juice flowing to the bridge...
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby jscott1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Expert opinions please! What is the best way - most aggressive way to clean an atty? I have an atty that feels like I am sucking through a sponge (I know, technically correct, but say an extra sponge) Most recently I have cleaned it in this order:

Distilled water heated to just under boiling and a denture tab thrown in- left for a few minutes, swirled and taken out. Then rinsed and put into a PGA bath. Left again for a few minutes and into a plain hot water bath. Blown out and left to dry overnight.

It does not have a bad taste, it is just hard to draw on. I have tried with both my auto and my manual and I have the same effect with both.

I have not yet tried CPH but I was wondering if the CPH is the big guns, or if the denture tabs have the same effect, and it was more a case of either/or.

I do clean them once a week, and the other is just fine. I do think it is clogged from some fruit/clove juice or coloring. I have read all the different ways to clean them (I think) but was curious as to what was the most aggressive way to clean a stubborn atty.

TIA
Liquid to trade:
new-blueberry-t6035.html

Jen
http://www.jenscottmedia.com
jscott1
Magma God

Postby Shado » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:55 pm

All 3...PGA, denture tabs, and CPH are the most agressive as they are chemical induced cleaning as opposed to just hot water.

You may need to just leave it in hot water for more than a few minutes...maybe 10-15 minutes, with frequent water changes. If it really is clogged bad....you need to allow enough time to soften/disolve any gunk that is accumulated or hardened in all areas.

Even denture tabs may need the full 30 minutes or so to do their best work.
- Dave - ...LAL...;)

~~NO Trolls ALLOWED!!!~~ ....Just move on down the road....

What the hell is a "Toot"? ~davej
I think it is the noise coming from Shado's Vape Train!! ~hnkjay
The Vape Train to Shado Zen!!!
Shado
Volcano Legend

Postby jscott1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Shado wrote:All 3...PGA, denture tabs, and CPH are the most agressive as they are chemical induced cleaning as opposed to just hot water.

You may need to just leave it in hot water for more than a few minutes...maybe 10-15 minutes, with frequent water changes. If it really is clogged bad....you need to allow enough time to soften/disolve any gunk that is accumulated or hardened in all areas.

Even denture tabs may need the full 30 minutes or so to do their best work.

Thank you, I will leave the atty in longer next time to see if that makes a difference! It makes sense to leave it long enough to loosen the gunk, I just didn't want to wreck anything - seems I wasn't being aggressive as I thought I was!
Liquid to trade:
new-blueberry-t6035.html

Jen
http://www.jenscottmedia.com
jscott1
Magma God

Postby Thathawtguy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Received my Inferno today as well as the Cisco atty. Cant say how happy I am that I did.
Anyhow the vape experience from the cisco compared to a normal atty is insanely different; the cisco being stronger. Anyhow I was using the Cisco atty with the larger inferno battery when the led stop lighting up. i assumed I killed the battery already so I plugged it in and put the Cisco on the smaller battery. It wouldnt light up at all, nor would it show charging when plugged into the USB so long as the atty was screwed in...
The larger battery wasnt dead; it finished charging in bout 10 minutes. So I put the Cisco back on the larger battery, problem is it wont heat the atty, it just flashes 3 times.
Both batteries work fine with the magma atty, but not the cisco.
So question is, did i burn out the cisco atty already or break its connection? I already tried cleaning it again and raising the connection with a paperclip. Neither has worked.
hi
[/url]
Thathawtguy
Volcano Menehune

Postby Superfrog » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:49 pm

jscott1 wrote:Expert opinions please! What is the best way - most aggressive way to clean an atty? I have an atty that feels like I am sucking through a sponge (I know, technically correct, but say an extra sponge) Most recently I have cleaned it in this order:

Distilled water heated to just under boiling and a denture tab thrown in- left for a few minutes, swirled and taken out. Then rinsed and put into a PGA bath. Left again for a few minutes and into a plain hot water bath. Blown out and left to dry overnight.

It does not have a bad taste, it is just hard to draw on. I have tried with both my auto and my manual and I have the same effect with both.

I have not yet tried CPH but I was wondering if the CPH is the big guns, or if the denture tabs have the same effect, and it was more a case of either/or.

I do clean them once a week, and the other is just fine. I do think it is clogged from some fruit/clove juice or coloring. I have read all the different ways to clean them (I think) but was curious as to what was the most aggressive way to clean a stubborn atty.

TIA

Well, my attys are currently laid up in mothballs right now as I'm on a carto run (the new Volcano theme), but I'll be back to them before too long :D

Since I got into my rotation, still running with ALL the magma atties that I have aquired, a couple are a bit harder on the draw, but not by much. All I do is a 15 minute presoak in isopropyl (imagine you can use PGA, but more expensive, save that for mixing) then I'll set them in hot tap water with a denture tab for as much as three hours, never any less than about 25 minutes. I run them under hot tap water to rinse good, blow them out, and hang to dry over night. In the morning, I'll take an isopropyl pad, wipe down the connector, prime with some 50/50 PG/VG, cap them up, and put them back into rotation. I have about 15 attys in rotation at the moment, and usually go with two or three at once. I usually collected them all up at the end of the week to clean in a lot.

This works great for me, and I'm tough on my equipment (my Inferno already looks like its three months old). I've tried other ways, and either didn't work well enough, or left a bad aftertaste (CPH). I think my success is the sheer number of attys I've now got, also.
^^^^ IF I DIDN'T FALL OFF THE WAGON FOR SIX MONTHS! I'd be here! ^^^^

This RETIRED sailor has never been accused of an 'Amphibious Assult'
Superfrog
Magma God

Postby Howard84 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:11 am

Ya so I discovered that the Atomizer (see my post above) is definately the problem and not that it was dry or operator error. I've gotten my E-Cig to work (for now) by taking the cartridge off the atomizer, grabbing the V end with a pair of plyers, yanking the metal V and the coating around it off, then placing it back into the base. I then put the cartridge back in and so far its working. Im afraid to look at the whole contraption the wrong way now because I'm pretty sure the atomizer is hanging on by a thread, probably literally, and hopefully this set-up will last until I get the new atomizers I ordered. Maybe this technique will work for one of you as well.

Almost easier to just get cancer lol.
Howard84
Volcano Menehune

PreviousNext

Return to Atomizer Technical Issues