It is currently Fri May 22, 2015 2:39 pm

Atomizer Technical Issue Archives

A place to get help with your atomizer issues.

Atomizer Technical Issue Archives

Postby Pyroclastic Ash » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:03 pm

If you are having a problem with your Volcano or Magma Atomizer(s), like one of your atomizers died on your first vape, dead on arrival, melted to your table, ect.
You know... Problems.

Post them here.
This will keep all the atomizer problems in one section, so it is easier to help you guys. Having 5 threads about the same thing will make the forum cluttered and difficult to find information, or receive assistance.

Try to keep this thread on topic, I will prune out needless posts to keep it as streamlined as possible.

And I do not care if you post repeated questions in this thread. I don't expect everyone to read through a billion posts to see if there is another person with the problem already resolved.
If you post a technical issue outside of this thread, it will be moved to this thread unless it warrants it's own individual thread.
Pyroclastic Ash
Volcano Legend

Re: Atomizers Thread

Postby DoubleC » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:57 pm

I just wanted to add to your post. I know this has been posted a million times but I since your are trying to get organized.

When you receive a new atomizer, it is shipped with a "primer". This is used to protect the atomizer during shipping and keep it from drying out. As recommended, rinse your atomizer in hot water and completely dry before using. This will remove most of the primer taste.

A new atomizer will take a few days of vaping to break in. Once the break-in period is over, you will notice increased vapor production and improved flavor.

Volcano atomizers, in my opinion, are extremely high quality and will last far beyond the "industry" standard.
Who said Ohio does not have Volcanoes?
If you are from Ohio, add this to your signature and represent!
DoubleC
Volcano God

Postby A.Jay » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:22 pm

Agreed, I've heard some horror stories about attys for other models like ordering 5 and 4 are DOA. I currently have 5 volcano attys and they all worked perfectly out of the box.

The break in period is kind of annoying tho. I just got some more attys the other day and started to drip with one and the drop rolled right off the bridge, didn't absorb at all, lol. But yeah, as long as you take care of these attys, they will take care of you for a long time.
Who said Ohio doesn't have Volcanoes?
A.Jay
Magma God

Postby Jazzie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:06 pm

A.Jay wrote:Agreed, I've heard some horror stories about attys for other models like ordering 5 and 4 are DOA. I currently have 5 volcano attys and they all worked perfectly out of the box.

The break in period is kind of annoying tho. I just got some more attys the other day and started to drip with one and the drop rolled right off the bridge, didn't absorb at all, lol. But yeah, as long as you take care of these attys, they will take care of you for a long time.

I found with the later attys that I ordered, I went directly to dipping (not dripping) and it seemed to break it in very quickly...I don't know...but maybe forcing it into the solution is a better solution than dripping...I use PA's (hope you don't mind the abbreviation, Thelvyn), suggestion and use contact lens cases...
Jazzie
Volcano Legend

Postby Pyroclastic Ash » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Jazzie wrote:
A.Jay wrote:Agreed, I've heard some horror stories about attys for other models like ordering 5 and 4 are DOA. I currently have 5 volcano attys and they all worked perfectly out of the box.

I found with the later attys that I ordered, I went directly to dipping (not dripping) and it seemed to break it in very quickly...I don't know...but maybe forcing it into the solution is a better solution than dripping...I use PA's (hope you don't mind the abbreviation, Thelvyn), suggestion and use contact lens cases...

lol, Ash is fine.

I don't drip with my Volcano at all. It can just turn out messy. With the exposed bridge it's made for dipping.
On a 510, or a 901 for example. They have the recessed bridges, and are ideal for dripping, since it won't 'roll' off the bridge and down the side of the battery and your hand.
Pyroclastic Ash
Volcano Legend

Postby A.Jay » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:34 pm

I was only dripping the other night because i just got a bunch of new juices and wanted to try them all out without making up a bunch of carts or using 50 contact lens cases.

Right now i have my watermelon and blueberry in a contact case and am very happy dipping.

As far as dripping went, I had already read the concerns of dripping with the L88B atty and dripped it a little different than you would a 510 atty. I held the battery so that it was parallel to the floor and rolled it to a 45 degree angle so that looking straight down on it i could see half under the bridge and half outside the bridge. Then I dripped on the "edge" of the bridge that was pointing up. I then rolled it 180 deg and dripped on the opposite edge. It worked perfect with my broken in atty, then when I grabbed a new atty, the oil on it made the drip roll off. Not a huge problem, just kinda caught me off guard. After that one drop, I paid a lot more attention to the placement of the drop to make sure it didn't happen again.

Dunno if anyone else uses this technique for dripping a L88B, but it was easy to control, and I didn't have to worry about flooding the atty since I wasn't dripping straight into the end like a 510.
Who said Ohio doesn't have Volcanoes?
A.Jay
Magma God

Postby halliedog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 am

I see that attys are currently out of stock. Is this a rare occurance or something that can happen every few months? I just ordered some extras but I guess I should order more next time they are in stock.
halliedog
Volcano Menehune

Postby Pyroclastic Ash » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 am

halliedog wrote:I see that attys are currently out of stock. Is this a rare occurance or something that can happen every few months? I just ordered some extras but I guess I should order more next time they are in stock.

It's a rare occurrence.
We actually went out of stock because a lot of people ordered massive quantities of atomizers. 7-15 at a time.

We'll have more in Tuesday though.
Pyroclastic Ash
Volcano Legend

Postby btjr99 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:17 pm

So quick question. If using stock carts about how many would you say you have to go through in order to break in the atty?
btjr99
Volcano Menehune

Postby Jazzie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:27 pm

btjr99 wrote:So quick question. If using stock carts about how many would you say you have to go through in order to break in the atty?

My experience using standard carts is going through about 10 carts...how ever many days that takes you...After you get into vaping for awhile...and you, perhaps, buy juices...you will find you can break in a new atty much faster by "dipping" (discussed in other posts), rather than using up "new" carts...makes it easier and less frustration...
Jazzie
Volcano Legend

Next

Return to Atomizer Technical Issues