It is currently Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Beginner Info - yes, we were all there too!

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Re: Beginner Info - yes, we were all there too!

Postby Hola » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:47 am

Thank you all for posting your questions...and thank you to those who answered.
I had a few questions myself and you all were able to help.

I so appreciate it - Thank you again :thumbup:
Hola
Volcano Menehune

Postby jkirstein » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:03 am

Ok....I've browsed this topic for about an hour and have not seen my question, so first i apologize if this is a repeat question. I recently purchased and received my inferno kit with the drip tip, and i ordered extra atomizers and another tip so my wife could try it as well with the second battery...we smoke different amounts, so i expected we would go through the juice at different rates. my question is....how much/many drops is an ok amount to put in, we've both had "leaking" issues and I'm pretty sure its due to inexperience and all part of the learning curve. Again I am sorry if this is a repeat question, another question is I'm planning on getting the tank-o-meiser's payday....are their any issues with them leaking, say, if my wife puts it in her purse at work and it gets turned sideways or up side down for a while?....thanks......4 days and counting without an analog for my wife and i
jkirstein
Volcano Menehune

Postby del » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 am

jkirstein wrote:Ok....I've browsed this topic for about an hour and have not seen my question, so first i apologize if this is a repeat question. I recently purchased and received my inferno kit with the drip tip, and i ordered extra atomizers and another tip so my wife could try it as well with the second battery...we smoke different amounts, so i expected we would go through the juice at different rates. my question is....how much/many drops is an ok amount to put in, we've both had "leaking" issues and I'm pretty sure its due to inexperience and all part of the learning curve. Again I am sorry if this is a repeat question, another question is I'm planning on getting the tank-o-meiser's payday....are their any issues with them leaking, say, if my wife puts it in her purse at work and it gets turned sideways or up side down for a while?....thanks......4 days and counting without an analog for my wife and i

for a inferno atomizer i put about 4-5 drops per 5-7 inhales, not the drop to inhale ratio will vary based on how long your inhales are and type of juice using(i use volcano juice or my own 80pg/20vg blend which is the same type of blend volcano uses). now you will know when its time to re-drip when flavor and or vapor start to change or die down. as far as leaking when upside down yes it can happen if she had just dripped but never inhaled to use up the juice that was just put in.

another thing that takes getting use to when dripping is how fast to drip. you kind of want to give a second or two between each drop so it can be absorbed properly otherwise you will flood it as well.

del
Magma God

Postby Thrall » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:20 am

Generally with a freshly cleaned atty I will prime with 5-6 drops, and re-wet it with 3-4. each cycle gets me about 1 cigs worth of vaping.
Thrall
Volcano God

Postby jkirstein » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:40 pm

thanks for the info
jkirstein
Volcano Menehune

Postby vegas sheila » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:51 pm

can someone tell me if the button on the inferno drip tip should light up as i draw on it? it does on the one with the larger battery that i ordered but not the drip tip.. also the light doesn't stay on on the end of the drip tip when charging but turns off a few seconds after i plug it in
vegas sheila
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:33 pm

the light on the button on the battery will light up when the button is pressed. If it does not light up at all the battery is most likely locked.

Press the button 5 times fast to unlock the battery, press it 5 times fast again to lock it for storage or travel.

the Drip Tips do not have lights they are just plastic, acrylic or aluminum parts that attach to atomizers or cartos/clearos.

The red light on the end of the 650mAh or smaller Inferno battery will only be lit up when the battery is charging. The batteries ship nearly full. So the light should go out pretty quick after plugging it in.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Beginner Info - yes, we were all there too!

Postby Arclight » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 am

Love this thread!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gqhxfg
Arclight
Volcano Legend

Postby Superfrog » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:03 am

Arclight wrote:Love this thread!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gqhxfg

I wonder why :eh:

Welcome back Arc, been a while :D
^^^^ IF I DIDN'T FALL OFF THE WAGON FOR SIX MONTHS! I'd be here! ^^^^

This RETIRED sailor has never been accused of an 'Amphibious Assult'
Superfrog
Magma God

Postby akgardne » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Sorry I made it to page 5 but I would spend my entire week getting to the last page to find an answer to my questions. I'm new, just got my Magma Drip Kit on Saturday. So far I like it but I really don't know what I'm doing. I watched all the videos about the Magma but it seems just like the general info. No one I know use an e-cig. Now I'm getting alot of questions and it's frustrating. I just happened to get a recommendation from a passerby at school who convinced me to try by telling me she hadn't picked up a cig in a year. But it is pretty lonely and frustrating doing this on my own So here are my questions:
1. Why do I have to drip the juice through the tip? Why can't I put the drops directly onto the atomizer? I feel like every time I out a few drops (2-3) in it ends up leaking out. I can tell that it needs more because the flavor is gone but it seems like I'm wrong if it is leaking everytime.
2. It makes a noise like air is leaking? Not only is it annoying but how do I know that it is working properly?
3. I'm rethinking the drip thing. It's not really convenient (or safe) to do while driving. Can I just buy some refillable tanks to go with what I already have?
4. Does this thing need maintenance and cleaning ?
5. When should I buy new atomizers? I want to make sure I have some on hand so I don't revert back to smoking.

I really wish I knew someone who used this because I'm doing this completely blind. Any advice, tips, suggestions are very much appreciated!
akgardne
Volcano Menehune

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Tricks