It is currently Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Beginner Info - yes, we were all there too!

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Re: Beginner Info - yes, we were all there too!

Postby Sublym1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Aloha akgardne! Welcome to Volcano! :wave: I'll try my best to answer your questions. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

akgardne wrote:1. Why do I have to drip the juice through the tip? Why can't I put the drops directly onto the atomizer? I feel like every time I out a few drops (2-3) in it ends up leaking out. I can tell that it needs more because the flavor is gone but it seems like I'm wrong if it is leaking everytime.

You can remove the drip tip and drip directly onto the atomizer then replace the drip tip if that makes it easier for you. That way, the juice will go directly onto the bridge of the atty instead of hanging to the side of the drip tip. You don't have to put 3 drops every time, you can just add 2 if it leaks too much.
akgardne wrote:2. It makes a noise like air is leaking? Not only is it annoying but how do I know that it is working properly?

When you take a draw off of it, make sure that it's slow, long draws. If you draw on it too hard, you're pulling more air though which in turn will produce less vapor/flavor.
akgardne wrote:3. I'm rethinking the drip thing. It's not really convenient (or safe) to do while driving. Can I just buy some refillable tanks to go with what I already have?

You can use the Magma Tankomizer, Clearomizers and even the Volcano cartomizers. You'll have to find out which one works best for you.
akgardne wrote:4. Does this thing need maintenance and cleaning ?

The atomizer does need to be cleaned every so often. Usually when the vapor production goes down or the flavor starts to go bad. You can clean it by letting it soak in near-boiling water and stirring it every few minutes for about 15 minutes or so. Then blow out the excess water and let it sit on a paper towel/napkin overnight. Prime it with a few drops and you should be good to go. If you use dark or really sweet juice, you might have to repeat the cleaning process to get out the built up residue.
akgardne wrote:5. When should I buy new atomizers? I want to make sure I have some on hand so I don't revert back to smoking.

It always good to keep a few extra attys on hand. That way you'll always have a back up if one should go bad on you. You should replace them if the draw gets too hard or lack in vapor production/flavor even after cleaning.
akgardne wrote:I really wish I knew someone who used this because I'm doing this completely blind. Any advice, tips, suggestions are very much appreciated!

You can always join us in the Video Chat to get your questions answered. Most times, there's someone in there that will be able to help you out. Otherwise, you can continue to post in here. Hope this helps. :thumbup:
Last edited by Sublym1 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sublym1
Magma God

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 pm

1. Why do I have to drip the juice through the tip? Why can't I put the drops directly onto the atomizer? I feel like every time I out a few drops (2-3) in it ends up leaking out. I can tell that it needs more because the flavor is gone but it seems like I'm wrong if it is leaking everytime.
2. It makes a noise like air is leaking? Not only is it annoying but how do I know that it is working properly?
3. I'm rethinking the drip thing. It's not really convenient (or safe) to do while driving. Can I just buy some refillable tanks to go with what I already have?
4. Does this thing need maintenance and cleaning ?
5. When should I buy new atomizers? I want to make sure I have some on hand so I don't revert back to smoking.

1)
you dont need to drip through the tip if you dont want to, you can pull it off if you want and drip onto the atty then put the tip back on.

2)
they will always make noise, some are a bit noisier than others, after a few days the noise should get less.

3)
yes you can. Which kit do you have? The Magma clearos work great. All of our forms of atomizers are compatible with all our batteries. Low resistance is not really recommended for smaller batteries.

4)
yes it should be cleaned, I recommend a cleaning once a week.

5)
you should always have spares on hand. Attys are like light bulbs they can last a few days or they can last a few months. The average life span is about a month
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby akgardne » Thu May 03, 2012 7:18 am

Thanks for the answers! Now I'm having battery problems. One of my batteries just stays lit up all the time and when I attach it to the atomizer is sizzles and smells like burning. I have left it threads down for 12 hours and nothing has come out of it. The other battery I charged overnight while I was sleeping. It was in the wall charger and glowing green when I got up showing full charge. I attached it to the atomizer, vaped for about an hour and a half off and on, and it blinked like it was dead and now it's back on the charger. Grrrr I just don't get this! Maybe I didn't choose the right kit? Did I get some faulty batteries or is this all beginner's operator error? So frustrated :x :problem: :wtf:
akgardne
Volcano Menehune

Postby del » Thu May 03, 2012 7:52 am

it sounds like your using a auto magma, for the one that is staying on this is most commonly caused by getting juice down that center hole on the battery. what you can try is putting it in a tupperware, with uncooked rice for a few days and see if that pulls out any excess moisture. that battery may or may not work again depending on if any electronics inside got messed up, this is a common issue with dripping and auto batteries, that why i only drip on manual magma's or on the infernos since they come manual as well rather then auto.

no for the other battery only lasting a hour or so that sounds about right, on a good day i could kill a magma battery in a hour easily. they have other options that will give u more battry life. the inferno's are a great way to be able to vape almost all day without a recharge. the 650 mah(usb battery) last me about half the day, and can be charged while using when hooked up to a usb cable. so its a great way for people that spend alot of time in front of a computer. the 1000mah(super battery) will last me nearly all day, this will charge similar to the magma where when on its charger you cant use it. i highly recommend the kit since it will come with all the necessary piece need(chargers, cones).

del
Magma God

Postby akgardne » Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 am

I got the Magma Drip kit. It came with 2 M-batteries.
akgardne
Volcano Menehune

Postby icanhazvapor » Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Odd, there isn't a choice on the kit pages for Manual or Automatic Batteries anymore? (I just looked) I could swear that used to be an option.

Anyhow, I recommend picking up a manual m-battery or two for dripping http://www.volcanoecigs.com/m-battery-manual.html

Or you could just go with the Inferno, which only comes in manual.
Dripping, it's part art and part voodoo ... and I am a Voodoo Artist.

Volcano eCigs of Anderson, SC
Officially Licensed Distributer
icanhazvapor
Official Licensed Distributor

Postby nox » Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 pm

icanhazvapor wrote:Odd, there isn't a choice on the kit pages for Manual or Automatic Batteries anymore? (I just looked) I could swear that used to be an option.

Anyhow, I recommend picking up a manual m-battery or two for dripping http://www.volcanoecigs.com/m-battery-manual.html

Or you could just go with the Inferno, which only comes in manual.

your right there isnt a choice. i could swear that there was when i got my magma kit but i chose automatic(havent used a manual before, didnt know how hardcore they were) i think it would be good if they gave that option again. and +1 on the inferno :twisted:
nox
Volcano God

Postby bradtrump » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 am

After burning through countless tank-o-mizer carts over the last 3 months of my vaping experience, I've finally found something that works for me and I thought I'd share it. I've managed to prolong the life of my carts and have a better overall vaping experience.

Slow and low is definately the key to a good vape. I use the Inferno tube tank system and I love it.

I fill my tanks about 80% full of my favorite e-juice and drip about 45 drops into the polyfill of the cart when its brand new. If I'm changing flavors, I blow the cart out as best I can and add about 15 drops of the new flavor to the polyfill. I take 3 or 4 slow and deep draws first before I go and push the button for the initial vape. Doing this seems to make sure the cart is good and soaked before you go and get it hot. If you dont see a bubble pop up form the fill hole on the cart then your polyfill is probably good and saturated. If you force it to take in more juice you will end up flooding the cart. You know its flooded if it gurgles or you get it in your mouth. If that happens, I tilt the tank so the fill hole has no juice covering it and gently blow backwards to force out the excess.

My draw is what was either flooding or burning up my carts left and right. I've had great success with this method: I call it the 6 second draw. It almost completely but still comfortably fills my mouth. I push the button and draw for 5 seconds, slow and steady. The last second or so I continue to slowly draw but without the button pressed. This seems to keep the mouth piece from getting nasty with left over vapor and it aids in making sure there is plenty of juice in the polyfill for your next puff.

If when you vape you get it in your mouth or consistently have the gurgle then you are probably taking to hard of a draw. If you get the burnt taste or smell then your cart is not fully saturated yet.

I hope this can maybe help a newbie or someone having burning or flooding issues as I did when I first started vaping.

Cheers.
bradtrump
Volcano Menehune

Postby mplsdunk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:16 pm

hey, i get my inferno kit tomorrow. first e cig except a throw away from the gas station. if i want to change flavors i have to get a new cartomiizer right? that is unless the new flavor wont clash with the old.
mplsdunk
Volcano Menehune

Postby del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:31 pm

mplsdunk wrote:hey, i get my inferno kit tomorrow. first e cig except a throw away from the gas station. if i want to change flavors i have to get a new cartomiizer right? that is unless the new flavor wont clash with the old.

depending on the flavors you dont need to swap out the carto.. but if its something like redhotlava you would want a dedicated carto unless your aiming for cinnamon plus what ever else your tooting on....

if your trying out a bunch of flavors the best thing you can do is get a drip atomizer as that will be much easier for sampling

del
Magma God

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Tricks