It is currently Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:34 am

Best way to prime a tube tank

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Re: Best way to prime a tube tank

Postby annabratxo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:26 pm

I have two boxes of cartos, one w/smaller holes than the other. It does seem the smaller the hole, the faster the carto seems to go wrong. I was just getting super frustrated, about to throw out and change my 3rd carto in a week and I came across another thread with tips and tricks. the guy said that if the burning taste happens, stop vaping (obviously) and disconnect the battery. then take off the drip tip, being careful not to spill the tank, and just re-prime from the top with about 30 drops, wait a few mins and go. This worked like a champ. I know that putting the drops in from the bottom can cause flooding, as can over priming the bottom with the needle tip. but if ur patient and try this, it might work.. save you the time of waiting for 20 drops to absorb into the bottom.. :)
annabratxo
Volcano Menehune

Best way to prime a tube tank

Postby parrothut » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am

I used the needle tip, 40 drops and then let it sit filled with liquid. This seems to saturate the tank just fine and it works great. You should wait between drops to allow it to soak into the polyfill. I love my tube tank and it is one of my favorite ways to vape.
Ed Morgan
parrothut
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:51 pm

I would suggest dripping more drops than 40 if you are using the needle tip bottle cap. the drops from that are almost half the size as the dripper top. and we recommend 35-40 drops from the dripper top.

Letting it sit after filling does help, so does primer draws (drawing on it without firing the button.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby alsafysh » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:31 am

I'm using 60/40 Juice and I find my carts die in about a week. It's very frustrating! 80/20 juice just BURNS my throat too much.

I've tried dripping into the cart when it seems dry. Doing primer pulls, and all manner of other tricks. It still dies, and I meant TURNS BLACK in about a week. :( Just something I have to live with I guess. My husband can use a cart for a month on his clear 80/20 juices.
alsafysh
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 am

The 60/40 juice will do that, the thicker VG in it will clog things up faster and VG is sweeter so it caramelizes the sugars int he juice faster and builds up a coating on the coil much faster.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby alsafysh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 am

Artist Boy wrote:The 60/40 juice will do that, the thicker VG in it will clog things up faster and VG is sweeter so it caramelizes the sugars int he juice faster and builds up a coating on the coil much faster.

I found that if I blow the excess juice from the cart each time I refill then it will last much longer. The thickness of the juice keeps it in a sort of "flooded" state. Anyhow, hope that helps someone who has cart issues in with thick juices in the future.
alsafysh
Volcano Ali'i

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks