It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:22 am

Best way to prime a tube tank

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Best way to prime a tube tank

Postby speedy23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 pm

I never got the tube tank to work using the priming method in the video, and the instruction sheet. It was always flooded, and never drew right, no smoke, very frustrating. I set the tank aside, gave up on it, used a drip tip.
Fellow vaper at work told me this method:
Fill the tank and put it all back together. Turn the tank upside down and put drops on the little hole in the 510 connector. The drop sits there for a second and then gets sucked into the carto.
She has an Inferno with the small tube tank and puts in 10-12 drops. I have a Lavatube with the 7 ml tank, and I put in 20 drops.
I have done this several times now with two different tanks, one with the old small hole carto, and one with the new larger hole carto.
It has worked great, hits great from the first puff and keeps on hitting. I now love my tube tanks.
I think it works better because this method ensures that the lower part of the fill is fully primed and the top part is not overprimed. Since there is no air in the bottom of the wick it starts feeding right from the start.
speedy23
Volcano Menehune

Re: Best way to prime a tube tank

Postby del » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 pm

speedy im glad you found a way that works for you, although it isnt the best way to do it. i have seen many ways across different forums, only one that works for me is volcanos as the rest i will burn up the polyfill, vape way to fast otherwise

del
Magma God

Postby speedy23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 pm

del wrote:speedy im glad you found a way that works for you, although it isnt the best way to do it. i have seen many ways across different forums, only one that works for me is volcanos as the rest i will burn up the polyfill, vape way to fast otherwise

Have you tried it using this method?
speedy23
Volcano Menehune

Postby JSmith926 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 am

have you tried using a needle tip bottle cap to fill your tube tank, its the only way to go, and if you flood your carto just blow through it into a paper towel to clear the flood, i love my TT very much its one of the best no hassle ways for me to vape and have a decent flavor and vape quality
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby Cha0tik » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:26 pm

I was just about to throw my TT away and go back to clearos and i tried this and it worked for me! Thanks for the tip!! :thumbup:
Cha0tik
Volcano Menehune

Postby diamond575 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I am trying this method with dripping on the bottom and it seems good so far, but I think it might just be a temporary fix for me. I have a batch of cartos that I am thinking maybe have too small of a hole drilled in them. After they sit for a long time (hours), I get about 5 good draws and then they start to burn because they are not getting enough juice back in the tank. I tried poking the hole with a paperclip some and doing dry pulls but that gets a bit old, continually trying to dry pull on the tank to get more juice in. Anyone have a good fix for this besides getting some sort of drill to make a bigger hole? (no vice and such handy here)

I normally do not have a problem with these and have been vaping them for months so I do not think it is user error...
diamond575
Volcano Menehune

Postby del » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm

diamond575 wrote:I am trying this method with dripping on the bottom and it seems good so far, but I think it might just be a temporary fix for me. I have a batch of cartos that I am thinking maybe have too small of a hole drilled in them. After they sit for a long time (hours), I get about 5 good draws and then they start to burn because they are not getting enough juice back in the tank. I tried poking the hole with a paperclip some and doing dry pulls but that gets a bit old, continually trying to dry pull on the tank to get more juice in. Anyone have a good fix for this besides getting some sort of drill to make a bigger hole? (no vice and such handy here)

I normally do not have a problem with these and have been vaping them for months so I do not think it is user error...

have you changed anything in the juice that you are using..... different vendor, specialty blends, not normal flavors. many times user tend to blame the gear and often its something as simple as oversight or user error. yes im guilty of this too even after 2 years.

del
Magma God

Postby diamond575 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:16 pm

No, same as usual. I am not very experimental with my juices. :)

What I normally see is the bubble coming up from the weep hole which I take as a good sign that the juice is entering the carto. With these I do not get it unless I dry pull on it. Maybe I will try fiddling with the paper clip some more in there... The same thing is happening on two different cartos with two different batteries. I think both cartos were from the same box of 5. Up until this it was pure bliss with my LT v2!

Thanks for the response.
diamond575
Volcano Menehune

Postby alsafysh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 am

speedy23 wrote:She has an Inferno with the small tube tank and puts in 10-12 drops. I have a Lavatube with the 7 ml tank, and I put in 20 drops.
t.

Seriously? I used 40 drops and it was perfection! I blew out any excess before hand (which there was none) just in case. I've considered moistening the cart a little bit every day.
alsafysh
Volcano Ali'i

Postby diamond575 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:53 am

/nod

I always use 40 drops. And until this last batch of bad cartos that worked like perfection.
diamond575
Volcano Menehune

Next

Return to Tips and Tricks