It is currently Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:58 am

Burnt Taste with New Inferno Tank

Ask Artist Boy and the community.

Burnt Taste with New Inferno Tank

Postby HawaiiGent » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:25 pm

I was happy as heck to see Volcano was selling new tanks that did not require cartomizers. I purchased it and found it far superior in terms of flavor for the first two days, but since yesterday (day 3 since purchase) there has been a burnt taste much like a burnt cartomizer that I can't get rid of.

I have refilled the tank, dry sucked the tip many, many times (and this seems to help a tiny bit, but not much) and also dropped a drop of fluid down the hole - I'm bad with the tech words but not the hole in the center of the tank but the hole on the end connected to the battery when it is taken apart. This has not helped.

What can I do? I'm now on the Big Island and 1.5hrs away from the nearest store. I called another store and they gave me some advice - about dropping fluid down the hole - but that hasn't helped.

Is it now wrecked and do I have to replace it? Seems silly that would happen so fast when I followed all the instructions.
HawaiiGent
Volcano Menehune

Re: Burnt Taste with New Inferno Tank

Postby wvmedic » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm having the same issue, love the hit. But the burnt taste stinks.

Hope to see a reply for a fix.
wvmedic
Volcano Menehune

Postby copelandd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Sorry, not here to help - but to commiserate! Same problem ... got my Inferno on 12/24/13 - didn't have it for a week before having the same burnt taste problem. I would love to hear any suggestions to help!
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.volcanoecigs.com][img]http://www.volcanoecigs.com/esig/inferno-12-25-2013-550-20-7500-600-2400.png[/img][/url]
copelandd
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:07 pm

try blowing into it. The burnt taste is probably coming from an air pocket being trapped around the head preventing the juice from getting in. you should see some air bubbles come up in the tank when you blow into it.

This should stop the burnt taste from happening.

Now if the burnt taste does not go away once the air pocket is gone, you may need to try dry burning the head to clear out that burnt taste from it.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby wvmedic » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:22 pm

What do you mean by burning the head?
wvmedic
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:49 pm

take the base off the tank and leave the head in it, screw the base and head back onto the battery and fire the battery for a few seconds then let it cool for a few then fire the battery again. Blowing across the head while firing it. Keep cycling like that till the head stops making vapor and you can see a glow from the coil inside the head.

Once you see it glowing stop. It is clean and ready to be used again. Fill your tank up and screw the base back on. then connect to your battery blow into it a few times to remove any air pockets and then take 3 pulls on it with out pressing the button to prime the head. Then it should be ready for use.

If it lays on it side, you may need to blow into once or twice to break any air pockets around the head before using it to make sure it gets the juice it needs.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby copelandd » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:43 am

Thanks AB for your speedy response and suggestions. I did as you said - blowing into the tank helped with the taste a bit. I was encouraged by the slight improvement so I drained and refilled my tank w/new liquid hoping the problem was solved. It wasn't. I tried burning the head this morning. I was careful to fire for a few seconds and let it cool as you instructed. After around 20+ cycles however, I still saw vapor and never did see the glow you described. There was also a strong burnt smell. The smell was discouraging, I thought maybe I'd cycled too many times, so I ended up replacing the head and draining and refilling w/new liquid again. I did a few dry puffs then tried again. Burnt taste has improved again but it doesn't seem like I'm getting full flavor from my liquid - hard to describe - flavor seems off a bit. Maybe it'll improve with some time and use today - I hope so!
copelandd
Volcano Menehune

Postby copelandd » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:48 am

p.s. - Why the burnt taste? If I ever get rid of it, how can I prevent it from happening again?
[url=http://www.volcanoecigs.com][img]http://www.volcanoecigs.com/esig/inferno-12-25-2013-550-20-7500-600-2400.png[/img][/url]
copelandd
Volcano Menehune

Postby wvmedic » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:44 am

I did as suggested minus the dry burn, it did get better. But the burnt taste comes back after a couple hits.

Here is what I have been doing any I'm not getting any burnt taste now.

Rather than taking a hit when doing the burn, I just put the tip in my mouth and let the vapor fill my mouth. Then inhale, no more burnt taste, I prefer the tube tank not as good of a hit as the BCT. But you can hit it like an analog and not get that burnt flavor.
wvmedic
Volcano Menehune

Postby copelandd » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:09 am

Thx wvmedic. That happened to me too - the burnt taste coming back after a few hits. I thought about asking to have my BCT replaced w/the tube tank, but I agree with you - the BCT is a way better hit. Therefore, I was determined to figure this problem out today! I took my BCT to a pro shop, also talked to a volcano cust srvc rep, and took it to a more seasoned inferno user for tips. They all reiterated everything AB said. Basically, air pockets are the culprit. I am taking dry hits to saturate the wick(?) and tapping to shake loose bubbles when needed (quite often) between vapes and the burnt taste is gone. In addition, I'm not having a problem with not getting full flavor any longer either! I LOVE my BCT :P Hope this helps.
copelandd
Volcano Menehune

Next

Return to General and Technical Questions