It is currently Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:40 am

California BAN on all online e-cig and tobacco sales?

News stories, articles, or other media and documentation about vaping.

California BAN on all online e-cig and tobacco sales?

Postby bazuemague » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Have any of you heard of this?

SACRAMENTO — In an effort to clamp down on youth smoking, Assemblyman Roger Dickinson (D-Sacramento) announced Monday that he was introducing a bill that would block the sale of cigarettes, tobacco products and electronic cigarettes to individuals via the Internet.

http://www.latimes.com/local/political/ ... z2qKRP10mR

I've been a Volcano customer for about a year now, and I just heard that the California legislature is considering banning ALL online sales of tobacco and e-cig products.

If that goes through I would no longer be able to order my Volcano products from Hawaii.

I feel better than I have in years now that I am off of analog cigarettes (so THANK YOU, Volcano!!!) and would hate to have to search for an alternative.

Would California stores do in-state mail order sales if I had to place an order that way?

Please let me know - I bet lots of your California customers are wondering about this.
bazuemague
Volcano Menehune

Re: California BAN on all online e-cig and tobacco sales?

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:36 pm

well first off I would urge you and anyone else you to call, write, email, text, fax.... what ever Assemblyman Dickerson and tell him your story. Family members should as well in support of how you have changed your life and how blocking sales of ecigs via the internet would effect you and your life and health. Along with all other state personal that may be involved with voting the law into effect.

The Cali stores may take phone orders if it comes to that, but it is truly up to the store as they are not corporate stores, it is up to the shop owner I believe.

There have been many attempts over the years by many states and even federal level to block online sales. and so far the people speaking out in outrage have managed to stop these laws and bans. If you need info like legal and medical studies to include and cite for your letter please chek out CASAA http://casaa.org/

These people making the laws are voted in by the people and are there to serve the people and do what is best for them. Speak up and let your voice be heard.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Return to Vaping Media