It is currently Sat May 23, 2015 1:17 am

Change resistance which way?

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Change resistance which way?

Postby jeff4066 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:25 am

Some time back, I was using a 3.2 V batt. with 2.4 ohm atomizer. I had tried for a while the 1.8 ohm but had a tendency to "outrun" the wick. Went back to 2.4.

Now I am using a 4 V batt., and things do not act as they used to. The flavor seems duller, and the atomizer elements seem to lose it quicker.

My question for the pros would be; Would moving to a higher resistance like a 2.8 work? I want to get some flavor, and I would like some idea of what to change first without ordering a bunch of useless stuff and wasting money.

Also, there have been some people stating that new juice like Peach or Pineapple is dull tasting lately, and I wonder if that is connected with this issue.

For the record, I use a Vision V2 on an eGo-T Upgrade batt. (I really wanted Infernos, but needed the eGo threads).
jeff4066
Volcano Menehune

Re: Change resistance which way?

Postby JSmith926 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 am

jeff4066 wrote:Some time back, I was using a 3.2 V batt. with 2.4 ohm atomizer. I had tried for a while the 1.8 ohm but had a tendency to "outrun" the wick. Went back to 2.4.

Now I am using a 4 V batt., and things do not act as they used to. The flavor seems duller, and the atomizer elements seem to lose it quicker.

My question for the pros would be; Would moving to a higher resistance like a 2.8 work? I want to get some flavor, and I would like some idea of what to change first without ordering a bunch of useless stuff and wasting money.

Also, there have been some people stating that new juice like Peach or Pineapple is dull tasting lately, and I wonder if that is connected with this issue.

For the record, I use a Vision V2 on an eGo-T Upgrade batt. (I really wanted Infernos, but needed the eGo threads).

Where did you get a 3.2v batt? almost all vendors sell 3.7v batts (max charge around 4.2v)

What do you mean by outrun the wick? dries out to fast? burnt hits? Dry hits?

by the flavor being more dull it may be that you are getting a flavor block, also could be that you are running too high of resistance on a 3.7v device... volcano suggest 1.5 Ohm (DCC) or 2 ohm (atty, clearo etc) on inferno style batts..

Pineapple is a lighter flavor, however it mixes very well with other flavors. like coconut for instance,

vision V2 is that the spinner? (that would explain the 3.2v batt and 4v batt) if so depending on what clearos you are running the highest you can really run is 4.2v and they are going to taste funky... and dry out and burn.... you may just need to swap out the clearo or tank to get the full flavor and vape out of it..

Hope this helps you out.
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Return to Tips and Tricks