It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 4:47 am

Chat Fail

A place to report technical issues you experience.

Re: did chat die?

Postby Superfrog » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:43 am

RockClimb wrote:
Superfrog wrote:Rock, I've tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox. All with the same results.

Does it give you the login prompt when chat comes up or does it fail immediately?

Rock

Give's the login prompt, then auth fails. I'll wait until we get the all clear from AB that the techs are done working their magic.
^^^^ IF I DIDN'T FALL OFF THE WAGON FOR SIX MONTHS! I'd be here! ^^^^

This RETIRED sailor has never been accused of an 'Amphibious Assult'
Superfrog
Magma God

Postby Maddoktor2 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:15 am

Auth appears to be working now. :thumbup:
"Life is no fun if you never lick a little juice. :mrgreen:" ~ Mary23
Image Image Image
*DoK's Law*:
The simplicity of a solution is directly proportionate to its elusiveness.
Maddoktor2
Volcano Legend

Postby Superfrog » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:30 am

Ok...

I need to file the infamous ID10T form...

Didn't realize the user name is F&#*&$% *@&#$^ #$(*@@# CASE SENSITIVE!

So, if you're having problems, I just got on by logging in, both the USERNAME and PASSWORD is case sensitive.

Grrrr, AB, I think you did that on purpose to keep me out :problem: :lol:
^^^^ IF I DIDN'T FALL OFF THE WAGON FOR SIX MONTHS! I'd be here! ^^^^

This RETIRED sailor has never been accused of an 'Amphibious Assult'
Superfrog
Magma God

Postby ChuckB » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Is anyone else still having issues with the chat? I've tried both Opera and FireFox, cleared the cache on both, rebooted the workstation, and copied and pasted the username and password from the password manager to be sure I wasn't typoing or had the case wrong.

I can log in to the store and the forum but not the chat. It goes directly to the login page and I just get "authentication failed"

It does look like some are getting in as I see user counts vary some.
ChuckB
Volcano God

Postby Magma Mike » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:09 pm

ChuckB wrote:Is anyone else still having issues with the chat? I've tried both Opera and FireFox, cleared the cache on both, rebooted the workstation, and copied and pasted the username and password from the password manager to be sure I wasn't typoing or had the case wrong.

I can log in to the store and the forum but not the chat. It goes directly to the login page and I just get "authentication failed"

It does look like some are getting in as I see user counts vary some.

Hey Chuck,
Yeah, you are the only person to report any errors. Being that the chat is flash based, I would look into reinstalling/upgrading your flash player.
Magma Mike
Kauakepo

Postby uvalde » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:57 pm

I've upgraded Adobe Flash to version 10.3, still no go. I've also run up to my office and tried this on a Windows XP workstation (the computers at home are linux), freshly installed Adobe Flash 10.3 from Adobe's web site. Rebooted the workstation and still stops at the same place.

I've not had any issues with the chat on either of my liniux workstations until this weekend. It also appears that my ID is not working for chat from a Windows workstation either. I am fairly confident that I have the username and password correct as I was copy and pasting from the password manager in firefox.

Next thing I've tried is I re-registered and that seems to work just fine. (Username uvalde) So, either I have the wrong password stored, or my username is corrupted for chat. It seems to work fine with the rest of the site, just not chat.
uvalde
Volcano Menehune

Postby Magma Mike » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:07 pm

uvalde wrote:I've upgraded Adobe Flash to version 10.3, still no go. I've also run up to my office and tried this on a Windows XP workstation (the computers at home are linux), freshly installed Adobe Flash 10.3 from Adobe's web site. Rebooted the workstation and still stops at the same place.

I've not had any issues with the chat on either of my liniux workstations until this weekend. It also appears that my ID is not working for chat from a Windows workstation either. I am fairly confident that I have the username and password correct as I was copy and pasting from the password manager in firefox.

Next thing I've tried is I re-registered and that seems to work just fine. (Username uvalde) So, either I have the wrong password stored, or my username is corrupted for chat. It seems to work fine with the rest of the site, just not chat.

Hey Chuck,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. Can you please PM or email me your login credentials for both of your accounts (username and password) and I will test from my end to see what the deal is. My email is listed below. Thanks.
Magma Mike
Kauakepo

Postby Magma Mike » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:08 pm

actually its not...thats the cs email. My email is magmamike@volcanoecigs.com
Magma Mike
Kauakepo

Postby uvalde » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:16 pm

The problem is on this dummy's end. I have probably been trying to log in all lower case, but the username isn't all lowercase. It's working now. Still odd that the password manager in FireFox stores it all lower case.

Sorry for making you jump through hoops on this. Was definitely a PEBCAK issue (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard)

Thanks Mike.
uvalde
Volcano Menehune

Postby rawrrrdino » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm

uvalde wrote:The problem is on this dummy's end. I have probably been trying to log in all lower case, but the username isn't all lowercase. It's working now. Still odd that the password manager in FireFox stores it all lower case.

Sorry for making you jump through hoops on this. Was definitely a PEBCAK issue (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard)

Thanks Mike.

don't worry, man. you're not the only one that has suffered from that. I think the authentications must have gotten more strict. I probs would have had the same problem if my username was capitalized at all.
rawrrrdino
Volcano Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Video Chat Glitches and Issues