It is currently Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:46 pm

Chat Recap 10-24-12

Learn more about them and read recaps of the past chats.

Chat Recap 10-24-12

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:21 pm

:!: Thanks
A big shout out to all the Magma Gods and Legends. Your support is much appreciated. And to everyone here on the forums that help out others thank you, you guys and gals make this place what it is.

:!: Follow us please
If you enjoy our products (which I think you do if you are here reading this) please follow us on FB and G+ you can also follow all of our other locations on FB. If you are near one please follow their FB page as well. You can find their pages by going to this link

:!: Clearance Rack
Please make sure to stop by and check out our Clearance Rack on the site. There are many items in there with saving s up to 75% off. Some of these items are being discontinued and once they are sold out they will not be coming back. There will be new items added this week.

:!: Customer of the Week
Check out the new CotW on our blog. Stop by get to know one of our customers and their vaping story. Please leave a comment. You could be the next person selected. You get some awesome prizes for being the CotW.

:!: Flavor of the Week
New flavor of the week is Kona Coffee. Here is your chance to get this great juice for $4 off the regular price.

:!: New Stores Coming soon
  • Boulevard Mall Las Vegas opening Nov. 5th we are still looking for a manager for this location, so if you are in the area and are looking to work for Volcnao, please send in your resume to info@volcanoecigs.com Hurry though, we will be making our final decision tomorrow.
  • Ewa Beach Hawaii. This will be a large brick and mortar cafe. Opening Dec. 1st. We are still looking for staff for this location as well.

:!: Location upgrades
  • Windward mall location upgraded from the standalone cart kiosk to a new 10' x 10" structure kiosk yesterday. Stop by and check it out if you are in the area
  • Peralridge Mall location will be upgrading to a 10'x 10' kiosk later this week/early next week.

:!: Mixology Contest
Only one week left till the submissions are closed. Hurry to get your entries in.

:!: New Christmas Flavors
We will have new limited edition flavors for the holidays here soon. We are waiting for the samples before we decide on which ones we will actually be selling.

:!: VaperCon2
It was a BLAST, Joe says it was the best event yet.

:!: VapeFest 2013
Not much about it has been released yet, but it will be in New York and happen on March 22-23. More info to come.

:!: New Clearos are in
We have a new updated version of the Clearomizers. They have a 2.0ohm resistance and a stiffer outer shell. But we are going to be upgrading these here soon as the fill holes are a little small for the needle tip bottle caps. With these having a lower ohm they do hit harder (as in stronger TH)

:!: Chat cancellations
We are sorry that chats have been cancelled lately, but we have been super busy, and then there was VaperCon and we have been out scouting for new locations and setting up new locations.

:!: Big Changes to the Weekly Chats
When we started doing the chats over 2 years ago, we tried to pick the best day and time for everyone. But lately many people have been complaining that they can not make it to chat on Weds at 9pm EST. Plus sometimes we just don't always have new updates yet for Weds.
So what we are now going to start doing is not having the chat on Weds night. But instead it will be different days of the week. The time will still be 9pm EST and it will only be Mon- Fri. We will announce the chat day with at least 24hrs before. The notice will be posted on our social media pages, so please make sure to follow us on FB, G+, and Twitter.
These new chats will normally happen and revolve around new products, product updates, and other important info.
The chats will still have a discount code and giveaways/ trivia.

:!: Next weeks Chat
Will be the first chat we have on a random day. Since Weds is Halloween and many of us have children and parties to go to, we are sure the turn out would not be so grand. So start keeping an eye on the social media pages and I will post as soon as I know when we are having the next chat.

Winners

1) Geekdgirl

2) VapeStack

3) AJay

Till next time, happy vaping, and see you around the forum.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Re: Chat Recap 10-24-12

Postby ripplemarc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 am

Hey AB,

As someone who has attended a good majority of the Wed. Night chats over the last 2 years (Dec. will be 2 yrs for me), I just wanted to respond about changing the chat days to random and being posted only on FB, G+, and Twitter.

As for the random days, I am really, really against that.

As you mentioned, many of us have small children. With small children comes specific schedules. It's hard enough finding the time on most wednesdays (or any day) to be able to join in on chat, but after almost 2 years of joining in on as many chats as I can, my wife & daughter at least know and have come to accept that Wed. at 9pm for about 1/2 hour or so is "daddy's time for his e-cig thing".

I may not alwyas be able to make it, but it's at least become a part of our weekly schedule whenever possible. If it suddenly becomes random nights, that will only make it even more difficult, and I'm guessing that I would not be able to participate very often anymore.

If the problem is just Wed. itself not being a good day, that's fine, change the day, but please keep it the same day & time every week. I still vote for Wed though, with Tues. as my 2nd choice. Mon & Thursday have NFL, and I don't think most people are going to be around at 9pm on Fri. nights. - I know I'm usually not home then.

Also, I have a problem that if you do go to random chats you mentioned that the times & dates would be posted only on FB, G+, and Twitter.

I use a work laptop, and we are NOT allowed to access social media sites like FB, G+, and Twitter under any circumstances - They are blocked!! Besides that, I've never used facebook, twitter or G+ anyway, and I don't really want to create an account. Does this mean that I will never be able to know when chat is? Why not post it on the forum as well?

The last problem I have is if you are going to do the random thing, why only 24hrs notice? Can't you pick a day every week - for example, Monday mornings, where you post up the day of the chat in the forum, or wherever you post it so we at least know when to look for it - again, while I periodically view the forums, I don't have time to come looking every day, thru-out the day to see if the day has been posted yet.

Obvioulsy, I would like to continue participating in the chats, but if this is how they are going to be in the future, I serioulsy doubt that I will be able to attend many, and even worse - I won't be able to attend any if I can even accesss the sites letting me know when they occur.

Thanks.

ripplemarc
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 am

the time will always be 9pm ES. I will most likely post the announcement here on the forum as well for the chat.

The random day is happening. There is no going back. This is what Joe and Mike want.

Many people are not able to do Weds night (we get a lot of people sending in emails saying they would love to attend but can't do Weds.)

This change is to allow everyone the chance the attend.

The random day is so we can have chats to announce new products coming in when they come in and go up on the site or for important updates.

I am sorry if the changes may limit your attendance, but this change is to allow more people to be able to come to the chats.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby DantheMan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:35 pm

I do see why this random day thing seems like a good idea. It probably will help me since I rarely get to participate in the chat since I usually work Wednesday nights. And I can also see why it seems better because you guys would like to actually have something new to share every chat. However I do agree that you should pick a designated day to announce what day the chat will be and it would definitely be a good idea to post here in the forum because I too don't do social sites like FB and I'm sure others who participate in the chat don't as well.
DantheMan
Volcano Ali'i

Postby DantheMan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Also wanted to ask if these new clearos are the "better thing" I heard about some time back? And if there is going to be something to replace the E2 (not clear) cartomizers?
DantheMan
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:07 pm

no the new clearos are not the replacement for the metal CE2 cartomizers.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby DantheMan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 pm

That's not what I was asking. My apologies, let me clarify. At one time I heard the clearomizers were going to be changed/replaced/updated. Is this new version what I was hearing about? And will there be a replacement for the not clear cartomizers?
DantheMan
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 pm

they were changed/upgraded a few months back when they went to the softer clear tubes.

There is something new in the works but that is down the road a ways still.

Yes there will be a replacement for the Magma CE2 cartomizers, they should be here soon.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby DantheMan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks AB. Always excited for new types of cartos. I want to ask about them but I know it has to be hush hush right now.
DantheMan
Volcano Ali'i

Postby nickslife89 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:39 pm

all my new clearos have a burn taste =[
nickslife89
Volcano Ali'i

Next

Return to Volcano Live Chats