It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:03 am

Chat Upgrade 4-6-12

A place to report technical issues you experience.

Chat Upgrade 4-6-12

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Starting here in a few moment. We will be working on upgrading the chat software to help fix the noise issue as well as add some nice improvements.

so for the rest of the day please expect some down time, service errors, and and other small glitches while we work on it.

I will let you know when it is all done. Once it is all done if you have any issue please report them and we will do our best to get them fixed right away. As it goes with all updates we ware sure there will be some glitches along the way, because we wont be able to to test it before hand. as we don't want the down time to be too long for you guys.

Please be patient and understanding. Chat might be glitchy today but it is in the process of becoming a better chat room. Once it is all up and running I will tell you all the new upgrades and new features, as some we are gonna test and see if we really like before we make those changes live.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Re: Chat Upgrade 4-6-12

Postby Puffy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 am

What software is the chat based? My Win 7 64 bit keeps getting a loading error but my 32bit laptop has none, I think i need an update but I dont know what program to update. :think: Java, flash?
Don't expect me to be PC. I'm not. I call it like I see it. Much better than the PC lie.

Puffy
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:04 am

currently it is Flash.. but we are upgrading to a new chat version this weekend to be based in Adobe Flex.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Puffy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Do we need to download anything?
Don't expect me to be PC. I'm not. I call it like I see it. Much better than the PC lie.

Puffy
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Spliner » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Adobe Flex? Do I need to give the chat a try on the iPad? Man that would be sweet!

Spliner

Disclaimer: My opinions are those of myself and no other. E-Cigarettes are not a "Quit Smoking" product. They are a smoking alternative. Keep all E-Liquids out of the reach of children.
Spliner
Volcano Legend

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:35 pm

you should not have to download anything. And once all is said and done yes it will work with all mobile OS's so smart phones and tablets should be able to do chat.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Spliner » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:21 am

You guys rock, let me know if you need testers. I have both an iPad2 and 3. ;).

Spliner

Disclaimer: My opinions are those of myself and no other. E-Cigarettes are not a "Quit Smoking" product. They are a smoking alternative. Keep all E-Liquids out of the reach of children.
Spliner
Volcano Legend

Postby Artist Boy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:49 pm

I dont think we are able to sandbox it so it will be a live launch. Last I hard we were having a hard time getting it to integrate cleanly with the forum database. Haven't heard much from the IT guy this weekend so he must be working out he kinks.

As soon as it goes live I will let you all know.

It will be nice to be bale to log in on my iPod and android.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Return to Video Chat Glitches and Issues