It is currently Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:20 am

If e-cigs were regulated by the FDA as a NRT

News stories, articles, or other media and documentation about vaping.

If e-cigs were regulated by the FDA as a NRT

Postby kaneohe247 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:40 am

On the local news
http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/fewer-places-for-ecigarette-smokers-to-puff/-/8905354/23599316/-/gd6mud/-/index.html
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24284191/electronic-cigarettes

After reading the articles, it stirs a thought. I don't see the justifications of this ban as based on fact. It's being justified based on opinion. And that the reason is because it "looks" like smoking a regular cigarette. ( if it looks like a duck. . . )

My impression is that the vaping community and businesses for the first 4-5 years initially stridently avoided any claims that vaping was a method of quitting smoking, known as a NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy), because NRT's are regulated by the FDA and would possibly require 10 years of testing and essentially kill the e-cig industry/businesses.
I noticed in the last year though, an increase in media adds touting e-cigs as a way to quit smoking. . . this could sway opinion towards viewing it as a NRT and thus open the doors again for the FDA to require e-cigs to be regulated and undergo testing. . .

But here's my interesting thought.
If e-cigs end up under FDA purview as a NRT, would I then be allowed to use it in my work place? Or any other place that the Patch or Nicotine gum is allowed (meaning everywhere)? Because now it would be a NRT and considered a medical device/treatment?
A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one.

since Feb. 14, 2011
kaneohe247
Volcano God

Return to Vaping Media