It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:09 pm

Cleaning auto batteries

You might just find your answer here!

Cleaning auto batteries

Postby Leskay » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 am

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to clean the Magma auto battery. I just noticed a crack in one of my Clearomizers and some eliquid got into the battery and sometimes sticks the connectors togeather so the atomizer keeps running. Its not a big problem yet but i would prefer not to have to get a new battery, so if any one has tried to clean one your info would be much apreciated.
Leskay

Re: Cleaning auto batteries

Postby Vesuvius » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:41 am

Place the battery standing straight up on top of a paper towel/ napkin with the led end at the top. let it there for a while to let any juice drain down the battery and out the threads.

Then take a tissue and bunch a corner of it up and stick it in the threads and twist it around a couple times.

Their is the option of blowing hard through the led end to get the juice out, but can short out the switch if it activates while there is juice in it. I have done this. Never had that happen and got juice out. TRY THE PAPER TOWEL THING FIRST.
ImageImage
MODDER, WARRANTY VOIDER, DRIPPER..THROUGH AND THROUGH!
Vesuvius
Volcano God

Postby geekdgirl » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:33 am

If you know there's juice in a battery, do not fire it...as stated above, you want to let it sit with the threads down so that the juice can drain out.
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby Leskay » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 am

Thank you verry much. :thumbup:
Leskay

Postby kylereu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:59 am

I had this happen to me once when I used to use the magma. Hopefully yours fares better then mine did in the end. Mine never made it back from this. I heard from AB on here that they are working to seal the autos so that this does not kill the autos any more. I hope that I am remembering right and that I am not telling you the wrong thing. Maybe geekers can back me up here on this one, or knock me back down :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_221512551211656
Vaper's Island Zombie Free since June 3 2011

kylereu
Volcano Legend

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:01 am

Well its not actually sealing them, then need to be open for the switch to work, but they are being redesigned to make it really hard to flood and kill.

I got some of the new designed batts at VF as well as got to see and use the new 510 tankos, they are great.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby kylereu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:08 am

Artist Boy wrote:Well its not actually sealing them, then need to be open for the switch to work, but they are being redesigned to make it really hard to flood and kill.

I got some of the new designed batts at VF as well as got to see and use the new 510 tankos, they are great.

Thanks AB, I will remember that for next time that I refer to this. Thankyou for the clarification. :thumbup:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_221512551211656
Vaper's Island Zombie Free since June 3 2011

kylereu
Volcano Legend

Postby BroknAngel » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 pm

This is not a sponsored method, but I was constantly flooding my Magma before I got the hang of it and didn't want to buy battery after battery.

To Clean an Auto Batt
WARNING THIS WILL PROBABLY VOID THE WARRANTY ON YOUR BATTERY
But I have used it several times and have had no problems with batteries exploding or shorting, so use with caution.

1. Drain Battery by gently blowing through the LED side. Don't blow continuously, but in puffs that would be no longer than a regular pull as if you were vaping. Then set battery upright to drain onto a paper towel to get any stubborn globs to drain away.

2. Test batt. Is it still sticking? If it isn't then you're done, if it is then go to step 3

3. Fill a small container (the caps of water bottles are great...flat not sport cap) with vodka or other grain type alcohol. Do not fill completely, just deep enough to barely enter the auto batt's preassure hole and a little bit more.

4. allow batt to sit for a second or two, then swish gently and pat out onto paper towel used step 1. Repeat a few times, then once again blow gently from the LED side and pat dry. This part is where good judgement needs to be used. You can only get something so clean...don't obssess. A couple dunkings and then clear, more than that and you are risking more harm to your batt and probably not do much good.

5. Allow to dry over night. Leave your batt upright on a towel. Do not test to see if it is working yet, because we just intentionally flooded places that should not be flooded, and we don't want to short the battery or cause it any harm. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHARGE for several hours.

6. Test battery the next day. Blow gently through the LED side for a second to clear any alcohol fumes from the battery, then connect to an atty and see if the battery is "unstuck" and lights easily.

Your battery should be in working order again. If it is still not operating properly, buy a new one, don't mess around with a battery that just won't cooperate. It's not worth the time. Like I said before, I've used this message several times with no problems to my batteries.

I've brought back batteries that would not fire at all with this method. I've been maintaining mine and my GF's equipment since we started vaping, and let me tell you she was very hard on the autos. Hell, I wasn't very good on them either when I switched from carts to dripping.

This is not the recognized/blessed method, but it works. As with any mod/procedure not authorized by Volcano, you run the risk of voiding your warranty. But, the way I see it, if you were going to trash the battery anyway, why care if the warranty is voided? :ugeek: :thumbup:
BroknAngel
Volcano Menehune

Return to Tutorials and Helpful Videos