It is currently Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:28 am

Clearomizer Cleaning and Filling

You might just find your answer here!

Clearomizer Cleaning and Filling

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Another great set of videos made by Shado showing how to clean the new Clearos and how to fill them. So if you ever had any question on how to do this take a look.

Part 1:

Part 2:

"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Re: Clearomizer Cleaning and Filling

Postby blockhead » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:17 pm

so after watching this power flush video, i went out to wal-greens and got an oral syringe with a bottle adapter, witch was suprisingly a perfect fit insted of the cart condom, and it all worked perfectly. when it came time for the dry burn, things were a bit nerving. as it took a long time and alot of bad smelling vapor to get the coil to glow. every time i looked at the results after the burn i kept thinking "this can't be good, everything is going to taste nasty, the wick must be scorched by now" but i stuck with it. before i knew it i was vaping with no ill effects. great flavor, TH was great, just like new. great instructional video. i would be a far less happier vapor without this forum. thanks shado, you da man!
blockhead
Volcano Menehune

Postby rdwilliamson » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:38 pm

^^^^That is exactly what I use. The bottle adapter works great!
ImageImage
rdwilliamson
Magma God

Postby geekdgirl » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:44 pm

My bottle adapter did not fit...
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby rdwilliamson » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Really...I haven't had any problems with mine.

I bought mine from wallyworld though. Maybe they are different.
ImageImage
rdwilliamson
Magma God

Postby Shadow Rhelm » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 pm

I have also used a bottle adapter and it did indeed work, you need to make sure you get a smaller one for like childrens bottles. You can actually get these for free at almost any pharmacy. I know Walgreens gives them to me for free all the time when I tell them they are for my kids medicine bottles.

I however prefer the carto condom method over the bottle adapter. I struggle with it less and it is less bulkier. This allows me to just get it done much faster.

'Be the change you want to see happen.' Mahatma Ghandi

Shadow Rhelm
Customer Service Rep

Postby xtremecanefan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 am

I love to drip at home, but it is difficult to have to drip when on the go. I have heard a lot of good things about these carto/clearomizers and must say, after watching these videos I must give them a try. I love using all of my juices and these will be perfect for taking with me places. Tanks Shado! And thank you Volcano for all the amazing products...now take my money!
xtremecanefan
Volcano Menehune

Postby geekdgirl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 am

The cartos are a great alternative to dripping and driving, in my opinion...I keep some filled and that's what I use when I'm in the car...drip at home...and during the workday, primarily...
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby aaron_mcfarland » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Great video, and I am so glad you did away with the PTB mod, would not have looked as cool anyhow.
I have found a little trick to help with replacing that pesky inner seal.
1. Find a screw just slightly smaller than the tube diameter.
2. Insert the inner seal just inside the tube, lining up the holes properly.
3. slowly press the seal down with the screw head, applying pressure gently around the ring until fully seated.

The one question I had, was what did you use to enlarge the wick notches? I could see that if you dont line them up exactly it would restrict the wicking properties, which might explain my issues with the other cartos. I suppose a small pair of sharp medical scissors?
aaron_mcfarland
Volcano Menehune

Postby rdwilliamson » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 pm

I believe he just notched them out with small scissors.

The screwdriver idea is great.

I use a q-tip to push the seal back in, it serves a double duty to help soak up any overflow.
ImageImage
rdwilliamson
Magma God

Next

Return to Tutorials and Helpful Videos