It is currently Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:34 am

clearomizer mod

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

clearomizer mod

Postby drakahn99 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:46 pm

ordered some clearomizers for use in my tube tank, turns out the 2 aren't compatible because the clear tube on the clearomizer is too big.

what i did was pop off a steel tube from an tube tank cartomizer using a cordless drill and a bench vice. then took the guts of the clearomizer,using the bench vice to seat the 510 connection into the steel tube. works however the only issue in doing this is seeing if i have filled the clearomizer.

bonus in this is that their is no need to punch the clear tube

wonder why volcano don't offer something similar for the tube tank.

also thinking about cutting out the sides of the steel tube to provide better flow of liquid and to let the wick directly contact the fluid in the tube tank, rather than rely on the small hole to fill the inside tube.
drakahn99
Volcano Menehune

Re: clearomizer mod

Postby JSmith926 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:53 pm

ive seen this done before and it can work okay, but for me it is too much work vs the performance on just a standard carto / tank setup.. if it works well for you and you like it experiment and let the forum know what you have done... even add photos so we can see your work
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Return to Tips and Tricks