It is currently Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Ejuice supplier & flavor reviews: part 3

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Ejuice supplier & flavor reviews: part 3

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Post your review and only your review of any juice and/or vendor here.

This is part 3 of this, the last 2 had gotten long and off topic, so they are now closed, there are still there to be read just not posted on.

This thread now has one rule that the others didn't Reviews only.

If you have a comment or question for a person about their review, please use the PM system. any posts on this thread that are not juice/vendor reviews will be removed.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Re: Ejuice supplier & flavor reviews: part 3

Postby ~Mary23 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Gourmet Vapor dot com: fast affordable shipping, good prices, huge selection, custom flavors available

Andys Mint 12mg 60/40: taste 3/5, vapor 5/5
Comments: very thick, chocolate takes a while to come through. Order again? no. Color? light brown

Creamy Mint 12mg 60/40: taste 4.5/5, vapor 5/5
Comments: very thick, nice creamy flavor. Order again? yes Color? light orange

Malibu Coladilicious 12mg 60/40: taste 4.5/5, vapor 5/5
Comments: very thick - prefer the 80/20 blend for flavor. Order again? yes Color? clear

Minty Watermelon Fluff 12mg 60/40: taste 4.5/5, vapor 5/5
Comments: very thick. Order again? yes Color? dark pink

Conclusion: None of the 60/40 blends are suitable for tank use, they do not seem to thin the VG. Dripping on a regular Magma or Volcano atty works well. Throat Hit not evaluated. All mint flavors are mint and not menthol.

For further descriptions of each flavor, please visit the Gourmet Vapor website. For questions and comments, please PM me. Please know that these are my personal observations. Your tastes and experiences may vary.
Last edited by ~Mary23 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are two sides to reality. There is what is, and there is what people believe.
Seldom are they exactly the same."
-L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
~Mary23
Volcano Legend

Postby ~Mary23 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Obsidian Vapor dot com: fast affordable shipping, good prices, small selection

Bavarian Cream 8mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 4/5, vapor 4/5
Comments: none. Order again? yes. Color? reddish brown

Caramel Candied Apple 8mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 2/5, vapor 4/5
Comments: tastes good on inhale, odd flavor on exhale. Order again? no. Color? light orange

Leesa's S&C 8mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 5/5, vapor 4/5
Comments: sweet and tart in perfect combination. Order again? yes Color? very light orange

Peppermint Patty 8mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 5/5, vapor 5/5
Comments: perfect combination of dark chocolate and mint (not menthol) Excellent on LR Magma atty. Order again? yes Color? light orange

Toffee 8mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 2/5, vapor 4/5
Comments: in my opinion it needs chocolate or something extra. Order again? no Color? yellow

Tutti Fruitti 8mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 3/5, vapor 4/5
Comments: none. Order again? no Color? clear

Conclusion: Because the PG/VG ratio is unknown, I hesitate to use these for tank use. Dripping on a regular Magma or Volcano atty works well. Throat Hit not evaluated.

For further descriptions of each flavor, please visit the Obsidian Vapor website. For questions and comments, please PM me. Please know that these are my personal observations. Your tastes and experiences may vary.
"There are two sides to reality. There is what is, and there is what people believe.
Seldom are they exactly the same."
-L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
~Mary23
Volcano Legend

Postby mrs.brokewinger » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Obsidian Vapor.com

All the liquids I ordered are 0 or 8 mg of nic so I'm not going to comment on TH other than to say that with the 0 mg there is little to none and with the 8 mg there is a surprising amount of it; nice, solid, easily felt but not likely enough for those who need massive TH. A nice tickle like smoking a light analog.

I believe all the juices are 80/20 pg/vg but I can't find anything on the site to confirm this. Mine are all clear to pale yellow, likely because of the low nic. All are about the same viscosity as Volcano liquid -- not runny but not thick.

I just got these this morning and have vaped like 8 ml already. They're damned good right out of the box and, I believe, will be outstanding in a week.

Service was excellent. I ordered Tuesday afternoon/evening and had the shipping info hours later, received it this (Thursday) morning so the juices are exceptionally fresh right now. E.E. also included a nice little hand written thank you and personalized note on my receipt, which goes a long way with me. It's a really nice touch!

Leesa's Sex & Candy: 0 mg, a sweet tart flavor that is a bit sweeter than it is tart -- perfect, I think, as it doesn't leave you feeling like your tongue is being sloughed off by sour but has a nice pucker and a nice, lingering sweetness on the exhale. Vapor production is good. Flavor 4/5 Vapor 4/5

Bavarian Cream: 0 mg, a creamy, sweet, custardy sort of flavor that is not overly sweet or overly vanilla. I like this one a lot and think it's going to be mouthwatering in a few days. It produces a nice, thick but airy vapor that smells amazing. I could easily see this being a regular in my rotation. Flavor 4/5 Vapor 5/5

Peppermint Patty: 8 mg, a fantastic chocolate peppermint, though I think the chocolate is still maturing and the peppermint will tone down in a couple days. Right now it tastes, to me, EXACTLY like the york peppermint patty m&m things. They call them something else but they're basically candy shell coated peppermint patties. Very nice, very rich, leaves a full, heavy feeling in the mouth and produces a rich, thick vapor. My favorite so far. Very, very nice. Vapor on this one also smells amazing. Even my son was sniffing around my desk, asking what that was that smelled so good. TH is quite nice for a low nic, perfect for me Flavor 5/5 Vapor 5/5

Obsidian Toffee: 8 mg, a really nice, buttery, creamy, brown sugar, caramel toffee goodness. I'm not sure if this one is supposed to be a chocolate toffee or a plain toffee. I can't really taste chocolate but I do taste it to be a bit darker, with something that keeps it from being cloyingly sweet like toffee can be. I am having to force myself to save some of this because I think it's going to be extraordinary in a week. TH is minimal, a nice little tickle that is still smooth. Vapor is about average for an 80/20 juice. Better when the atty gets warm than when it's cold. Flavor 4/5, sure to be 5/5 after some aging. Vapor 4/5

Blackhawk Bubblegum 8 mg, not quite what I expected. I'm going to let this one sit a bit because, right now, it tastes like watermelon gum where I was expecting bazooka or the stuff that came in packs of baseball cards. A nice flavor, sweet and lightly fruity, but I want to see if it smooths out and turns more into what I expected. TH is decent, like a light or ultra light analog. Flavor 3/5 Vapor 4/5

Parker Pineapple 8 mg, a fantastic pineapple. Very much like pineapple juice or a pineapple slushie. Slightly tart, not a super sweet vape, as pineapple should be. I like it! It even leaves my tongue feeling like I ate pineapple. The inhale brings a hit of pucker up, the exhale has a fruity, pineapple sweetness to it that is thick and puffy and wonderful. TH is a bit more noticeable on this one, probably because of the tartness. Flavor 5/5 Vapor 5/5

I tested these all in mega clearos on Inferno set ups. The fruity ones tasted best to me on the first two or three toots, when they were still slightly cool while the sweeter, dessert types tasted better to me warmer, after many vapes, when the vapor was thick and warm from inhale to exhale.

All are definitely better when your batteries are full charged. :D

I'll definitely be ordering from OBV again. In fact, I may run out of Peppermint Patty before I can physically get anymore shipped to me! OH NO!
Carrie Ann

Way too much coffee. But if it weren't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever. ~David Letterman

mrs.brokewinger
Volcano Menehune

Postby geekdgirl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:05 am

Obsidian Vapor Company

RY4- 8mg - This flavor has a small amount of menthol that, for me, wound up being the dominant flavor. When it first arrived, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. I let it sit for 2 weeks and it did fill out. There was a light flavor to the juice, pleasant and warm. I still tended to notice the menthol (but it may be just that I'm prone to noticing that particular flavor). I finished off the bottle last night. I had been vaping it on a standard magma and then did a lot of the vaping on the LR magma. Overall, probably not my favorite RY4 ever but a great juice for the price. Produced good amounts of vapor and flavor. The speed of the order was mind-blowing. I ordered late and got the shipping notice about 2 hours later. I'm pretty sure my order was placed on a Friday and on Monday, the package was at my house. The service is outstanding and a discount code was included on the invoice. Flavor 3.5/5 Vapor 5/5
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby zodiac » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:25 pm

as a 1 week vaper i'll give this a go, i'll skip the volcano blue water punch juice i got as i'm sure it's been talked about here already. i'm also stealing mary's format since i like it :D

diyflavorshack.com: fast affordable shipping, good prices, large selection

khalua and Cream: Nic: 26mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 4/5, vapor 3.5/5
Comments: light mocha taste, very smooth throat hit. Order again? yes. Color? dark brown

Blueberry cheesecake: Nic: 26mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 5/5, vapor 4/5
Comments: tastes great, this is almost like eating a piece of cheesecake the flavor is so spot on. Order again? Yes. Color? clear

tobacco: Nic: 26mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 4/5, vapor 4/5
Comments: sweet taste, can only compare it to how a hand rolled cigar smells(before being smoked) Order again? yes Color? light orange

cranberry apple:Nic: 26mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 3/5, vapor 3/5
Comments: very mild apple flavor, can just barely taste the cranberry. have been mixing it with others to make it better. Order again? no Color? clear

Tigars blood: Nic: 0mg unknown PG/VG ratio: taste 4/5, vapor 4/5
Comments: this was a small sample that dawn threw in the order. it has a distinct bubblegum-ish taste to it and is good alone although i prefer it mixed with the tobacco flavor to really make it great. Order again? yes Color? pinkish red

all in all i am very satisfied with the speed that my order was processed(ordered fri 01APR and recieved 04APR) and with the products. will definitely use diyflavorshack again.
"No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. however, a large number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced."
zodiac
Volcano Menehune

Postby Rattlehead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:06 am

WOW! I know I have been using that term a lot lately (never so much in my life!) but
DAWNS juice at DIY Flavorshack is awsome! Not noly do I love the "OLD WEST" + "Hilton" tobacco flavors, she upgraded my order to 10 ml! AND threw in some free stuff (always love free stuff!).
I think between Volcano, and Dawn's I won't ever need to shop antwhere else! :mrgreen:
...............nobody said it was a pretty world but its the price we pay son. Live hard, Vape free. -Shred (touche!)
Rattlehead
Volcano God

Postby AndiPandi62287 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 am

I'm new to vaping so i only have experience Volcano juice (and they are awesome. no need to reveiw!) and...

Strictly Ejuice
(Cheap prices, decent shipping)

Pineapple
16-18mg
Taste 4/5, Vapor 4/5
Comment- Not bad. Taste just like dried pineapple to me.

Carmel Apple
16-18mg
Taste 1.5/5, Vapor 4/5
Comment- Not very good at all. Taste more like beer to me. I love my beer but i DON'T want to vape it!

Kiwi Strawberry
16-18mg
Taste 3.5/5, Vapor 4/5
Comment- Doesn't taste anything like kiwi or strawberry and it kind of has a funny after taste

Kona Coffee Banana
8mg
Taste 4.5/5, Vapor 3.5/5
Comment- i only gave the taste a 4.5 because i really don't taste the banana, but either way this one is my favorite out of the four in the review.
AndiPandi62287
Volcano Menehune

Postby mulkeyOWNS » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:36 am

I just ordered about 20 different flavors from vaporbomb.com. I will be posting the reviews up here momentarily, as soon as they arrive. The only thing i know now? Good shipping prices, good selection of novelty e-liquids, can't wait for it to get here.
I rock. 'Nuff said. :think:
mulkeyOWNS
Magma God

Postby monarch79 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:55 am

OBSIDIAN VAPOR COMPANY

BAVARIAN CREAM
I used to really dig vanilla, but after vaping for a while, it's just too sweet for me. So my search to find a good vape with my morning coffee has led me to Bavarian Cream. Just the right amount of sweetness, a little bit of a caramelized flavor (like a crem brulee) and very smooth. Medium TH
- 4 of 5 -

5 PENNY MENTHOL
In the time I was out of gourmet juice, I was mainly vaping my stockpile of BWP with a heavy menthol added, and it grew on me quickly. So when I saw the 5 Penny, I was intrigued. A fruit base with menthol, sign me up! The menthol is fairly strong, but not overpowering (I prefer overpowering), and the fruity element is kind of hard to lay a finger on... Kind of like a tart Fruit Loop? High TH
- 4 of 5 -

LEESA'S SEX AND CANDY
Who's that lounging in my chair, mmm hmm... This tastes amazingly like a sweet tart! But much more on the sweet side. Upon request, Obsidian will throw in a bottle of 'liquid pucker' to kick it to the sour side, and you can add as much as you like. I put the whole bottle in, which was about 5 drops per ml. Now that's a Sweet Tart! Low TH
- 4 of 5 -

OBSIDIAN WHITE
This is a mystery flavor, so... I'm not gonna tell you what it tastes like! I figured that since I was placing on order with Obsidian, it was part of the journey to order the mystery flavor, so I did. And so should you! It does taste alot like another flavor I reviewed here, but with a twist. That's all I'm sayin. Not sure what to think of it yet, but once I pinpoint the flavor better I'm sure I will like it more. My brain just works that way. Medium TH
- 2 of 5 -

I was very pleased with Obsidian's juice, a great deal at 50¢ a ml! Amazing processing and shipping time, I ordered it on the 12th, and received it on the 14th! Their PG/VG ratio is a 'secret' mix that is "more than 0% VG, and less than 20% VG" so it's safe to use in your tankos. They threw in a freebie that didn't make it onto the review, because it's an 18mg, and I usually vape around 6mg... I'm saving it for a hard day, when I want a nice kick in the head! However it is Watermelon, which is my favorite vape flavor of all time, how did they know? Kismet. The juice came in standard 10ml bottles, in a zip lock, wrapped in bubble wrap, in a Priority Mail box.

Thanks for reading, and try every juice you can get... Just don't smoke!
monarch79
Magma God

Next

Return to Tips and Tricks