It is currently Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:39 am

Ejuice supplier & flavor reviews

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Ejuice supplier & flavor reviews

Postby Arclight » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:57 am

I know that a bunch of us are already ordering juice from places all over the internet...So I just thought we could have one thread where we can review these places, and the offerings that they have/we have tried.

review away!!
Arclight
Volcano Legend

Re: Ejuice supplier & flavor reviews

Postby Arclight » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:23 am

So far I have only ordered juice from eliquidplanet.com

Price: [A+] from what I have seen on the net, it is competitive, with the volcano discount now, it is one of the best values out there

Selection: [A] They offer a large selection of flavors, bottle sizes, nic strengths, and offer both PG and VG juices

Shipping: [A+] They ship from NY state so it has been all of 3 days for each of my 2 orders placed with them!

Juices: What I have tried....

USA Blend - a Marb type tobaco, slightly sweet, but I prefer it to the stock tobacco carts in terms of taste
    Menthol - Like the menthol carts it is a bit too minty for me and I was a menthol smoker. Works well when combined with the USA blend to temper it a bit
    Rum - Did not think that I would like this as I RARELY drink anymore, but it actually is quite nice. Full flavor without the alcohol burn :D Quite tasty and a favorite!
    Coffee - I am still looking for a coffee that actually tastes like coffee. This one, like the stock carts, is too sweet and not enough of that coffee flavor. This I know, as I drink coffee non stop pretty much all day, every day.
    Mocha - nice even flavor, not overpowering sweet with a hint of chocolate on the finish
    Coca-Cola - definitely cola taste, but a little on the sweet side, more like pepsi if anything LOL!
    Dr. P - Suprisingly similar to actual Dr. Pepper. Again, a bit sweet but a good vape for a soda flavor
    RY4 - So far, this is my fav! A slightly sweet tobacco hint with a touch of caramel. I had read people raving about this flavor, and they were right! It is good
    Green Tea - Not a tea drinker, but this one does actually taste like tea to me (and my uneducated tea pallate). The lady likes this one
    Blueberry - Honestly, this one scared me at first. I assumed it would be over the top sweet and over the top blueberry-ish candy, but it is not. The blueberry is nice and subtle and i actually enjoyed this one

This week I plan on ordering some from DIYFlavorshack per Thel's suggestions and raves. I am looking forward to those!
Last edited by Arclight on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arclight
Volcano Legend

Postby Thelvyn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:37 am

arclight wrote:This week I plan on ordering some from DIYFlavorshack per Thel's suggestions and raves. I am looking forward to those!

Email or call them and tell them Crazy Jason from Las Vegas said you had to buy Dawn's juices because they were the best in the world.

:::
Oh jeeze, flavor review time? Hohummm. This may take awhile. I'll go with my small box rather than my uhmm... 'supply' haha. I've ordered from to many places, so I'll just list where each flavor came from.

Camel : Electronic Cigarettes of Houston - This has a nutty / Turkishy taste to it. I didn't care for it all that much, but it's not all bad. Not sure how to describe it, it's nutty with a slight hint of sweetness behind it. So if you're looking for a not so sweet tobacco flavor, give camel a twirl.

555 : Electronic CIgarettes of Houston - Very nutty. This is a very very nutty flavor, like mixed nuts. I like the flavor myself, and it's my tobacco flavor of choice when I don't want the sweet tobacco taste. This isn't sweet at all, to me. Just a powerful nutty flavor.

Marlboro : The House of Vapor - A sweet tobacco flavor. You've described the stock Tobacco Volcano cartridges as a sweeter tobacco flavor, that's what this is here. I personally like it more than the stock cartridge taste, it has more than just a sweetness to it for me, it just leaves a nice taste in my mouth after the initial sweetness. It's my vape everywhere/anywhere/all day juice, something that you just can't really get tired of. It tastes great.

Flue-cured : E Liquid Planet - This stuff is smooth, mellow, with a slightly sweet under flavor. It's a really good all day vape. It's not over powering in flavor at all. It reminds me of my Marlboro, but much less sweet. It's a nice mellow tobacco flavor with just a little sweet behind it.

Turkish Blend : Rocky Mountain Vapor - This is the "camel" flavor that I said vapes like wet socks. I can't taste anything behind the just overpowering blahness. I mean I could go get one of my socks, get it soaking wet and chew on it, and it would taste the same as this stuff to me. I can't give anything more on this since I gave it a go for a good day and a half and still just hate it with a passion.

DIY Flavor Shack Flavors:
Watermelon - OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD!~ Words can not describe this flavor, but I'll try anyways. It is watermelon. It -IS- Watermelon. I mean, that's all there is to it, it's soooooooooo tastey. I LOVE watermelons, and this tastes like I just shoved a huge piece of watermelon into my mouth and am sucking on it. It's so good. It smells like watermelon, it tastes like watermelon, and it vapes beautifully.
If you like watermelon, you want this juice.

Thin Mints - This juice tastes like I went to the store, clubbed a girl scout, and made thin mint cookies out of her. What, you mean girl scout cookies AREN'T made with real girl scouts?.. Whoopsie....
It's very minty, but not so minty it makes your eyes water. And it's so strange you can almost taste the chocolate and mint together even though it's just vapor. It's a really good flavor, and will be even more so if you actually like Thin Mint cookies. I personally HAAAAAAAATE Thin Mints, and I hate chocolate mint things too like at the hotels. But somehow I actually enjoy this flavor quite a bit. It's a great desert flavor, I use it for after dinner or something, as an all day vape it's way to much for me.
One thing to point out with this flavor: It is a strong flavor, it will completely dominate your atomizer until you clean it out fully. So just keep that in mind before you go dipping/dripping/shoving a cart on your atomizer of Thin Mint.

Redbull - This stuff smells and tastes like a Redbull. I don't care for Redbull drinks at all. In fact I hate them very very much. But again Dawn owns the flavor world and somehow I rather enjoy this Redbull flavor. It's a lot like the Coke/Dr. Pepper flavors, it's a nice soda-pop feel to it. But it's definately a Redbull. If you know what a Redbull tastes like, then you know how this stuff tastes.

Dunhill - This is another name for "Camel" and this camel is leaps and bounds above the other stuff I had. It's a nice mildly nutty / spiced tobacco taste. It's quite enjoyable, and vapes pretty smoothly, even at 24mg nicotine. I really prefer this flavor over my other Camel flavors, but if I'm seeking a reckless throat hit, I go with the Houston Camel as it's a more "harsh" flavor. When I'm kicking back at 1am watching a movie or something, this stuff is just perfect because of the mellow kick to it.

Tobacco - A sweet tasting Tobacco. I love Dawn's flavors, but this one, personally, I can't taste a difference in between my marlboro juice. To me it tastes identical, and I can swap out between them and never notice. It's the same to me. I enjoy it because it's sweet, but not so overpoweringly sweet that it makes you ill.

:::

That's all for now, I'll start digging through my stock box and try to pull up some more.
And also, if you think I'm biased to the DIY Flavor Shack, while they are just amazing juices, if I do come across some flavors of her that just make me want to vomit. I will honestly tell you guys.

I believe in completely un-biased reviews on anything and everything, and understand that a flavor I personally like, may not be a flavor you personally like. This is mainly for you guys to get an idea of what these flavors are like without having to buy a 3ml bottle or something.
You know if you hate nuts, you're most likely not going to like 555.
If you hate that sweet tobacco taste, you're most likely not going to like the Marlboro/Tobacco.

I do support the DIY Flavor Shack, because all their stuff is made by hand, when ordered, and shipped out fresh. On top of doing custom mixes of flavors if you just ask.
It's good customer service, and Dawn and George are the nicest people around, and love to help their customers. That's just good customer service, and an actual care for people beyond turning a buck from them.

You know who else does that stuff? And also gets my praise everywhere I go?
Yeah, Volcano.
And I love Volcano, I love the company, I love that they care more than about turning a buck off us. I love that they listen to us for ideas since we're the ones buying things, they understand we know what we're after, lol.

But love or not, if there's a bad product from DIY Flavor Shack, or even Volcano. I will tell you all honestly and openly ban-hammer or no ban-hammer.
-Pyroclastic Ash
Thelvyn
Volcano God

Postby JBL_64 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:09 am

So I just ordered up some liquid and started with a couple 6ml bottles to sample different flavors before I commit to a larger batch.

What I'm wondering is how many drops can a volcano cart hold and do any of you liquid pros have an estimate of how may carts I would be able to fill with a 6ml bottle? I plan on cleaning, PTBing, and then topping off carts for ease of use (unless you have other suggestions).

Thanks,
JBL_64

JBL_64
Volcano Menehune

Postby Arclight » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:34 pm

jbl-

with a PTB modded volcano cart, i can get 12-16 drop per cart.
i have all 6ml bottles and have yet to get halfway thru one. i would say minimum 20-30 cart per btl. Thel can prolly verify this, or be more exact
Arclight
Volcano Legend

Postby Thelvyn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:49 pm

arclight wrote:jbl-

i have all 6ml bottles and have yet to get halfway thru one. i would say minimum 20-30 cart per btl. Thel can prolly verify this, or be more exact

That seems a decent number to guess.

I've never actually counted how many drops I get out of a 6ml bottle. I do know unless you are vaping 24/7 non stop. a 6ml bottle of a flavor will last you for long enough to feel you got well worth your money out of it.

It seems weird that such a tiny bottle of juice could last awhile, 6ml isn't a lot.
But considering you only use a drop at a time, that 6ml becomes much larger than most think.

I've got a number of 6ml bottles, including my watermelon flavor that I vape constantly.
And it's been bout 2 weeks with that bottle now and it's only half empty.

Everyone vapes different amounts, I have a friend here in Vegas who's been vaping 5 months now, and he's using 18-27mg juices, and he vapes 90ml of juice a month

Then here I am, using 18-27mg juice, and I've not used up a single bottle of juice yet.
And while yes I have a ton of juice, I only use certain flavors consistently. Watermelon being one of them.

Get a sampler pack from somewhere that has a few different bottles in it, and you'll be surprised at how long they last you.
-Pyroclastic Ash
Thelvyn
Volcano God

Postby The Frogstar » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:24 pm

Just ordered my first batch of juice, hopefully I'll get it soon and review it!
The Frogstar
Volcano Ali'i

Vapor4Life: Camel, Green Apple, French Pipe & Peach

Postby Viv Savage » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:28 am

First of all, great idea starting this thread, Arclight. And please let me know when you find your favorite coffee liquid! I still haven't tried my Cherry Lava Volcano carts yet (and I never ordered Menthol), so excluding those two, Kona Coffee is definitely my favorite Volcano flavor. Meanwhile, I'll be getting to the Coffee and Cappuccino liquids I ordered from Vapor4Life in the very near future. Oh, and thanks for "seconding" my "micro bottle" post - seriously, how cool would that be??

Anyway, all you juice-lovin' Vapers, speaking of Vapor4Life, I recently ordered a bunch of juice from them, and since I reviewed my first two flavors - Camel and Green Apple in another (dipping) thread, here it is again as a recap... followed by my new review of French Pipe and Peach.

Viv Savage wrote:WOW... I concur... dipping is definitely the way to go when vaping at home! As long as I have juice, I don't see myself ever using pre-filled carts at home again. Like Thelvyn said, you absolutely get more consistent vapor production from this method... and it's so easy! I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone!

I was very excited to finally receive my first order of juice this past Friday from Vapor4Life. Since this was my first order, I basically assembled my own "sampler pack" as I only purchased 5ml bottles ($3.50/each... a good deal, as far as I can tell). I bought: Camel, French Pipe, Cappuccino, Cola, Peach, Lemon Meringue, Apple, and Grape... oh, all with zero nicotine (which, from what I understand, definitely affects the taste and vapor).

I'm using a contact lens case for dipping, so I picked two flavors to start: Camel and Green Apple. I already had two extra atomizers on hand, so I decided to utilize both for dipping, so I always have two flavors ready to choose from, which I am finding to be a great idea... I am also keeping two attys with two flavors at the ready in my V-Pack, too (currently Kona Coffee & Pineapple Punch)... having both a tobacco/coffee flavor and a sweet fruit flavor available just about covers it all for me :)

I've been vaping with both for a couple of days now, so any "breaking in after taste" from the new atomizers should be gone. So here are my reviews of my first two juices...

First, Camel. I smoked Camel Lights for most of my 20+ years as a smoker, so I just had to give this a try. It's funny, I haven't smoked a cigarette in over two months now, so (1) I don't even know how accurate my "taste memory" of analogs is at this point, and (2) why I'm even trying to "hold on" to the flavor of tobacco! Well, okay, I kinda do... in my mind, it still seems to go well with certain tastes... like coffee (although Kona Coffee is one of my favorite vapes, so that's irrelevant now), but especially beer and scotch :twisted: . Anyway, I'm just damn curious if there's a genuine tobacco flavor out there! (although finding one with zero nicotine might be even more difficult)

Oh, and my experience with the Volcano Tobacco flavor cartridges has been interesting, too. That was my very first vaping experience, and coming right on the heels of smoking Camel Lights, it just seemed SO light! It was like smoking an ultra-ultra-light to me. And the flavor was entirely different, too... as most people describe, it's a sweeter tobacco flavor. Well, after trying several other flavors - and the passing of several weeks - I revisited my Volcano Tobacco carts, and really liked them! Not only did that sweeter tobacco flavor seem so much more pleasant than what I remembered from my analogs, but having become totally acclimated to vaping, it didn't seem nearly as light as when I first tried it.

But I digress... I still had to try Camel eliquid (I refuse to say "Camel juice"! :lol: ) Well, this was definitely a stronger, more cigarette-like tobacco flavor... so it kinda delivered on that front. But, even though it's been two months, it's not reminiscent of my Camel Lights (or even Camel Filters, for that matter). I know Thelvyn hated the Camel eliquid he bought... I don't think I was as disgusted as he was with his batch, as I will probably at least use up whatever is left in my contact lens case... but I don't know if I'll use any more from the bottle... and at this point I don't plan on buying this flavor again.

Meanwhile, I will probably try the French Pipe flavor next and see what that's like. If I don't like that one, I doubt I will pursue any more tobacco flavors at all... which is probably for the best anyway!

Next, Green Apple. This is delicious!! :P If this had any nicotine in it, I would probably have overdosed by now :mrgreen: because once I start, I can't put it down! I don't know if it's necessarily as "mind-blowing" as Thelvyn's watermelon (I think?) juice, but it's damn good, and if you like apple flavor, I highly recommend it! I still haven't tried Volcano's Cherry Lava, but I do like their Pineapple Punch a lot... but dipping with this Green Apple flavored juice is simply a vastly superior vaping experience!

Oh, and lastly - as these reviews were solely based on flavor - I don't know if the flavors have anything to do with it, but in terms of pure vapor production, the Camel liquid produced a ton of vapor... significantly more than the Green Apple. I'm not sure why this is.

I hope this was helpful, and I will try to follow up with reviews of the other flavors, too. And if any of you are thinking of trying juice for the first time, I do think it's a good idea to buy small 5ml bottles first before jumping in with 10ml or 30ml bottles... as Forrest Gump said, "you never know what you're gonna get"! :o

Happy Dipping!! :D

Now, two more reviews:

French Pipe: I liked this one. I've only tried 2 other tobacco flavors at this point - Volcano's Tobacco carts and V4L's Camel (reviewed above) - and so far, this is my favorite. I already made it pretty clear that I'm not touching that Camel stuff again. As I also mentioned above, Volcano's Tobacco did grow on me, and this French Pipe flavor had a similar sweetness to it, but it was just a tad stronger and tasted a bit more like tobacco to me. I definitely enjoyed this one with my morning coffee, and can also see taking it out as an accompaniment with alcohol, be it beer, wine, or scotch. I'm still curious about RY4... I don't know much about it, but I hear it has a caramel flavor, which appeals to me... but other than that, I'm kinda reticent to continue trying tobacco flavors, so this one may very well be my last try and therefore my standard.

Peach: This was pleasant enough... I mean, the flavor was fine... but it was way too weak. I think Peach needs to have some punch! ...and this didn't even nudge me. I'll use up what I have because the taste is fine... but ultimately it was disappointing and I won't be ordering any more. I'm a little bummed because I really anticipated it being a refreshing, tasty flavor to have.
Viv Savage
Volcano God

Postby JBL_64 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:47 am

arclight wrote:jbl-

Thanks arclight!
JBL_64

JBL_64
Volcano Menehune

Postby Arclight » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:57 am

No problem ;)

I have 13 more flavors coming from 3 different vendors, so i will have some more reviews in here this week!
Arclight
Volcano Legend

Next

Return to Tips and Tricks