It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Hawaii Call to Action {WE WON!!!!}

A place to find and post alerts about events that need the communities help.

Hawaii Call to Action

Postby Jagellpuff » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 pm

I am there in spirit! Wish I could afford to fly there in person, as I fear my state or others will be next!

Jeff "Jagellpuff" via iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff "Jagellpuff"
Jagellpuff
Magma God

Re: Hawaii Call to Action

Postby tjs » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Testimony, Signed, Sealed and Delivered.
Orignal Version Long Winded, but here is some excerpts...

Testimony Regarding SB2819
RELATING TO SALES OF ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES

Dear Elected Officials,

Hello and please consider the following on sales of electronic cigarette products. Without going into a lengthy discussion on the pros and cons of electronic cigarettes or E-Cigs I would like to submit the following for your consideration in passing this or any related bill to the use and sale of these products.

Tobacco use has been on a steady decline because of these types of products. The industry has seen many changes to the way Americans smoke or chooses not to smoke. The health benefits of quitting are obvious and the public should have the choice to use these safer than cigarette type products if they wish. By levying such a bill this would put the cost of E-Cigs much out of the reach of people who have had success in decreasing and stopping the use of regular cigarette products. The E-Cig is an electronic device NOT a Tobacco product. Fair taxation on the e cigarette should be that of any electronic device. Being the electronic cigarette contains no Tobacco how can you justify the 70% taxation rate? Do you tax a room vaporizer at 70%? It is the same principle of operation and you breathe that also. Some people even use the room vaporizer in their infants and children’s room with additives.

The electronic cigarette is as safe as the vaporizer and most times safer. With company’s such as Volcano in Hawaii is leading the front on quality control and safer packaging not because they have too but because they are proactive with safety. Minors are not served and strict rules of engagement are enforced. This company along with many other E-Cig companies take the extra steps to insure a safe and quality non tobacco alternative is available.
Insane taxation will only hurt all in the end. Lower or No sales, No Employees, and guess what less tax revenue form the electronic cigarette sales.

With other states looking at the get it taxed or get it out approach rather than educating themselves on the product can and may very well be politically detrimental. News Flash: The E-Cig is here to stay, I urge you to educate yourself on the benefits of this product, I believe that you will find that there are many more supporters and advocates than detractors.

Fair taxation on ecigs as a product Yes,unfair and unreasonable taxation on any item is just plain Crazy.
Consider this; if you’re Coffee you enjoy suddenly had a 70% Tax increase because it contains caffeine (a proven stimulant) how would that go over. Not so good I suspect. That would be Crazy right?

The ultimate goal is to eventually quit smoking traditional cigarettes and many electronic cigarette users have done so. This newer technology holds promise and developments to a better future for all. Just ask anyone who has tried them.

Please consider these issues while deciding the fate of many regular people who want to be able to afford such a great option to curb or quit their addiction. Thankfully we live in a free country where we can debate the risks and rewards of any product. This debate as far as most educated people who have used electronic cigarettes is over. They can and do help smokers quit or slow down without harming themselves or others around them.

Please drop this un-fair and un-just proposed bill. Please do educate yourself on the positives of electronic cigarettes. Just ask any Volcanoecig customer or employee. The advice, information and help are always FREE and you may just learn a few things about this successful non tobacco smoking alternative.

Thank you for your time and consideration
TJS
tjs
Volcano God

Postby MorbidVape » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:29 am

This is rediculous, with the hearing less than a day away I had to send in my comments on it as well, iI just hope they make a difference.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/Smoke free since Dec 17th 2011
MorbidVape
Volcano Menehune

Postby Smacaroni » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 am

I hope it works, I've never had a problem paying taxes. I do have a problem with where most of the tax money goes. I just don't see the need for more taxes and I really can't see any purpose taxing e-cigs has that it should be at such a high rate and so specific. Taxes on cigarettes and alcohol at least have a sensible disguise as these products reportedly cost the state extra money in enforcement and crime (DUI mostly) and state-funded health costs.
E-cigs have none of those effects.
I'm waiting for the reasoning behind taxing air, cause if they could find a way to do it, they would.
Smacaroni
Volcano God

Postby monarch79 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:32 am

Smacaroni wrote:I'm waiting for the reasoning behind taxing air, cause if they could find a way to do it, they would.

:shh: Dont give them any ideas... :shh:
monarch79
Magma God

Postby Smacaroni » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:04 am

If they do, I'll be the first one to demand to know why they're diluting the Oxygen with 78% Nitrogen and then I'll claim the 1% Argon is causing noxious emissions or maybe it's the Taco Bell...
Smacaroni
Volcano God

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 am

got about an hour before the hearing starts. As soon as I hear from the people that went I will update you all on what went on and if for some reason it passes this hearing, we will keep you up to date on what measures you can do to continue to help stop this.

Thank you everyone for all you have done and the support you have shown.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Joe Volcano » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:09 pm

We all just got back from the hearing!! In our opinion it went real well. Our bill started at 940 and ended at about 1115. The room was full of people apposing the bill. The department of health came with many claims that they could not back up and embarrassed themselves. Volcano and our attorney represented ourselves real well. We have high hope they will amend the taxation part of the bill and keep the age requirement. The newspaper and KITV news was there to interview us.
The decision will be made this friday at 11am.
Joe Volcano
Kamooali'i

Postby monarch79 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Way to go Joe, and the Volcano family! :thumbup:
monarch79
Magma God

Postby tjs » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Sounds like it went well...Hopefully the outcome Friday is favorable, and it sounds intially that it will be.
Great Job. :thumbup:
TJS
tjs
Volcano God

PreviousNext

Return to Call to Actions