It is currently Sat May 23, 2015 6:08 pm

An inside view of a Magma atty.

You might just find your answer here!

An inside view of a Magma atty.

Postby RockClimb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Tonight I took a dead Magma atty apart and took a few pictures, Hopefully it will be of some use to other vapers.

This is the outer shell of the atomizer. Its main purpose is to hold a drip tip or cartridge in place.
Magma-outer-shell.jpg

This is the inner shell, it holds everything in the proper place.
Magma-inner-shell.jpg

On the left is the mesh over the bridge frame and on the right is the mesh around the coil cup. It helps keep the liquid close to the wick and helps keep it from running straight through the atty. You can also see a ring seal on the piece on the right.
Magma-mesh.jpg

This is the bridge frame. It holds the frame mesh in place and provides a solid surface to puncture the seal on cartridges if that is what you are using.
Magma-bridge-frame.jpg

This is the wick, or what is left of it. This atty had a hard life :) It wicks the liquid down to the coil.
Magma-wick.jpg

The is the coil and ceramic cup. This is where the vapor is actually produced. The holes in the side are what directs the airflow across the coil. This is also where liquid can leak out when it is flooded.
Magma-coil-cup1.jpg

This is a view of the coil inside of the cup. As you can it is pretty gunked up and is likely what caused it to fail. Crud building up around the coil decreases the surface area for heating the liquid which will decrease vapor production. As it gets worse less liquid is held in the cup and the coil will get hotter which increases the chances of it burning in to.
Magma-coil-cup2.jpg

This is the bottom seal. It seals most of the atty and helps direct the air flow.
Magma-bottom-seal.jpg

This is the threaded connector that hold the atty in place and provides part of the electrical connection.
Magma-outer-connector.jpg

This is the insulator ring. It separates the two electrical connections.
Magma-insulator.jpg

Continued below

Rock
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RockClimb on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people need a sympathetic pat..... on the head..... with a really big hammer..... next to a very high cliff..... above really sharp spikes.
RockClimb
Magma God

Re: An inside view of a Magma atty.

Postby RockClimb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:12 pm

This is the bottom plate, it provides the other half of the electrical connection and sometimes needs to be adjusted.

Magma-bottom-plate.jpg

There was a picture limit per post.

Rock
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RockClimb on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people need a sympathetic pat..... on the head..... with a really big hammer..... next to a very high cliff..... above really sharp spikes.
RockClimb
Magma God

Postby rawrrrdino » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 pm

this is an awesome way to explain atomizers to those that know nothing about them besides the fact that you screw them on, and they heat things up (aka this girl).

I'm sure your atty is proud to have its 15 minutes of fame. it died a good death. :thumbup:
rawrrrdino
Volcano Legend

Postby RockClimb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 pm

rawrrrdino wrote:this is an awesome way to explain atomizers to those that know nothing about them besides the fact that you screw them on, and they heat things up (aka this girl).

I'm sure your atty is proud to have its 15 minutes of fame. it died a good death. :thumbup:

Actually, this was not my atty. Mine were not as pretty after I got done taking them apart. :lol:

Rock
RockClimb
Magma God

Postby Slag Thompson » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:14 am

Nice job, i was wondering exactly how they were put together.
Slag Thompson
Volcano Ali'i

Postby RockClimb » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Slag Thompson wrote:Nice job, i was wondering exactly how they were put together.

Thanks. I have seen pictures of different attys taken apart, but I wanted to try it myself.

Rock
RockClimb
Magma God

Postby Ittles » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Very interesting, thanks for taking the time and sharing with us.
Ittles
Volcano God

Return to Tutorials and Helpful Videos