It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:34 am

Just ask me.....Artist Boy

Ask Artist Boy and the community.

Re: Just ask me.....Artist Boy

Postby Artist Boy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:06 pm

the pool of liquid under the drip tip in that little well is common. That is the condensation well. You should clean it out once in a while. It will collect all the condensation and help prevent it from getting into the drip tip and then in your mouth. I try to clean mine out after ever tank, when I refill.

If cleaning that well out does not help the gurgling then you have juice in the center air shaft and it will need to be blown out. To do so remove the device from the battery and blow through the drip tip with a paper towel under the threads. This will blow out any excess juice. Then you will need to use a q-tip or rolled up paper towel to clean out the threads that are up under the collar of the device.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Stevebunk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:18 pm

It didn't seem normal in the store w the demo I was using!

Every hit it starts normal, then makes a funny air hissing noise, then I get a very minimal cloud...

I tried letting off the button before finishing my hit but not good.

I'll have to go to the store tomorrow I guess. It's more than condensation. It's straight liquid in the well and up in my tip.

#bummed.

Thanks for your help
Stevebunk
Volcano Menehune

Postby dmarshall » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Just starting using the new coil for my inferno, and after three days I starting getting a burnt taste. I switched out to a new coil and all was fine, and again about three days later Im getting that burnt taste again?? Is this normal, and how long is everyone else getting? I like the ease of the new coil, but three days is not good.

Thanks

Dave
dmarshall
Volcano Menehune

Postby coaldriller » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Just bought mine today, and having the same trouble.... This is not condensation, only after a few draws its is full below the drip tip. Surely something is wrong here... I don't want to walk around all day cleaning this thing. Any more ideas would be great, as if I cant get this resolved, it will go back for a refund.
coaldriller
Volcano Menehune

Postby Ignignokt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Hey Artist Boy. Quick question, not sure if I'm in the right forum.. I've read the threads on the LavaTube v2.5 are different from the LavaTube v2. Any truth to this? I use the Tube Tanks, but I also like to try other tanks such as the Kanger Protanks (v2 and 3). The LavaTube v2 allows me this flexibility, and I love it. I'm just wondering if I upgrade to a v2.5, will the threads be the same?

Thanks in advance.
Ignignokt
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:14 am

the body and threads of the v2.5 are the same as the v2.0. Its just the chip inside the device that was upgraded.

So what ever you use on the v2 will work just fine on the v2.5
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby lanthony » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:40 am

How do i clean the BCT coil? after 11/2 days mine seems nasty tasting like it has buidup or something. I use menthol juice.
lanthony
Volcano Menehune

Postby JSmith926 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:12 am

for cleaning all i do is rinse the tank, rinse the head (make sure to dry it as much as possible) then dry burn and blow into the head until the coils burn clean obviously about 10 second intervals as that is all the inferno will allow for safety. If you notice that your battery is starting to get warm take the tank off and let the battery sit and cool off. Now there is a possibility that you could destroy a coil by doing this but usually it will result in a clean coil and wick and continue working.

If you start to get a burnt taste that is typically due to contaminates building up on the coils or due to not enough juice getting to the coils, and destroying the flavor. I'm not sure if the wicking material is silica but if it is you can safely burn that stuff at something like 2000* F without destroying it and there is NO WAY that an inferno can push that much power during a cleaning cycle.

FYI it is not recommended to rinse the coil with water in the instructions though
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby iamthegreengrabber » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Happy New Year, Artist Boy.
The BCTS don't fit on batts.
The pass-through can't be used cuz it breaks the connector.
I vape at 24mg.s for this past year, was very excited about the BCTs.
I will watch here as the solution for design flaws unfolds....
GG :sick:
iamthegreengrabber
Volcano Ali'i

Postby lanthony » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:02 am

JSmith926 wrote:for cleaning all i do is rinse the tank, rinse the head (make sure to dry it as much as possible) then dry burn and blow into the head until the coils burn clean obviously about 10 second intervals as that is all the inferno will allow for safety. If you notice that your battery is starting to get warm take the tank off and let the battery sit and cool off. Now there is a possibility that you could destroy a coil by doing this but usually it will result in a clean coil and wick and continue working.

If you start to get a burnt taste that is typically due to contaminates building up on the coils or due to not enough juice getting to the coils, and destroying the flavor. I'm not sure if the wicking material is silica but if it is you can safely burn that stuff at something like 2000* F without destroying it and there is NO WAY that an inferno can push that much power during a cleaning cycle.

FYI it is not recommended to rinse the coil with water in the instructions though

so the head is the repalaceable part? and which end do i blow in? and how do you know when it burns clean? I think mine is from build up it doesn't taste like a dry hit.do i burn then blow and repeat the process? Oh so much to learn!
lanthony
Volcano Menehune

PreviousNext

Return to General and Technical Questions