It is currently Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:35 am

Just ask me.....Artist Boy

Ask Artist Boy and the community.

Re: Just ask me.....Artist Boy

Postby JSmith926 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:44 am

I dry burn the coil and blow into the top of it like trying to stoke a fire, then let cool, repeat until you can see the coil with no contaminates on it (it will look like a bar at first glowing with contaminates and as you clean it will start to look more like a coil) blow gently and do not let the coil get too hot or you could pop it, Yes the head is the replaceable part...
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby neutrl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:38 am

When replacing the heating coil on the Inferno, how tight should you go?

I thought I recalled reading somewhere not to over do tighting it, however I also don't want to have juice leaking everywhere too. :shifty:

I haven't had to replace the heating coil yet, but I did take it out to clean everything else.
neutrl
Volcano Menehune

Postby JSmith926 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 am

Snug is all
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:09 pm

yea just finger tight. not muscle man finger tight either.

Its got the little seal at the bottom of the head, so as soon as you feel resistance that should be tight enough. anymore than that and you are just compressing the seal.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby VictorVilla » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:04 pm

I am not very happy with this new BCT, first out of the box i tried to hook it up with my newer inferno battery i had bough very recently. i was having so many issues with the lava tube cartimzer burning in the middle i was sick and tired and switched to a different brand after being a loyal customer for years, back to my point. with high hopes with the new bct i grab my battery and anticipate that first puff, but i come to find out that this bct is not screwing onto my battery at all.. so i used my other brand battery and it screws perfectly onto the thing, worked great for a few hrs then i got burnt tastes here and there, i cleaned the ports after reading the matince page here and still more then the good puffs i get that crappy burnt taste and smell, if im yet again going to have to buy a new battery for this bct im not going to be the happiest camper, i feel like ive wasted more money then what good has come out of it in these past months. :x
VictorVilla
Volcano Menehune

Postby cjofwolfcreek » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:06 am

It seems more a battery issue than a bct issue. My bct fits perfectly on all of my old inferno batteries( two 650's and a 1000) and one of my new 900's The other 900 it will simply not thread onto it even though cartos and atty's thread on without a problem. Thinking maybe thread depth?
cjofwolfcreek
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:09 pm

sounds like a threading issue with the battery. I would contact CS about getting the battery replaced if still under the 1 year warranty..
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby cjofwolfcreek » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:43 pm

I've got a couple of BCT's on order so I'll try them before contacting customer service about the battery. The 900 I bought in July so it's under warranty.
cjofwolfcreek
Volcano Ali'i

Postby lanthony » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 am

JSmith926 wrote:I dry burn the coil and blow into the top of it like trying to stoke a fire, then let cool, repeat until you can see the coil with no contaminates on it (it will look like a bar at first glowing with contaminates and as you clean it will start to look more like a coil) blow gently and do not let the coil get too hot or you could pop it, Yes the head is the replaceable part...

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much! I'm one happy gal! :D
lanthony
Volcano Menehune

Postby JSmith926 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:19 am

lanthony wrote:
JSmith926 wrote:I dry burn the coil and blow into the top of it like trying to stoke a fire, then let cool, repeat until you can see the coil with no contaminates on it (it will look like a bar at first glowing with contaminates and as you clean it will start to look more like a coil) blow gently and do not let the coil get too hot or you could pop it, Yes the head is the replaceable part...

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much! I'm one happy gal! :D

Great! I'm glad to hear it
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General and Technical Questions