It is currently Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:43 am

just learned alot from my bud today.. lemme share some

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Postby sicvapekin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 pm

well now i have a lavatube v2 n a vamo n my ego-t..i called his store 808vapez..braddah told me if your looking to use rebuildable tanks or rebuildable atty's on a lavatube or a vamo. it simply wont work cuz most of the ohm's on it will not read cuz it will always be bellow 1.0 0.5..it would mostly work on a morter or a single handed battery mod like a telescope or a morder type..n the hertz on most mods are not capable of reaching the max hit level so it would not reach.. ya haha i learned alot about it.. anyone have more questions call 808 vapez LLC in oahu.. dude is very good at explaining mods n how they work if you ever do plan to use other things on certain mods.
sicvapekin
Volcano Menehune

Re: just learned alot from my bud today.. lemme share some

Postby sicvapekin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:50 pm

good thing i did not order some online too soon.. gotta look up more
sicvapekin
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:20 pm

well I can use my RBA's on all my lavatubes and other VV and VW devices.

and that is bull about them all being 0.5 to 1.0ohms the only reason it would be that way is if they dont know how to wrap a coil right. Yea I can make a 0.5 ohm coil if I wanted but I can also make anything up tp a 3.2ohm coil as well. it all depends on the wire used (gauge) and how many wraps.

Yes the 33hertz in most of the newer VV/VW mods does limit the coil from getting super hot but if you are building the coil and know what device you are making it for you can just make it a slightly lower ohm to counter act that issue. And if you are gonna use a RBA on a purely mechanical mod with any circuitry, then please what ever you do, ALWAYS put a fuse in it. Like the Vape Safe or other coin size fuses designed for ecigs. ( I know there is another but I only use the Vape Safe.

I have run into some odd error codes using the RBA's on the LT but that is due to the micro shorts that happen from the coil shorting out for fraction of a second on the SS mesh wick. I have gotten around that by using ceramic wicks in all my RBA's, and all is fine now.

Not saying he does not know his stuf, but it does sound like he might need to do some more research too. I am far from an expert myself, but some of the stuff you say he said seems like bad info to me.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby rcr721 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:30 pm

I've been using RBA's on all my vv/vw mods. Like AB said, it's all in how you wrap your coil and what gauge wire you use. I love vaping my AGA-t with a 1.5ohm coil at 6 volts. I also have one set up at .7ohms that I use on my mechanical mods.
Jake

rcr721
Volcano God

Postby del » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:34 pm

yep sounds like someone sold him some bs lines and now he is speading misinformation with out knowing so. like AB i too have wandered into the world of RBA's. so much that i always have on in front of me, usually running one anywhere from 0.7ohm- 2.2ohm. so you can infact wrap coils based on the device you will be using it on.

while many mods will throw a error code when wrapping below 1.2ohm's. when using the lavatube, vamo, provari or any other vv mod there is absolutely no reason to go below 1.2ohm's. most vapers like to vape between 8-12 watts. on a 1.4ohm coil you will hit 12 watts at 4volts. and yes i know some do like higher wattage. I have pushed 20+ watts and it hits hard and for most people wont be able to handle it. but those are extreme builds, like 0.7ohm in a mechanical on a fresh battery you are pushing 20+watts. only downside to it is making sure your battery can handle that much draw of amps. otherwise you can end up like me with a battery going thermal from any micro shorts. like AB said using a fuse is the only way to go.

there is a lot more to know about rebuildables then what your bud has told you. its not a beginners toy and needs to be treated with care, read lots of reviews and forum post on the topic and you will see there are many theroies about low ohm is the way to go. which isnt the case and has been proven time and time again, building right and with an ohm you like is a lot better then following anyone else's ideal set up.

del
Magma God

Postby sicvapekin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm

can anyone help me out lol im so damn lost!.. every store keeps telling me the same thing.. so ok let me break it down.. i can use it, but i have to wrap it corect right
sicvapekin
Volcano Menehune

Postby sicvapekin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 pm

well guys i just order a zeni tank and a genesis atty.. lol i hope the best..
sicvapekin
Volcano Menehune

Postby JSmith926 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:06 am

You will have to wrap over 1.1 ohms to use on the lavatube... I also have a z atty that I use alot on my lavatube vapes great use 32 ga and wrap a 2.0+ and you will be set
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby alsafysh » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:59 am

I tell you the misinformation at the "local" vape shops is just horrible. 9 out of 10 times my friends get bad info going there. I know nearly nothing about vaping in comparison to the people on this forum, and still I know more then these vape shops. I tend to get these calls that are like "omg, did you know XXX? And you were wrong about XXX" then I have to explain that it was, in fact, the shopkeeper that is misinformed.

My favorite piece of misinformation was that V's clearos could only be used once then thrown away, so you know, you better buy their version instead of volcano's version.
alsafysh
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:50 am

thats just the way the smaller shop try to mislead you and get you to buy their gear over other places.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Next

Return to Tips and Tricks