It is currently Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Magma v2 Kits are now in stock

Check out our newest items and things to come.

Re: Magma v2 Kits are now in stock

Postby 808slugger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:45 am

Question on the Magma batteries...I've used the USB charger (where you screw in the battery and plug in to a wall charger or computer port) and just wanted to know how badly you could damage the battery if it's left charging after the green light turns on? I know in the instructional video they say not to keep it charging as it may damage the battery but does anyone have more information on this?

Thanks!
808slugger
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:24 pm

well as long as nothing fails nothing will happen. They are designed to stop charging when the battery is full. But it is always best to take them off once fully charged.

I have left one on a charger plugged in and went on vacation for a week, came home and all was fine and the battery is still working to this day. But I have had a safety fail in one of those chargers before, and it kept charging. The battery got real hot and melted the plastic on the charger. But before the battery vented the computer it was plugged into sensed the heat or power drain and shut off the power to the power to preserve the computer.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby JoeyTheMadScientist » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:57 am

got my kit today and i will post a proper review in the proper forum later, but i wanted to report a few things...

1. the magma cartomizers are pretty much the same exact size as the volcano cartomizers and fit in the v pack very well
2. the auto magma batteries don't seem to have that problem they used to where they had a hard time activating. more on that later after i chance to fully test them out. (this is very good news)
3. it was mentioned that the new kit doesn't rattle like the the old m and v packs, but i am finding this to not be entirely accurate. it's not as loud when it rattles, but it does indeed still rattle around. not a problem at all, just an observation.

will post a full review later.
where there's smoke, there's fire. when there's vapor, there's pleasure!
JoeyTheMadScientist
Volcano Legend

Postby nieracon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:11 pm

I've been using the new magma kit for the last week or so and am very impressed.

One question: I've noticed that as the charge in a battery drains, i don't get as good of a hit from the included cartomizers. When the battery finally dies (starts blinking) and i switch to a fresh one there is a HUGE difference in the quantity of vape. What i'm wondering is, if the new battery is charged and ready to go, can i switch early (before the blinking) to get the better vape, or will it be bad for my battery to start charging the old again before it's fully depleted? Thanks in advance!
nieracon
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:07 pm

yeah you can change it out early, many of us do. at full charge it will be 4.2v at drained it will be more around 3.3v so as it goes down the hits will be less.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby 808slugger » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:29 pm

nieracon wrote:I've been using the new magma kit for the last week or so and am very impressed.

One question: I've noticed that as the charge in a battery drains, i don't get as good of a hit from the included cartomizers. When the battery finally dies (starts blinking) and i switch to a fresh one there is a HUGE difference in the quantity of vape. What i'm wondering is, if the new battery is charged and ready to go, can i switch early (before the blinking) to get the better vape, or will it be bad for my battery to start charging the old again before it's fully depleted? Thanks in advance!

Yups noticed that too...major difference with a fully charged battery. Like AB said, I just switch the battery out when I start noticing the decrease in vape strength.
808slugger
Volcano Menehune

Postby JoeyTheMadScientist » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:18 pm

any word on when the a la carte batteries are going to drop?
where there's smoke, there's fire. when there's vapor, there's pleasure!
JoeyTheMadScientist
Volcano Legend

Postby lilearthquake » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Hello there! :wave:
I am not new to Volcano... :lol:
I have the original Volcano but it wasn't doing anything for me anymore after a while :? so i switched back to my analogs :oops:

But a little while ago...i was going through my bookmarks on Firefox and came back to the Volcano website and i saw the new Magma V2 kit (with the video) and i was drawn to buy 1 (thanks Larry Lava ;) )

I am beyond AMAZED :crazy: at this new kit.
It gives me a great throat hit and produces a great amount of vapor :clap:
I threw out an almost full pack of my Marlboro Smooths and have not stopped vaping :lol:

The ONLY thing i find wrong with the new kit is the charging case. The holes are very loose and when i reach to grab it out of my messenger bag then all the stuff falls out if i am pulling it out upside down by accident. :o
My main prob with this i arrange them 3 cartos in the back for my Menthol Burst and the front slots for my Sharks Clove and there is no way to know which is which when they are sitting in the bottom of my bag :shock:
"Give me life..Give me Pain..Give me myself again...oh those little earthquakes..." Tori Amos
lilearthquake
Volcano Menehune

Previous

Return to New and Upcoming Products