It is currently Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Mystery Flavor Naming Contest. [CLOSED]

Because everyone loves to win things.

Re: Mystery Flavor Naming Contest.

Postby kylereu » Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 am

geekdgirl wrote:Wow! I had been waiting for the top 10...this is a really big surprise for me! I'm so excited...I got to name a juice...I was hopeful but had no idea that I'd actually win! Thank you to everyone!!! Just sitting here a bit shocked... :shock:

Congratz geekers! That is wonderful! :clap: :clap:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_221512551211656
Vaper's Island Zombie Free since June 3 2011

kylereu
Volcano Legend

Postby tennisnutz » Wed May 04, 2011 9:41 am

I too, am humbled by making the "Top Ten" list!
Congrats on the new name!
We would all hope that you should keep this type of contest as part of your normal operating procedure!!!!
Tnutz!
tennisnutz
Volcano Menehune

Postby Joe Volcano » Wed May 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Congrats GeekDgirl!!! Again, we apologize greatly for not letting people vote on this contest. If I were in the TOP TEN I may feel a bit upset that I couldn't get to vote.
Please hear me out. When I first saw the names for example "Hawaii Fruit-O".....I thought "Thats hilarious" and if i had seconds to vote because we're rushed in a vote...I might just pick that name. But when we sat for a while and actually thought out the name, "Hula Punch" was perfect. This is something that we couldn't foresee 2 months ago when we were making the rules.
This all stems back to having problems with votes in previous contest. This particular contest would have been perfect in the older style of voting we did in past, where we have a week to vote. We obviously could not do that because of duplicate votes being submitted.
Voting is tough!! The government can't even do it!! We promise, next contest will be done perfectly. We see some great ideas!!
Joe Volcano
Kamooali'i

Postby NateMD » Wed May 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Good explanation, Joe. For what it's worth, I was in the top ten, and I don't feel the least bit cheated.

The way I see it, it's your company and your product, so I think you should have implied veto power to choose the perfect name if you see it. Contests can go awry in unforeseen ways - remember when the Mets got rickrolled for a whole season? Or when the space station module almost got named after Stephen Colbert?

That's not to say that any of the contest entries weren't serious entries. I was impressed with all the great ideas and happy to be a top contender.
NateMD
Volcano Menehune

Postby Davis » Wed May 04, 2011 12:41 pm

WOOT! I didnt even see Hula Punch, but my ? bottle is almost gone, so looks like Ill be ordering a bottle of Hula Punch to replace it :D NICE! And it the name does sort of remind me of Hawaiian Puch, so good marketing play there too.
'Where are my high-powered matches?'
Davis
Volcano Menehune

Postby RebelVapor » Wed May 04, 2011 12:49 pm

i kept thinkin i was tasting a citrus flavor in there, that must have been the "sour", makes sense now. And no worries Joe, i for one was thrilled to make the top 10 so thanks for that, hula punch is definately the most fitting name, and the choice was made wisely! Vape on mother vapers.
RebelVapor
Volcano God

Postby Artist Boy » Wed May 04, 2011 4:19 pm

If you are in the top ten, Please send an email to info@volcanoecigs.com with your user name and real name along with your email address to get your points.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby RebelVapor » Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Artist Boy wrote:If you are in the top ten, Please send an email to info@volcanoecigs.com with your user name and real name along with your email address to get your points.

Done did it already :P
RebelVapor
Volcano God

Postby RebelVapor » Thu May 05, 2011 12:54 am

RebelVapor wrote:
Artist Boy wrote:If you are in the top ten, Please send an email to info@volcanoecigs.com with your user name and real name along with your email address to get your points.

Done did it already :P

Still no sign of those points.
RebelVapor
Volcano God

Postby geekdgirl » Thu May 05, 2011 6:29 am

Hey Rebel,

Often it takes a couple days for Joe to find the time to deposit them...it's not an instantaneous thing...be patient...they will be in your account...they always show up...
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Official Volcano Contests