It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:46 pm

New BCT leak at top.

Ask Artist Boy and the community.

New BCT leak at top.

Postby Jessika1005 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:37 am

Last night I'm sitting on the couch watching some tv and I laid down the inferno with the BCT on it. About 20 minutes later I pick it up and I hear notorious gurgling. Pop off the drip tip and see fluid in the "cup" underneath it. I soak it out with a napkin and continue on.

Now I was very careful to not get fluid in the center post while filling. I used a refill bottle with a needle tip (like you'd use on the cartomizer) to get the fluid right where I wanted it. I even slightly underfilled it because I did not want to get fluid in the center post. Is it possible laying it down like I did would cause the fluid to drip into the cup area under the drip tip? Should I leave it upright from now on? Or could it just be a fluke.

Other than that I'm impressed with the vapor production and taste from the BCT.
Jessika1005
Volcano Menehune

Re: New BCT leak at top.

Postby iamthegreengrabber » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 am

Jessica....GG here, BCT user for @1 month. I ordered a 2nd BCT in another color and have encountered my 1st problems.
The connector is made wrong, won't screw onto battery, threads don't match.....sigh.
Also, some juice leaked through tip when I did fillup. Oh pleez....don't let this be a common problem! Pleez,pleez,pleez! :sick:
And....and...I threw away my envelope. I have my packing slip. There's 3 parts, colored tube,coil, and connector.....
since I have a connector from my 1st BCT, I'm gonna eat this loss, I'll report to CS at Volcano.
Jessica, hope you just return your BCT....come back here to tell about it.
Later,GG :mrgreen:
iamthegreengrabber
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Jessika1005 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:53 am

No I don't plan on immediately returning it. There's many factors that could have caused the issue. I'm not above taking the blame it it's something I did. It could also be the temperature causing issues. Unfortunately my living room is poorly insulated and it was down to 29 degrees here last night. I know that when my tanks get hot due to the outside temperature (I camp in TX in the summer and fall) it caused some issues with the other tanks. I started keeping them in a doubled ziploc bag in the cooler while camping and had no issues with the gurgling while camping again. sooo that being said I mainly wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing juice buildup in the cup under the drip tip.
Jessika1005
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:45 pm

laying it down can cause the juice int eh catch cup under the drip tip to get into your drip tip and back into the air shaft.

That catch cup is there to catch any eliquid that does get pulled up the air shaft from drawing too hard and from condensation.

Make sure you draw for a second after you release the button to help cut down on the condensation and build up in the catch cup.

It is best to clean out this catch cup at every refill. Before you turn it over to refill.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Jessika1005 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:22 am

Thanks AB I'll keep that in mind. I'll look around for the answer but go ahead and ask you here as well. I've started gurgling with each pull now. What's the easiest way to clear that center tube when the BCT is full of juice?
Jessika1005
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:09 pm

best way to clear the tanks center air shaft is to blow lightly into the the drip tip a couple times. This should push any juice int eh tube back into the head and into the tank. Just do not blow too hard.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby iamthegreengrabber » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Oh brother, really? Keep it in a cooler? Uh, no, no.
Design flaws, we got trouble...right there in Honolulu!
I'm going back to try my eff-ing cartos again.....wait, the threads will all be stripped next....
GG :sick:
iamthegreengrabber
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:01 pm

who said keep it in a cooler?

what design flaws? Yes there has been a few units with manufacturing defects, but I see no flaws. Yes it is a new system and different from what you are used to. But the design on these are better than the other sytle BCT's on the market. Look at the Protank.... the v1 and mini both have built in drip tips that no one really likes, the full size v2 can change tips but they all dont have the catch cup so you end up with all the juice in your drip tip and mouth right away. But people have found ways to still make the Protank one of the best selling devices on the market.

The BCT Tube Tank is much better than the Protank. I have a v1 v2 and mini and they all sit in a box... not worth my time, along with all my Kanger BC devices.

The BCT TT is leaps and bounds ahead of the other BCT's on the market.

I am not saying our BCT is perfect.... yes it does have some minor issues but with proper practices you can over come those and I am sure they will be addressed and fixed in the next revision.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Return to General and Technical Questions