It is currently Sun May 24, 2015 2:14 pm

New Contest Ideas

Because everyone loves to win things.

Re: New Contest Ideas

Postby RebelAir » Sun May 01, 2011 4:37 pm

A lot of good ideas here, but I think the next contest, or all contests, should include the entire community they are aimed at. For instance, the Name the Next Juice disqualified nobody based on location or ability - everyone had (or at this point has) an equal chance of winning. A writing or essay contest would be the same.

Unfortunately, some of cannot carry a tune in a bucket. I was ordered NOT to sing cadence when I was in the military, it was so bad. I feel sure I could write the lyrics, and even have the tune in my head, but there is no way in Hades could I get a passable example out to get judged. IMHO this would also apply to photography contests, art contests, etc where a contestants ability in a specialized area comes into play.

Just my half a cents, after taxes, worth.
RebelAir
Volcano God

Postby Vesuvius » Wed May 04, 2011 10:44 am

The PEE PEE dance contest!!!!!!! :twisted:

Must be a video of course.
ImageImage
MODDER, WARRANTY VOIDER, DRIPPER..THROUGH AND THROUGH!
Vesuvius
Volcano God

Postby RebelAir » Wed May 04, 2011 6:49 pm

THAT I can do -- but I'm a bit out of practice. Trying to save my pennies to upgrade a motorcycle seat. As a result, I haven't been able to order much.
RebelAir
Volcano God

Postby TheCrimson1991 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:39 am

banddude007 wrote:Music contest - best song about Volcano: Volcano theme, ode to vaping, etc.

I second that! And the idea to write a volcano theme song.
OR you could have a competition to photoshop pics of historical icons to make it look like they are vaping. Cuz who WOULDN'T wanna see george washington rock a magma? XD
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate...leads to SUCKIN' IT!!!!"
-Ratty The Puppet
TheCrimson1991
Volcano Ali'i

Postby mulkeyOWNS » Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Volcano fan contest. Whoever Joe and the staff sees as going to the extreme to show their love of Volcano. This can be done through making advertisements on Youtube, writing stories, writing and performing a song, ect.

The interesting thing about this idea, which is the main reason I decided to post it (I usually like to just keep my ideas to myself...lol), is because the possibilities are endless. This gives everybody the ability to participate, allows Volcano some advertisement on youtube or wherever the fans decide to post their entries, and can be a lot of fun for the staff to judge.

Opinions? 8-)
I rock. 'Nuff said. :think:
mulkeyOWNS
Magma God

Postby LateVapeLug » Fri May 20, 2011 1:32 pm

I've always been a fan of caption contests.

First, all the members of the forum submit pictures involving vaping (submitted to AB, not in a thread. Not allowed to see the pics ahead of time). Could be drawings, funny pictures, serious pictures, action vaping, whatever really (gotta be PG though, no cake-baking while naked vaping or anything). Then Volcano takes all these pictures and puts them out, one at a time in a special thread (maybe once a month?). Then everyone can post ideas for captions for those pictures, no more than 3 per member. At the end of the month the best entry gets featured on the home page for the entire following month(picture with caption and submission credit) and wins some points or something.

Being featured on the home page would not only be incentive for the members, but would also spice up the site and be even more inviting for people to join the forum. A link to the forum directly above the picture would help even more. Gives a real sense of community.

Just a thought. :thumbup:
Dale
Who ever said OHIO doesn't have volcanoes?
LateVapeLug
Volcano God

Postby s0s1kk » Tue May 31, 2011 3:14 pm

how about a photoshop contest or something that requires some skill .....or just some random give aways just pik a name and BAMMM thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :P
s0s1kk
Volcano Menehune

Postby rocksclub » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:57 pm

I like the pee pee dance contest, that would be hilar!! I want to see everyone act like they are going to pee their pants while they wait for the fedex driver LOL Maybe even pee their pants that would be perfect! Something we can all enjoy watching!

Sticker contest would be cool too.

Dang Monarch I told you all my ideas and you just used them as your own!! LMAO jk how do you come up with all those??

I think we should have an attempted sexy vape picture. Like sexy gone wrong, so it isn't a beauty contest but an "I'm trying too hard" contest. Just another thing to laugh at. That probably makes no sense so :whistle: :look up:
rocksclub
Volcano Menehune

Postby katiemodelphoto » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 pm

photography contest? i'm a model/photographer (lol, as my username probably dictates enough) and i just came back from a shoot in which i insisted on incorporating the inferno into a few fine art shots - pretty cool stuff! could be a fun contest!
katiemodelphoto
Volcano Menehune

Postby Jagellpuff » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:30 pm

I could go for a photo contest!

Jeff "Jagellpuff"
Jagellpuff
Magma God

PreviousNext

Return to Official Volcano Contests