2%
Crew Dawg, vaping in the clouds
4%
Rayzr_bern working out
22%

Total votes : 190

Re: New Pic Contest Voting Poll: Open

Postby rayzr_bern » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:38 pm

yeah, my sister that took the 80's lookin' pics for me called and said she voted for me 3 times. i told her she was an idiot and was gonna get me DQed. hopefully you can just erase two of those votes and everything's kosher, but if you gotta DQ me, I understand, and i'll just make her owe me her life for ruining it for me.
rayzr_bern
rayzr_bern
Volcano Ali'i

Postby jenifary » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:53 pm

HYPERformance wrote:I thought the thread said you just sitting in your house smoking what get you in the poll. There's two here that is doing just that, and I thought you could only post one pic not multiples I thinks it's kinda dumb that some people got to add over 5 pics and had more chances of winning. I mean common mine was me on top of my house for Xmas with thousands of lights. I think that's more exciting than someone siting on their chair with there cat with 12 other pictures. Kinda upset this whole thing was dis organized and don't say my photo was photoshopped cause I had to put both pics into one cause you couldn't really see me on my roof. If I knew you could add 10 and 20 different pics I woulda sat in my chair to and took pics

I'm dissappointed that mine didn't get picked either.. and yours was cool ... but no reason to be sore over it! :wave:
Jen :) Image
jenifary
Volcano Menehune

Postby HYPERformance » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 pm

You guys can't see my pv I've heard that countless times, but the guy in the plane engine you can't even see it but I love his pic.
HYPERformance
Volcano Menehune

Postby Shadow Rhelm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:12 pm

rayzr_bern wrote:yeah, my sister that took the 80's lookin' pics for me called and said she voted for me 3 times. i told her she was an idiot and was gonna get me DQed. hopefully you can just erase two of those votes and everything's kosher, but if you gotta DQ me, I understand, and i'll just make her owe me her life for ruining it for me.

You said last night you took the pics yourself? That it hurt like hell waiting for the auto timer?

'Be the change you want to see happen.' Mahatma Ghandi

Shadow Rhelm
Customer Service Rep

Postby Shadow Rhelm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:13 pm

HYPERformance wrote:You guys can't see my pv I've heard that countless times, but the guy in the plane engine you can't even see it but I love his pic.

Do you have to make it like this man? Seriously?

Shadow Rhelm
Customer Service Rep

Postby Shadow Rhelm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Artist Boy wrote:Just an update and some important info for everyone:

We have reviewed some of the votes, and some are coming from the same IP address, we cant allow votes from the same IP address, so we will be deducting some votes later today. If you have friends or family members that want to vote for you, it is fine...but not from the same IP.

this info as also been added to the main poll post.

I just wanted to put in my opinion on this.... I think it is wrong that people can have their friends and family register just to vote and ensure that some one wins. I think that the people who vote should HAVE to be volcano members already. There are people creating multiple accounts and having people who have nothing to do with volcano voting to make sure they win..... I am not a person that is all about winning. I am not that way. I also refuse to do what others are doing.... I wont cheat to win. At least I know my votes are legitimate. I know my pic is epic and awesome. But seriously allowing cheating is a slap in the face.... I highly disagree with this and am seeing a pattern. I am not trying to complain or whine and cry about anything, and I am not going to. I just wanted to state my opinion on the cheating going on.

Shadow Rhelm
Customer Service Rep

Postby rayzr_bern » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:28 pm

@shadow, i didn't say auto timer at all. i said it hurt like hell waiting for my camera to take the picture. it has a retarded delay from when you push the button until the picture actually takes. my sister was cracking up, but it did hurt like hell. she was laying on the ground taking the picture and every time it would take, it wound up blurry and shit. so i had to do like ten takes of it and she had to hold the camera still like 3 seconds after the camera said it "took" the picture or it would blur. anyway, i don't care what you think or how much you want to complain, or if i do win or lose or whatever. i know my sister made three accounts and voted for me on each account, i told AB about it as soon as she called me and told me about it, and asked him to remove two of my votes. i even posted in forum here that if you want to DQ me for it, i understand. i'm not a cheater and don't want to win like that anyway, and i told my sister she was a dumb ass for doing that. i'm a computer tech for god's sake, i know sites log IP addresses for this kind of shit. so you saying "people" are cheating, and commenting about how i said something about an auto timer kind of just reinforces what i've thought for a while, that you just have something against me for some reason, and just aren't too friendly outside your circle of friends in the chat. it really pisses me off a little that some people would take a dumb contest so seriously as to bitch about people and single them out for their bullshit comments in forum. i've never put you or anyone else that's a member here down for anything, but i'm seeing a lot of trash talk and negativity on the boards over this contest. i haven't even voted yet because i don't want to vote for myself, but am having a hard time deciding on the others. i liked yours, the dude vaping in the plane engine, and the welder's mask one best, but i honestly don't even think i'm going to vote anymore or come into the chat or participate in anything on this site anymore for that matter. if every time someone gets in the top ten or - god forbid - wins a contest someone bitches about it, it just takes all the fun out of the whole damn thing. i think i'm going to start looking elsewhere for my vaping stuff, as i have to buy a few more people gifts for christmas yet, and this whole experience just kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth for this whole operation. have fun running your little clan of chat nazis and complaining about people cheating right after you bitch at the other dude for complaining he didn't make the top ten. life's not a one way street, you can't decide when it's ok to be a poor sport. it's never ok. have a good one, and i'm sure this comment will be deleted, seeing as you and AB are such good buddies. i'm sure he'll never let anything negative about you ever be posted. i hereby disqualify myself from the competition, and you can all just take your forum and your bitching somewhere else. bye.
rayzr_bern
rayzr_bern
Volcano Ali'i

Postby hnkjay » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:57 am

Sorry to hear that rayzer, I liked you submissions, looks like you got a good ol' throwback workout in at least. I am sad to see you go.
It is sad that so much negativity is occurring from this, i think people tend to forget that the great people at Volcano are not obligated what so ever to give prizes and hold contests for their customers. Also, I cannot think of another company that does such, they all work very hard and I believe giving the opportunity to win store credit by posting a picture for their customers should be a PRIVILEGE. They do NOT have to do this and if sour feelings/statements/arguments whatever spoil the contests then that is just on the actions of US. The top TEN pictures were selected, no matter how many entries a user posted, if they were selected ONLY one of their pictures were up for voting. As far as the account creation for votes, bringing friends to the forums is awesome and only builds the community however, abusing this to win a contest isn't fair to many of the users who have submitted entries.
hnkjay
Magma God

Postby rayzr_bern » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:49 am

i think it all boils down to peoples' greed, hnkjay. i don't need the $300, so i really don't care one way or the other....hell, i spent over $200 here within my first two weeks here and at least $200 more in that time period on eliquid, atomizers, drip tips, etc....so the $300's no big deal to me. i'd just rather not have to hear the bitch fest that's going on from all over the place. it's like going to a store on black friday and people rushing to step all over each other to grab a present off the shelf....ridiculous. and if my sister wants to join the forum, for whatever reason - to vote for my picture, to ask a question about something, or whatever - she has the right to. i actually gave her my old blu cigs when i got my first inferno, and she's starting to vape about half the time now, but the blu just sucks, so i don't blame her for not quitting smoking. if anything, her seeing and participating in a contest on here is good advertisement for volcano, as well as the blog i created on my own time to point people here for their ecigs, to renu for their eliquid, etc. i push products i believe in, and the inferno helped me quit smoking, so every smoker in my family has had to hear it from me since before thanksgiving. i've never had anything bad to say about this company, all my family knows how thrilled i am with stopping smoking, and seeing me stop after more than ten years of 1 1/2 to 3 packs a day (3 packs for about 2 years of the 10) makes them all want to quit. So, if there's someone that actually needs the store credits, i'd rather see it go to them, as i've already got everything i need from here and would probably end up just spending whatever points i kept from it on cisco attys from here and that's about it. anyway, there's my two cents. hnkjay, thanks for writing, and i'll miss joking with ya in chat and everything. i'll keep an eye on this forum post for a bit, but that's about it. i'm not a high school student, and prefer not to get into heated dramatical arguments about stupid stuff.
rayzr_bern
rayzr_bern
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Joe Volcano » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:10 am

Rayzr,
we will be adjusting some of the votes today. We should have put in the rules that you cant vote from the same IP. You know, but your sister might not know.
As far as you leaving because of one persons comments is up to you. This Forum is here for peoples opinions as long as they are not very rude comments that can hurt someone. Hopefully you and Shadow can make up.
As far as the votes go- My opinion is we want as many people to come here and vote as possible, as long as its not from the same IP. We want new people checking the forums and sites. So, if you have a lot of friends....you do have an advantage. Some people may think its unfair, but thats the way all votes work. But, me and many people may LIKE Shadow or other people better, but that's not changing my vote. I actually voted for you, cause I thought your picture was the funniest.
Hopefully you will realize we are not some clan, and come back to us. We can all get along.
Joe Volcano
Kamooali'i

PreviousNext

Return to Official Volcano Contests