4%
Rayzr_bern working out
22%

Total votes : 190

New Pic Contest Voting Poll: Closed

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Entry pics and be found below

Please vote for the best pic.

To place a vote you must be a registered user and signed in to your account.

Voting is open from now till midnight on 12-15-2010

Prizes:
  • 1st Place- $300 of store credit
  • 2nd Place- $200 of store credit
  • 3rd Place- $100 of store credit

We have reviewed some of the votes, and some are coming from the same IP address, we cant allow votes from the same IP address, so we will be deducting some votes later today. If you have friends or family members that want to vote for you, it is fine...but not from the same IP.

superfrog.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shadow rhelm.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sailh rashul.jpg

Omar.jpg

Lordpeep.jpg

l_84a3415f8df4444ab011a5b111dcd521.jpg

John.jpg

inferno3.jpg

crew dawg.jpg

162964_1652368982812_1044654510_31751466_4112228_n.jpg

Best of luck to everyone, and thanks for entering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Re: New Pic Contest Voting Poll: Open

Postby HYPERformance » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:26 am

I thought the thread said you just sitting in your house smoking what get you in the poll. There's two here that is doing just that, and I thought you could only post one pic not multiples I thinks it's kinda dumb that some people got to add over 5 pics and had more chances of winning. I mean common mine was me on top of my house for Xmas with thousands of lights. I think that's more exciting than someone siting on their chair with there cat with 12 other pictures. Kinda upset this whole thing was dis organized and don't say my photo was photoshopped cause I had to put both pics into one cause you couldn't really see me on my roof. If I knew you could add 10 and 20 different pics I woulda sat in my chair to and took pics
HYPERformance
Volcano Menehune

Postby rayzr_bern » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 am

hyper, don't get so livid.....if you were reading the forums, the question of whether you could post multiple pics was answered a long time ago. and the sitting in your house thing wasn't a rule, it was a general guideline that AB posted so a bunch of people didn't post pics of them JUST sitting and vaping. John 1313's pic is a little more artful than just sitting and looking at the camera. I get your point about taking all that time to decorate your house and all, but don't get pissed. I think the whole reason your pic wasn't chosen is probably more that you can't see any volcano product at all in it, not that you photoshopped it. I liked the pic, but you probably should have stood closer to the cam so they could see what you were vaping and had the house in the background. anyway, there's always next contest - these guys are always doing something. just make sure to read and post in the forum if you have any questions whether something's ok or not next time and you should be alright. peace, bro.
rayzr_bern
rayzr_bern
Volcano Ali'i

Postby texasinferno » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:31 am

Ok where do I start Hyperformance that just poor sportsmanship its a contest your picture was good but so was everyone else's pictures. Everyone got a fair shake and what guarantee do you have that you would've won if your picture made the last ten only 3 ppl we'll get a prize would you have complained then. Just not cool man even if your disappointed about not making the final cut. Just be glad we were given an opportunity to win anything volcano has no obligation to give anything away they are after all a business and there is a bottom line. With all that being said I hope you at least had fun having the picture taken and it will be something you can show off and laugh about later. They'll have more contest in the future I'm certain and you'll get another opportunity to participate.
texasinferno
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:22 am

If you needed to know if oyu could post more than one pic you could have asked. Others did and the question was answered.

NO you were not disqualified because you edited the photo to show a close up of you. Any photo that did not fit the requirements was completely removed from the contest and a note was sent to the poster as to why it was removed.

I am sorry if my wording of the rules was not satisfactory for you. In the first rule, the sitting on your couch vaping line was meant to mean, that you most likely wont win with that one.

Seems like every time we have a contest someone calls RIGGED, and it is kinda ridiculous. All the photos that we posted and fit the requirements, we voted on by the Volcano staff members and the top ten were the finalist that are now in the poll.

I do not know why others did or did not vote for yours but, I can tell you why I did not vote for yours, not that I really should have to, but I will to appease you. I do not vote for your pic of you and the lights on your house, was because I could not make out the e cig at all in the pic. That is the one and only reason I did not vote for yours.

I don't think we should have to explain our reasons every time we do a contest, and I would hate to have to say this, but if people keep complaining about the way we run our contests just because they feel it is rigged then we just might stop having contests altogether. We have already had to get rid of some of our giveaways on Weds nights due to so many complaints and problems.

I mean come on this is a contest test people win and people lose. It is the nature of the beast.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Shadow Rhelm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:37 am

Hyper,

I don't think that was a very nice thing to post. You just threw a fit in the forum???? Because the staff did not choose your picture for the top 10? Come on, we all love ya to death and you know that. This is a contest and sadly not everyone wins or gets chosen for the finals. Lose with grace.... and dignity in tact as well as your self respect. There were pics I liked and some I did not like. Of course I am biased to my own, but hey who isn't. I wont critique your picture, but I could not even see your PV in the pic let alone if all the pieces were volcano or not. Perhaps next time the best course of action would be to ask in private why your pic was not chosen. I worry that the poor sports will make everyone else lose out on this because EVERY single time there is a contest, some one has to throw a huge fit and cry foul. Never fails... some one does it and it is ridiculous and childish. Do not ruin it for the rest of us.

'Be the change you want to see happen.' Mahatma Ghandi

Shadow Rhelm
Customer Service Rep

Postby jscott1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:17 pm

I just want to say GOOD LUCK to everyone!! I hope Volcano does keep the contests, this was the first one I got to participate in and it was fun to play around and take some fun pics.
Liquid to trade:
new-blueberry-t6035.html

Jen
http://www.jenscottmedia.com
jscott1
Magma God

Postby Shadow Rhelm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Thank you Jen. I hope to see you in all the others in the future :D

Shadow Rhelm
Customer Service Rep

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Just an update and some important info for everyone:

We have reviewed some of the votes, and some are coming from the same IP address, we cant allow votes from the same IP address, so we will be deducting some votes later today. If you have friends or family members that want to vote for you, it is fine...but not from the same IP.

this info as also been added to the main poll post.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Shadow Rhelm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks AB, I got it and that is fine with me. :thumbup:

Shadow Rhelm
Customer Service Rep

Next

Return to Official Volcano Contests