It is currently Fri May 29, 2015 5:25 pm

New Single Inferno USB Batteries are in!

Check out our newest items and things to come.

Re: New Single Inferno USB Batteries are in!

Postby nsanexer0 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:25 pm

That's why he has a cult following...
aswell as me and shadow xD
nsanexer0
Magma God

Postby TheStickerGuy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:10 pm

I love the new PT batts.
TheStickerGuy
Volcano Menehune

Postby DaaamnSmokey » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:54 am

Those are some sexy singles... just saying.
Sir Smoke-a-lotImageImage--=====~~~
DaaamnSmokey
Volcano God

Postby Pinky » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 pm

AB, please bear with me, I'm confused. I just returned my old version inferno for warranty replacement as the button fell out. They sent me the new version 900 mah USB inferno as the replacement. I wasn't happy because my old one was 1000 mah. But customer service says they consider it as giving me an upgrade. The description under both the 900mah and the 1000 mah state they will last 6 hrs. It was my understanding that the higher the mah, the longer the charge lasts, is this not correct? If not, please clarify what the difference in the mah is and how it affects this battery performance. Still undecided whether to keep this replacement battery or not. Thanks!! :)
Pinky
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 pm

you are correct that the higher mah equals longer battery life.

But the difference between 1000 and 900 mah you are talking may 30 minutes of use time difference really. It that. An 80 mah Volcano battery lasts me 15 minutes of use before needing to recharge. So you are not really losing all that much use time out of the device. And since the Infernos are PWM they use their power more efficiently.

Most people switching from 1000 to 900mah don't really notice the difference and since the 900 now has the USB PT feature you can use it while it charges.

I would prefer the 900 over the 1000mah myself. Yes you lose a few minutes of use out of it but like I said you don't really notice it.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby xandra47 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 pm

And getting the usb makes it a totally fair trade off imho. :)
xandra47
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Pinky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks for the info AB!! What is PWM you are referring to? Not familiar with that term. I'm kind of curious why they decided to lower the mah from 1000 to 900. Does it extend the battery life or something? I guess I will go ahead and try it. I do have other infernos I can use when it needs charging and 30 mins. of battery life lost is not that big of a deal.

xandra47, although some would consider getting the USB feature as a fair trade off, I don't like the USB batts, and have one I don't use. Using it while it's charging just seems to keep running it down and I don't think it hits as good while charging. That's just me though, I'm sure there are those that love it. We all have our favs and the USB is just not one of mine. :D
Pinky
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 am

PWM= Pulse Width Modulation

the mah drop was to keep the units length the same but to add the USB feature. So many more people wanted the USB feature on the super battery but to keep it 1000 and add the USB it would have added 3/4" too it and the testers we got just seemed so long in the hand we dropped the size a little.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Pinky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 am

Ahhh, this all makes sense now. :D Also wanted to add........ I have already found an added plus to having the USB port even though I will never vape while charging it. Went to go charge this new one since I decided to keep it. Hubby had both our inferno wall plug chargers in use (we have 5 infernos between us) so I had the alternative of plugging it into my computer to charge it. That's pretty fabulous!! :D
Pinky
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Glad I could help answer your questions and that you are liking the new feature.

I normally keep mine plugged in when I am in car so when ever I get to where I am the battery is full. Plus if I drop it while driving I can retrieve it by just pulling the cord and not have to take my eyes off the road looking for it and then digging around trying to reach it.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to New and Upcoming Products