It is currently Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:39 am

New to Vaping

New to Vaping

Postby alice cowan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:34 am

....Sorry to sound a bit lame...are you suppose to inhale like a normal cig? When i do...it chokes me up? I am a bit older and need suggestions please...
alice cowan
Volcano Menehune

Re: New to Vaping

Postby Shado » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:11 am

Hi alice... :wave:
Congratz on making the change to vaping......and Welcome to the family!!! :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, you can inhale just like smoking, however there are a few things that can cause similar events......which one actually is causing your issue, only you will be able to determine...

- unlike smoking....which is a dry smoke release.....vaping is a wet misty, steamy effect....this is a totally different sensation to the mouth, throat, and lungs
- the few ingredients in juices....pg, vg, flavoring, and nicotine...any of which could be a slight allergic reaction for some folks
- vaping dehydrates a person until their body adjust to the new event
- nicotine levels...if too high, can be harsh and cause coughing, choking, along with....head ache, nausea, ect....
- to big or long of a toot....for new vapors, this can be harsh until they have gotten used to vaping
- the device not being fully primed with juice .....will cause dry harsh hits

Any of the above could cause coughing/choking when first starting to vape....

Hope this helped some.....
- Dave - ...LAL...;)

~~NO Trolls ALLOWED!!!~~ ....Just move on down the road....

What the hell is a "Toot"? ~davej
I think it is the noise coming from Shado's Vape Train!! ~hnkjay
The Vape Train to Shado Zen!!!
Shado
Volcano Legend

Re: New to Vaping

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:17 am

with new vapers, I tend to suggest taking long and light draws, hard and short draws like you would do when smoking can just be too rough on a new vaper. over time as you get used to vaping and the feeling, you can then start to go back to drawing on the ecig like you would on analog.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Return to Montana