It is currently Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:27 am

New Ways To Get Support and Other Changes.

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

New Ways To Get Support and Other Changes.

Postby Artist Boy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:15 pm

With a new year we are making changes to the way we help our customers. Some of you may have noticed some of these changes already if you have contacted CS since the first of the year. We now have a Support Tab on all the store pages.
1.png

Clicking on that tab will open a pop up window and ask you what is your question? Fill in the box and hit next. If the question you asked might be already answered in our new Knowledge Base there will be a list of links to articles in the KB that may answer your question.

Browse those links and see if your question is answered there, if not at the bottom of that list there will be an option "None of these are helpful- get in touch". By clicking that you will be offered two options of reaching out to us, 1 by submitting a request (ticket), or by chatting with one of our agents via a live chat. Chat is only available if there is a agent available to chat with.

And there is always the phone lines for speaking with an agent. And emailing us via support@volcanoecigs.com

You can also submit a request and chat with a agent via the KB at any time.

The new Knowledge Base can be accessed from the main store page in the tab menu bar or simply by going to this link>> http://support.volcanoecigs.com

Now with these new options, there will be a few changes that will happen over the next week. Starting with this forum. Starting Monday January 27th, this forum will be no more. That's right, this forum will be taken down. So if there is any info you want on this forum that you do not see over on the new Knowledge Base please copy and save it to your computer in a word doc of some sort. If you want to keep your Savings Sig Banner you may want to copy that info as well and place it somewhere else like on a account for another forum you have a account on. The new KB does not have a signature option at this time.

If anyone sees some info on this forum that they think I missed on the new KB and would like to see it added to the new KB, please email a link to the info and a brief description to artistboy@volcanoecigs.com

The second change that will happen on Monday January 27th is, the Volcanoecigs chat room will be shut down. Our chatrooms used to be a pretty happening place and there was always people in there hanging out and helping others, But it has died off. I myself have sat in there for days and have not seen a single person come in. So we are shutting it down and focusing our efforts in new directions to help our customers. Mainly the new Live Chat feature, where you can chat with an agent one on one and get help in real time.

New Knowledge Base
The New Knowledge Base is filled with articles that are categorized by likeness topics. I have done my best to fill it with everything you may need to know about our products and issues you may have. I will keep updating the info as new issues and help arises.

If you have a store account that is the same login info you will use for the KB, do not use your login info for this forum to try to login to the new KB. As a signed in user you will be able to edit your account. You can change your Displayed user name for when commenting on articles. As well as upload an avatar. Please keep the user names and avatars clean and appropriate. Changing your name and avatar will also change the name and avatar to your store account, because the 2 systems are now tied into each other. You can also add a phone number and select your time zone. The Time Zone and phone number will not be displayed when you comment, the time zone is for you to see when things were posted in relation to your time zone. The phone number is just for your account and only agents can look that up in case we need to call you.

The new Knowledge Base is more of an information hub for people to find help, unlike the forum users can not create new posts to ask questions. They can post a question in the comments of an article and follow the article to see when they get an answer, or they can reach out to one of our agents to get help. This way we will be able to keep all the info people are looking for in a nice clean manner. We are looking into maybe adding on a section for people to be able to post their questions and concerns, but that will be down the road.

If anyone has any questions about the changes please feel free to ask me either here int he comments, in a PM or email me at artistbot@volcanoecigs.com.
I look forward to seeing everyone on the new Knowledge Base, in the support tickets, and in the new Live Support Chat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Re: New Ways To Get Support and Other Changes.

Postby cjofwolfcreek » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Will miss the forums. Was a nice way to get instant feedback and advice from fellow vapers. All things change and evolve, here's hoping that this change is for the best.
cjofwolfcreek
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Bellamour » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 am

I will miss the chat room most, but you're right, it's been a ghost town lately. I got very busy with work and health issues and whenever I popped in to say hi to people, no one was there. It's sad because it will always be special to me, I was one of the first chat mods yano, back in the old days. I think at this point since it is so unused that I will miss the feelings behind the chat more than anything, having that lifeline cut will hurt. Sort of like when you're growing up, you have a job, phone, car, you don't even sleep at your parents house often, but still that action of packing up and moving out is hard. My life has changed dramatically because of that chat room, and Volcano itself. It will always hold a special place in my heart, and on days when life is just too much to handle I think back, all the 'parties' we had (where my mother would say it was like drinking alone...but we know better don't we ;) ) the laughter and friendships that were born and grew from that place. I've run out of things to say, too much and not enough. MS was talking about a last hurrah this weekend, I am in if you all are, to say goodbye, to the chat and to some people. I'm sure we'll run into each other from time to time, but it won't be the same. If you ever want to chat in the future, you know where to find me, and if all else fails, I'm still your friendly neighborhood phone customer support representative. :)
Bellamour
Customer Service Rep

Postby Catalyst » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:25 am

Interesting decision. While a KB is a good idea, losing a forum where you get actual user feedback is a step back. Sure there will be more posts with negative experiences because the population tends to only vent when upset rather than take time to post good reviews, but it was easy to filter out the useful information from situations that were user error. When deciding on purchasing Volcano products, I read a lot of forum posts to get consumer opinions vs. marketing hype. :thumbdown:
Catalyst
Volcano Menehune

Postby JSmith926 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:18 am

too bad they decided to get rid of the forums, i really liked them, it was great to be able to help people out whenever possible, sometimes people were angry/sad/happy/crying... but overall it was a great experience, i guess we will just all have to go to ECF lol only problem there is i cant post in the volcano forums on ECF or ill get banned :(
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby mnchawk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 am

My first and probably last post :( but I am glad this forum was here when my husband and I were looking. The good and the bad helped us make our choice. Honestly even the bad was a good thing. One, nothing is perfect... ever. But seeing other peeps having a problem and how fast people responded made us pretty comfortable we wouldn't be buying and then all alone. BUT even without the forum there is facebook and twitter plus CS here on the website. I know that I am a member of a large knitting forum and some of the members made a closed group on fb and that's pretty awesome. Change just means growth, but I am really happy the forum was here when we made the choice:) So thanks to everyone who made the forum possible... you done good :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Bravo and see you around the web somewhere :wave:
mnchawk
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

I am in the works of getting a new and better forum started that ties into our new help desk system and Knowledge Base. That way others can still post help topics and the community can still mingle with each other. It will so allow me to help customers better when there is a real issue, by allowing me to take the topic and move it into the support system so customers don't have to start from scratch with CS to get a warranty claim going. There are a lot of nice new features with the new community I am working on. And if all goes well it will go live, maybe Monday.

I will miss the good old times in the chat. I have been a chat rat since the beginning, all the way back to the chatroom we had on Vapersplace, to the mini chat on the forum, and then the current chatroom.

As time goes by things change, and as a company we need to change as well to keep up with everything. These changes, as drastic as they sound now, are for the better and are here to help the customers get a better experience when needing help. We are slowly rolling out the new changes one or two at a time to make sure everything is working smoothly, and if not there is always other ways of contacting us. we don't want to roll everything out at once and have a piece breakdown and drop the whole system.

I for one am not a fan of change. I am a creature of habit. But I fully support and embrace these changes. They will make everything better in the end, I promise. Just give us time and you will see. All these changes and months of hard work myself and all the other Volcano reps have been doing behind the scenes is all to better you the customers experience.

This forum has been my baby for the past 3 years, but it is time to let it go and move forward. Its like sayig goodbye to your first car. It may have its issues but you still have so many memories with it. But you are getting a new and better one, and you have to look forward to all the new memories and fun you will have with the new one.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm

The new community "forum" is now live. https://volcanoecigs.zendesk.com/hc/com ... lic/topics

Let me know if you guys want any other categories. Like State role call or anything like that, and I will look into making it as well.

Also check out the articles in the Knowledge Base going more in depth on how to get around the new systems and get support. https://volcanoecigs.zendesk.com/hc/en- ... acting-Us-
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Return to Tips and Tricks