It is currently Mon May 25, 2015 4:20 am

Non/poorly firing atty? Try this before tossing it...

You might just find your answer here!

Re: Non/poorly firing atty? Try this before tossing it...

Postby codygreen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:29 pm

ok, so right when i got this magma atty in, it wasnt workin so i checked the forum and i found this page, i did the whole thing with the paperclip and all and it worked like a charm. (when ever i switch the atty to a different battery i have to repeat the trick but im fine with that) so i go to bed last night and my ecig is working fine and i woke up this morning and the atty isnt working at all. nothing happened in the middle of the night and i tried the trick again n it still isnt working. I have no idea wat happened. anyone have any advice or think they know what may have happened?
codygreen
Volcano Menehune

Postby del » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 am

cody with out testing it with a multimeter to make sure its still alive its tricky the best thing i can recommend is cleaning the atty threads and the battery threads. juice gets on them and corrodes up and makes for a weak connection which can sometimes cause non firing if the atty is still good..

del
Magma God

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:06 am

could be flooded, could have flooded the battery (if an auto) could have flooded the threaded connection (if manual)

How old is the atty? could have just given up the ghost. When an atty dies there is no warning or signs. Only real way is to test on a multimetter or a device that checks ohms.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby ffjulie22 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:32 pm

How do you charge a non pass-through battery?
ffjulie22

Postby Artist Boy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:49 pm

1 this is the wrong thread to be asking about charging a battery.

2 what kind of battery? Inferno? If so what size battery is it? 650mah 900mah 1000mah?
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby atocrxr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Thank you !!!! I have bought 4 of the Lava, they all have died within a month or two. I had just bought the Lava Ver.2, and it just did the same thing, I did wat you said in your tip, and wow,, it works. I think if I do it to the others, they will probaby work too !! Thank you again!
atocrxr

Postby jtsws » Sun May 12, 2013 1:49 am

This is just one more very helpfull hint to keep us vaping. I learn so much here it is priceless.
Thanks!!! Image
jtsws

Postby Disco11 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:18 pm

I just got my LT v2.5 kit in the mail, i followed all instructions to operate it and it was vaping for 3 medium drags and then stopped, i checked the ohms and it was reading 9.9ohms... I looked it up and came to this and i tried this trick many times and still isn't working... and ideas?
Disco11

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:56 pm

do yu have another atty to put on the LT? The coil might have broke. 9.9ohms reading could mean the atty died, since it was firing and then stopped if you did not adjust the atty on the device when it stopped working then it is most likely a dead atty/carto.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Disco11 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:05 pm

sadly i don't, ill need to order another one.. i dont think i can pick up any locally. ill see if it will work when i get another atty, thanks
Disco11

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and Helpful Videos