It is currently Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Non/poorly firing atty? Try this before tossing it...

You might just find your answer here!

Non/poorly firing atty? Try this before tossing it...

Postby Arclight » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:25 am

I have posted this little trick a few times, but wanted to get it into a thread alone, so that people can find it and give it a try. I have save a few attys and batts this way.

First is to realize that the connector plates on the attys and batts (all models) are not in a fixed position. They sit on a silicone gasket that allows for some "give". A while back, while looking for solutions to a dead batt I ran across this. From there I wondered if the attys were the same way, and they were.

Anyways.....over time and repeated attachings, the connector plates can be moved out of the correct position, and therefore allow a bad or non-existent connection. This will make your atty not fire, or fire poorly. I have found that you can move those plates back to a better position to allow a solid connection.

Step 1 - Using a bent paper clip, (small ones work better) you want to insert the end of the BPC into the hole in the atty.....Here is the important thing.....Just barely insert it!! If you go in to far you will run the risk of breaking the soldered connections with the wires that sit under there.

Step 2 - With the end of the BCP in the atty, push down on the BCP, applying a slight upward force on the end in the atty. Basically like a lever. You will see the connector plate move....normal, this is what we want. Work your way around the atty doing the same thing. I will usually do this on each quadrant of the atty for 4 times total. What we are accomplishing here is, that we are slightly raising the position of that plate so that it will have a more flush connection with the battery.

Step 3 - You can do the same thing with the batteries as well.

Now if all else is good, like the coil is undamaged or there is not some other matter, you should have a well firing atty!

Hope this helps, and ask if you have any questions. ;)
Arclight
Volcano Legend

Re: Non/poorly firing atty? Try this before tossing it...

Postby LeesaRN » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:38 am

and that is why, you are, in fact, the one and only Legend!!! :D
LeesaRN
Volcano Legend

Postby ChuckB » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:44 am

I can definitely vouch for this working. It saved one of my auto batteries not to long ago. Never thought of trying it on an atty but will keep that in mind.

And yes, Arc is a definite legend!
ChuckB
Volcano God

Postby voxpunk88 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:09 pm

I haven't encountered a battery/atty problem yet, but I'm definitely committing this to memory just in case.

Thanks, Archlight!
Last edited by voxpunk88 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ryan
voxpunk88
Volcano God

Postby Ashfont » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:50 pm

You've mentioned this to me a few times, and although I haven't had to use this method yet, it's great to have it readily available. Thanks for the post, Arc!
-Ashfont

Ashfont
Magma God

Postby Spliner » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Really nice instructable Arc! Nice non-blury pics too. Thanks for the post. I had to do this to one of my attys already and it's working like a champ now.

Spliner

Disclaimer: My opinions are those of myself and no other. E-Cigarettes are not a "Quit Smoking" product. They are a smoking alternative. Keep all E-Liquids out of the reach of children.
Spliner
Volcano Legend

Postby Justinonymous » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Worked like a CHARM on my battery. Thanks a bunch!! This is just some great stuff right here. Very very handy.
Justinonymous
Volcano Menehune

Postby LeesaRN » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:27 am

I have been lucky enough to not have any attys turn bad... (fingers crossed, knock on wood, salt over shoulder, turn around 3 times and pooh pooh pooh)... but, I probably would not throw anything out, why? Because my friends here on the Volcano forum are geniuses and would figure out a way to fix it if humanly possible!!!
LeesaRN
Volcano Legend

Postby geekdgirl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:50 am

LeesaRN wrote:I have been lucky enough to not have any attys turn bad... (fingers crossed, knock on wood, salt over shoulder, turn around 3 times and pooh pooh pooh)... but, I probably would not throw anything out, why? Because my friends here on the Volcano forum are geniuses and would figure out a way to fix it if humanly possible!!!

Are you superstitious as well as OCD? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby LeesaRN » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:56 am

yes I am.... :lol: :lol:
LeesaRN
Volcano Legend

Next

Return to Tutorials and Helpful Videos