It is currently Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:31 am

OKC-ish...

OKC-ish...

Postby maidenoklahoma » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:01 pm

hey! surely I'm not the only Okie around here??
The heat must've driven everyone away from their computers!! :lol:
maidenoklahoma
Volcano Menehune

Re: OKC-ish...

Postby dphillips1977 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:10 am

We're moving to Elk City Oklahoma soon. My wife and kids are down there now getting settled. Once I sell the house I will be joining them (currently in upstate New York).
--Dean
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play. -- Immanuel Kant (1724–1804)
dphillips1977
Volcano Ali'i

Postby maidenoklahoma » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Wow! It's a rough summer to be moving here! Hope y' all don't melt!
I think you'll find the people here to be very friendly. I was in oregon for the last 11 years before I moved (back) to oklahoma. People in oregon are way more standoffish - it really took me by surprise at first when random strangers would strike up a conversation.
maidenoklahoma
Volcano Menehune

Postby dphillips1977 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:37 am

Yea the heat has been something else from what they have been telling me. They did finally get some much needed rain a few days ago. My wife was born and raised in Oklahoma and has said the same thing about people being much friendlier. I can't speak for the whole state of NY but, people are very guarded where I live. I remember when she was taking a trip to Syracuse with my daughter and got a flat tire. It took her about 30minutes to fish the tire and jack out of the back and put the spare tire on (all in the rain) and not one person stopped to see if she needed help. It also drives her nuts that in New York men will seldom hold the door for women and let them walk in first. I visited Oklahoma last summer and did find it to be beautiful and the people to be very friendly.
--Dean
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play. -- Immanuel Kant (1724–1804)
dphillips1977
Volcano Ali'i

Postby t-red » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Seems I've come a little late to this party, (like by a year, LOL) Better late than never! Hi guys! I'm an Okie born and bred. Dphillips1977, I hope you're enjoying our fair state! As much as I like to travel out of state, this will always be home to me.

Husband:
t-red
Volcano Menehune

Return to Oklahoma