It is currently Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:47 pm

Please make chat work for iPad

A place to report technical issues you experience.

Postby wshipley » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Any chance that chat will ever work on an iPad?
Original Volcano E-Cig, Magma Tank-O-Mizer, Inferno Tank-O-Mizer.
wshipley
Volcano Ali'i

Re: Please make chat work for iPad

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:18 pm

yup.... as soon as Apple gets the iPad to run the full version of Flash and have the processing speeds to handle it. Just about all good video chats run based in Flash. The iPad and all Smart Phones don't seem to be able to handle it. I am hopeful it will happen one day.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Jagellpuff » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:20 pm

This would be nice!

Jeff "Jagellpuff"
Jagellpuff
Magma God

Postby Spliner » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Actually you can do it now using splashtop browser and a pc, but you would have to use the webcam on the pc as your cam on the iPad isn't recognized that way.

And.. It may still be possible in the near future: http://blogs.computerworld.com/18922/ad ... pad_iphone

123flashchat now has an iPad app but flashcoms (the company that makes the chat software Volcano uses) does not have one yet.

Spliner

Disclaimer: My opinions are those of myself and no other. E-Cigarettes are not a "Quit Smoking" product. They are a smoking alternative. Keep all E-Liquids out of the reach of children.
Spliner
Volcano Legend

Postby Spliner » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Reading a bit more into it, if you use adobe's media server 4.5 to host the flashcoms software it supposedly will/can transcode flash to html5 on the fly. No real idea if it works. Adobe will give you a development version for free to test but flashcoms requires purchase for their software so I can't test it. Would be something Mike or AB would have to research.

Spliner

Disclaimer: My opinions are those of myself and no other. E-Cigarettes are not a "Quit Smoking" product. They are a smoking alternative. Keep all E-Liquids out of the reach of children.
Spliner
Volcano Legend

Postby LilKCCeleb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Download iSwifter. It allows flash browsing. I've used it to see how stable it would be in the chat. Was good but I prefer to chat from laptop for easier typing
LilKCCeleb
Volcano Ali'i

Return to Video Chat Glitches and Issues