It is currently Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:02 am

Prevent the FDA banning ecigs and associated liquids

A place to find and post alerts about events that need the communities help.

Postby andresmi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 am

You have until February 13, 2013 to sign the petition.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... d/RQLBYRsd
andresmi
Volcano Menehune

Re: Prevent the FDA banning ecigs and associated liquids

Postby Artist Boy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Thank you for posting the link to the petition.

Even though the number of sigs will make a difference on this petition, we have taken petitions to the FDA before they they didnt really care, what matters more are testimonies.

So please once you sign this petition please make sure you also go to this link: call-action-fda-testimony-t10536.html
read my post there which was written by CASAA and send in your testimony as well.

Thank you.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby SilentScreams » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 pm

I saw this petition on ECF. This is supposedly going to Obama. Obama has no power in this matter. To sign this you also have to make an account. Call me paranoid but anything that gets my name listed on a government list is not something I'm going to get involved in. I did submit my comments to the call to action FDA testimony though.
You do not ask the sun for mercy.

SilentScreams
Volcano Menehune

Postby andresmi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:47 pm

All they want is a name, e-mail and zip code. That's it. That seems fair, most petitions want more info like your address.

Also, Yes it dose matter. The president is the boss of the FDA. The head of the FDA serves at the pleasure of the President so yes, he can do a lot. It's worth it to sign.
andresmi
Volcano Menehune

Postby JTMD » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:59 am

I signed this petition and so too did my wife, even posted it to our facebook pages to try to get some people who are not vapers/smokers to sign. So far the petition is about 4000 signatures away, and we only have 10 days left... Hopefully there is enough to get this on Obama's desk, and maybe some letters sent to him would also be warrented from all of us vapers, so we can get our stories to him instead of just to Congress like the FDA is doing.

JTMD
Volcano Menehune

Postby RockClimb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:31 pm

I signed several days ago, but I saw last night where more signatures are still needed. I am asking everyone to get involved before we lose our right to vape.

Rock
Some people need a sympathetic pat..... on the head..... with a really big hammer..... next to a very high cliff..... above really sharp spikes.
RockClimb
Magma God

Postby ronw » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi,
I gladly shared my name and e-mail address as it's not as important as losing the ability to vape, rather then going back to analogs.
My opinion anyway.
Ron W.
ronw
Volcano God

Postby BBoySolidusSnake » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 am

Man this is Bull...... i knew this day would come. Anyway so that government can make money. They see that the sales of cigerettes is declining, which is their big boost of income is coming from since its so addicting. So they are trying to stop anything that gets in their way. So typical.....
BBoySolidusSnake
Volcano Menehune

Postby JTMD » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 pm

As of 8:35PM Pacific Time, the petition to the White House over the FDA's actions, has gained all of the necessary 25,000 signatures and an aditional 493 :D . So even though we have enough to get this petition to be taken seriously by the White House, more signatures can only help this cause. Lets just be thankful this petiton didn't come out a day or more later than it did, as we would still be about 74,500 signatures away from meeting the requirements, and only 6 days from the deadline, as the rules for getting a petition to be answered and seen by the White House staff has reciently changed from 25,000 needed to 100,000 needed for new petitions :shock: . Also, from what I have seen with the petitions for the White House, action may or may not be taken seriously, even with the number we currently have, :idea: so all vapers, organizations that promote e-cigarettes, and manufactures should band together and mail the White House and Congress driectly, telling them our views and reasons for needing and wanting e-cigs to be kept on the market and away from damaging legislation, that way we are more than just signatures on a petition, we are real people with real stories and concerns. I know this weekend when I have more time off I will be looking into getting at least my story in front of our elected officials, and I strongly encourage everyone else that feels that e-cigs saved their life or the life of someone they know to do the same.

JTMD
Volcano Menehune

Postby manyclouds » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:42 am

manyclouds
Volcano Menehune

Return to Call to Actions