It is currently Sun May 24, 2015 4:18 pm

[PROTIP] Priming your atty

You might just find your answer here!

[PROTIP] Priming your atty

Postby A.Jay » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:05 pm

As per special request, here is the tip that i gave during last week's chat...

(This works best with the Magma atty, but with some careful dripping you can also do it with the Volcano atty)

Whenever you have a brand new atty, or even one that you've freshly cleaned and dried, there are a couple places inside the atty that are absorbent and are completely dry right now. For a new atty, there is a shipping primer (the stuff that makes the "break in period" taste bad). So blow that shipping primer out as best you can from both ends of the atty. Next you'll want to take some of the juice you plan on vaping and drip 10 drops into the atty. This will completely flood the atty, which is a good thing in this case. Let that sit on a paper towel threads down for like 10 min. This will allow the juice to completely soak into every part of the atty. When the 10 min is up, most of the excess juice will have drained out of the atty. If you want you can LIGHTLY blow from the cart side of the atty to get a little more juice out. Not too hard tho, or you'll be blowing away the perfect vape that's about to happen. Most of the time I just throw it on a battery and go for it without any blowing. Now just sit back and enjoy your brand new atty that you just "broke in" in 10 min. :mrgreen:
Who said Ohio doesn't have Volcanoes?
A.Jay
Magma God

Re: [PROTIP] Priming your atty

Postby oneof3borg » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Is this ok on other 510 attys ? I'm using cheep ones from my emergency stock untill payday
oneof3borg
Volcano Menehune

Postby geekdgirl » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:56 am

Thank you A.Jay....I missed some of that so was doing a bootleg version of the trick....this should help me to maybe improve that technique LOL
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby JoeyTheMadScientist » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:59 am

can you do this with vg or pg instead of juice?
where there's smoke, there's fire. when there's vapor, there's pleasure!
JoeyTheMadScientist
Volcano Legend

Postby Spliner » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 am

Thanks A.Jay, this method is perfect! I've used it for cleaning my atties since you demo'd it in chat and its worked perfect every time. You can also use this on a semi-wet atty to get cleaning done faster. I do a soak in hot water and rinse with hot water, then dry carefully the best you can on a manual passthrough. Immediately flood the atty with this method, let it sit until it drains on a paper towel, blow lightly on the threaded end to get out the excess, clean the threads and vape away. After about 2 hits you're back in business. It has significantly cut down my cleaning time to just a few minutes.

Spliner

Disclaimer: My opinions are those of myself and no other. E-Cigarettes are not a "Quit Smoking" product. They are a smoking alternative. Keep all E-Liquids out of the reach of children.
Spliner
Volcano Legend

Postby Spliner » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 am

JoeyTheMadScientist wrote:can you do this with vg or pg instead of juice?

I would only do that if you were going to store the atty. It is a bit wasteful of your e-liquid, but if you're going to vape right away I'd use your flavored liquid. That way your first hit has intense flavor. If you use plain PG the first few hits will be dull, almost like the priming liquid on them from the factory (but won't taste as bad).

Spliner

Disclaimer: My opinions are those of myself and no other. E-Cigarettes are not a "Quit Smoking" product. They are a smoking alternative. Keep all E-Liquids out of the reach of children.
Spliner
Volcano Legend

Postby A.Jay » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:22 am

oneof3borg wrote:Is this ok on other 510 attys ? I'm using cheep ones from my emergency stock untill payday

You can use this technique on any atty, 510's are all the same for the most part. Other models may need more, or fewer, drops to do this as described.
Who said Ohio doesn't have Volcanoes?
A.Jay
Magma God

Postby Starkweather » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:37 am

This works EXTREMELY WELL.

Thanks Ajay!!

Disclaimer: My opinions are those of myself and no other. Personal Vaporizers are not a "Quit Smoking" product. They are a smoking alternative. Keep all E-Liquids out of the reach of children.
Starkweather
Volcano God

Postby Spliner » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:43 am

Simply flawless priming every time. Still using this method, and it is still working perfectly. Its a little wasteful of a few drops of juice each time, but only needs to be done on cleaning anyway. Love it in combination with the atty resurrection/burn method for drying an atty you just cleaned. Can't thank you enough A.Jay!

Spliner

Spliner
Volcano Legend

Postby YatesSama » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 am

I am very interested/intrigued in trying this! Normally I have to wait about 8 hours till I even mess with a "just cleaned" atty, and then I dont even want to talk about the process of trying to get it to hit again....but this sounds like a great idea! I will try it next time I clean :!: Thanks, A Jay :mrgreen:

There is more to life than increasing its speed...

When you throw mud at someone, you're the one who is losing ground

"Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win.....you're still retarded!" - Ghiadon
YatesSama
Volcano Ali'i

Next

Return to Tutorials and Helpful Videos