It is currently Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:40 am

Show Us Your Best Vapor Cloud: Voting Now Closed

Because everyone loves to win things.

Re: Show Us Your Best Vapor Cloud: Voting Now Closed

Postby Kraylen » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Sounds like red handed justification of fraudulence, but what do I know.
Kraylen
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Joe Volcano » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Davis wrote:I would just like to say that, while I did campaign (READ - free advertising for Volcano) for some of my votes, that each one was from a real live person. I am pretty depressed that I didnt win the 2nd place prize (couldnt just delete the cheaters votes?), but im happy knowing that my whole office, and most of my classmates, 90% of which are smokers, now know about volcano, and are looking into the site more. I have shown my rig off before, yes, but now they all have a reason to come take a closer look. No hard feelings about the lost victory(still pretty upset though), I will still be shopping here, and now so will the people I told about the contest...

Davis,
I understand your grief.......my vote didnt place in the top 3 and was in the top 3 originally. Problem was, we did delete tons of votes, but in the end decided to do a quick poll because we know a quick poll would be real votes from real fans. If people are cheating and were catching it,who knows what votes are real anymore. People can take the 5 days of voting and tell there whole family to register and vote, people who have no interest in ecigs and vaping. This is technically not cheating, but is unfair for people who want a fair contest. We decided last minute to take advantage of the 90 people we had in chat to vote in a 3-4 minute time span, this would take someone way to long to register new people in the forum and gather votes. This will be the way we vote from here on out on future contest. We have done so many contest now, and every time someone cheats.
I also want to make very clear that the contestants are not to blame for the cheating. we found certain ips from non-contestants registering new people to the forum and voting. Please do not blame any contestant for cheating, or presume a contestant was cheating. Even from our stand point it is impossible to know.
Again, I greatly appreciate everyone's participation...lets celebrate these winners, they deserve it!!
We have to learn the hard way before we make the best solution and I think chat voting will be the best way. More contest to come!!
Joe Volcano
Kamooali'i

Postby Davis » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Joe,
Agreed. I like the solution.

Kraylen,
Nothing obviously, since campaigning is how presidents are elected each term.... plus it brings new customers to the people giving away free stuff, thus ensuring more free stuff.
'Where are my high-powered matches?'
Davis
Volcano Menehune

Postby wvlee » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:26 pm

congrats to the top 3!!!:)
wvlee
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Kraylen wrote:Sounds like red handed justification of fraudulence, but what do I know.

come on folks lets play nice, shall we.

we are not blaming anyone, for it. We just saw an issue and found a good last minute solution to correct it. Lets all sit down vape an Inferno with a Magma tanko on it with a tank full of "?" and treat it as the new style peace pipe. Who's in?
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby ping279 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm in and on your level. Don't quite have the magma tanko but how bout I raise you a magma atty and gold drip tip.
ping279
Volcano God

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:50 pm

I initiated the circle I will bring the gear and supplies, you all come ad leave any bad vibes behind. We are all here as friends, vapers, and most importantly family. We need to get along.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby SaithRashul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:00 am

Grats to all winners and all who didn't. all the pics were great.

just my two cents... or maybe one cent. :P the only problem i have with the voting during chat is Due to my work there is no possible way for me to ever make it to the voting time. but anyway, i love the contests and people do need to play nice because it is always in good fun and everyone does great with the pictures.

again, cheers to all who participated in the contest.
SaithRashul
Volcano Menehune

Postby Davis » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:17 am

ping279 wrote:I'm in and on your level. Don't quite have the magma tanko but how bout I raise you a magma atty and gold drip tip.

Ill see your magma atty and gold drip tip, and raise you a pass-through. Still need to get my inferno kit...
'Where are my high-powered matches?'
Davis
Volcano Menehune

Postby Kraylen » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:17 am

I'm just edgy because I lost my Inferno.. and my spare atty is not working.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Kraylen
Volcano Ali'i

PreviousNext

Return to Official Volcano Contests