It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:57 am

Solutions to Common Problems

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Solutions to Common Problems

Postby djlunchbox » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Okay so I've had quite a few problems in the last few days since I got my Inferno. I'm pretty sure I've almost been through every problem you can have. Burning, flooding and detanking have all happened to me within the first week of getting my new toy. So I thought I'd post a thread on solutions to common problems. All of these solutions have been given to me by the very friendly and helpful members in the Video Chat here on the site.

//Shameless Plug - GO THERE FOR HELP!

Let's get started. I'll try to make this nice and neat. Keep in mind I'm still new so feel free to add to what I already have, fix what I have wrong or what works better or add your own solutions. Also, my experience is only from using a tube tank/cartomizer set up. I do not know anything about atomizers or problems for dripping.

Q: I'm getting a burnt taste when I vape? What's wrong?
A: Most likely your cartomizer isn't primed correctly and it's just burning the polyfill inside. Hopefully if you've tasted it once, you've stopped vaping completely. If you continue to vape the burnt, the vapor will pretty much cover the entire device and it smells nasty. Take the tank off the battery and then the drip tip. Be sure to hold the tank together so when you pull the drip tip off, it doesn't detank. Put between 40-45 drops on the cartomizer (using the regular tip the juice came with). Let it sit for a few minutes, then re-attach.

Q: I don't seem to be getting much flavor.
A: You're cartomizer may be clogged. Make sure you are getting bubbles from the tiny drilled in hole that is visible within the tube tank. Take a few short draws and see if you get bubbles. If you aren't then take TWO long, medium-hard draws. This usually does it. If after two, you still do not have bubbles, wait a minute and try again, but only TWO. You don't want juice in your mouth. This will clear up the cartomizer and make sure you are getting the flavor to your taste buds :D

Q: I hear a bubling like noise when I take a draw, did I flood?
A: Yes. Yes you did. Crackling noises are normal as its heating up the juice but bubbling indicates flooding. Take the tube tank off the battery and the drip tip off the tube tank (again being careful not to detank). GENTLY blow out of the cartomizer (preferably over a sink or paper towel as juice will come out). Take gentle, short blows into the cartomizer for about a minute (usually what works for me). This will unflood the device. Re-attach as normal. You may want to pull some short draws to get bubbles after re-attaching, but that's personal preference.

Q: I got juice inside the cartomizer! OMGWTFBBQ THEY TOLD ME NOT TO!
A: Relax. It's okay. Just blow out the cartomizer gently again. You will continue to blow juice out so stop after a minute or so.

Q: I feel dizzy and am getting a headache.
A: STOP VAPING for a bit and Drink water.

Q: I want to change flavors but I don't want to throw the cartomizer out.
A: That's fine, don't throw it out. You can save your old cartomizers in a zip-loc bag for later. Just be sure to label the bag with which flavor is which and re-prime the cartomizer when you use it again. If you flood or burn just follow the instructions above and all will be well with your old carto.

Q: I detanked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneoneoneone!!!!!!
A: Can't help you there, that's just a waste ;) (but I did it too).

Hopefully this will help some new people out there like the people in chat helped me. I've done my best to write this all out from what's happened to me. Again, please make any changes or additions as you see fit. Thanks for reading!
djlunchbox
Volcano Menehune

Re: Solutions to Common Problems

Postby JSmith926 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 am

Great Info here Djlunchbox, I vote for this as sticky!
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm

nie write up, I have stickied this, and added to one of your answers, Hope you don't mind, but it needed to be added.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby djlunchbox » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Artist Boy wrote:nie write up, I have stickied this, and added to one of your answers, Hope you don't mind, but it needed to be added.

Thanks for the sticky! I'm glad I could help! What did you add to btw?
djlunchbox
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Q: I feel dizzy and am getting a headache.
A: STOP VAPING for a bit and Drink water.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby djlunchbox » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Q: I'm not getting much vapor, what's the deal?
A: Try drinking some water. Vaping will dehydrate you and will cause you to have less vapor. Drinking water will hydrate you and give you more vapor.
djlunchbox
Volcano Menehune

Postby del » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 pm

its amazing to see how fast dj has learned so much about vaping... so glad someone new felt comfortable enough to type up something that is more up to date. as a lot of us tend to forget these simple things the longer we vape. :clap: well done man!

del
Magma God

Re: Solutions to Common Problems (NICE)

Postby LaniChan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Great job DJ!! love your post..you did awesome! :thumbup:
LaniChan
Volcano Menehune

Postby TatsandSass » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 am

Good job DJ! Look, here I am haha!

Keep calm and love a tattooed girl
TatsandSass
Volcano God

Postby Sublym1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am

djlunchbox wrote:Q: I want to change flavors but I don't want to throw the cartomizer out.
A: That's fine, don't throw it out. You can save your old cartomizers in a zip-loc bag for later. Just be sure to label the bag with which flavor is which and re-prime the cartomizer when you use it again. If you flood or burn just follow the instructions above and all will be well with your old carto.

Just wanted to add a little more to this. I've found that most people that want to change flavors tend to dump out whatever juice they have left in the tank to do so. This is because they didn't know that the dropper top portion of their juice bottles can be removed. I like to inform my customers that they can pop the dropper top off and pour their juice back in to the bottle so that they don't have to waste it.

Great Job DJ! Your help is greatly appreciated! :thumbup:
Sublym1
Magma God

Next

Return to Tips and Tricks