It is currently Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Song Writing Contest Rules and Info [Closed]

Because everyone loves to win things.

Song Writing Contest Rules and Info [Closed]

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Hello and welcome to our newest contest. Hope everyone has fun joining this one. Cause that what these are for, for having fun. Get creative, have fun, and enjoy yourself doing this.

The Basics:

For this contest you will need to write and preform a vaping related song. This song does not need to be based around Volcano, but does need to be about vaping in general. The Lyrics need to be your own. The music you can do yourself, have a friend or friends band do the music, or use an existing song like a karaoke song track and make your own lyrics for the music. If you are not much of a singer, can't carry a note, or do not want to sing it you can have someone else sing it for you. Great song writing, video creation and over all enjoyment of the video/song will all play a role in who wins. You can do a parody song if you like even, funny is always good. "Like a Vaper" instead of "Like a Virgin" is an idea that pops into my head. But the lyrics must be yours. You can not steal some one else's song and just sing it. Yes there are other songs out there already about vaping already. Maybe I will post one here for inspiration.

Rules:

• Write your own lyrics for a song about vaping. These must be your own lyrics, you can not use others lyrics already written. Song must then be recorded to a video format to music. You can use original music, have a friend help you or use a karaoke track and just sing you own lyrics instead. Song can be any style or genre.
  • Time limit: must be at least 30seconds long, and no more than 5 minutes long.
  • Song must be preformed in a video format, uploaded to YouTube and then post the video, embedded in the forum thread for the entries. Please see entry thread to see how to embed YouTube videos.
  • Video does not have to be of you (or who ever you have preforming it) actually preforming the song, but it can be any type of video for it. It can be a video of you preforming it, a slideshow of pictures related to vaping and the song, or just a pic of if you wish, but please see voting for more details about how things add up and the voting criteria. As that will help explain what the video and song will be voted on. But if you feel your song by its self is strong enough on its own and does not need an actual video then you don't have to have one, but it is strongly suggested.
  • Your entry post on entry thread MUST contain the full lyrics to your song along with embedded video. We want to be able to know what the words are, I know some of you folks are into the genre of music where it is hard to make out some (or all) of the words. If you do not include the lyrics with your entry you will not be able to win the contest.
  • Song MUST mention a Volcano brand product, ie. Volcano, Magma, Inferno, Lavatube, Tube Tanks, ..... and so on. Song does not need to be about Volcano but must mention it in some way at least once.
  • Video must not break any of YouTube rules. If you break a rule and your video gets pulled there is nothing we can do. If the video is pulled for any reason before the voting is over then you will not be allowed to win. The winning video needs to stay posted to YouTube, for everyone to see it.
  • Video must be clean for all ages. Pretty much covered in the rule above but just to be clear, no cursing, no drug references, no nudity, no minors using or handling the product, not that it needs to be said but I will add it anyway- no bashing the company in the song. Pretty much just use common sense here folks.

Failure to follow all of these rules will result in your submission being disqualified from the competition. Please make sure ALL rules are followed and requirements are met. Thank you

Submission:
You have from the date this post is posted till Jan 31st 2012 at 11:59pm EST to submit your entry on the submission thread.

Voting
All videos that are entered and meet the requirements of the above mentioned rules will be voted on by the Volcano community. Voting will commence Feb 1st 2012 at 12:01am EST and last till Feb10th at 11.59pm EST.

The top five videos voted by the public will then be posted and the Volcano employees will privately vote for the top 3 videos.

We will be making our voting on over all song and video enjoyment. Each employee will be asked to score a video on many different aspects of the video and rate on a scale of 1 to 5. 1 being ok and 5 being awesomesauce. Some of the points voted on will be creativeness with the lyrics, video appearance, and a handful of other aspects. The 3 videos with the highest over all scores will be awarded the prizes.

The 3 winners will be announced sometime on Feb 13th .

Prizes:

First place- $1000

Second place- $500

Third place- $300

That's cash folks not store credit or any thing like that, cold hard cash money.

Entry Thread can be found HERE

Please post any and all questions comments and remarks here, please only post entries int he other thread. This will help keep it easy for people to see all the videos.Thank you.

Good luck everyone, happy song writing and video making and most of all have fun, that's what this is all about.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Re: Song Writing Contest Rules and Info [OPEN]

Postby monarch79 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 am

Just finished writing my song... ;)

Y'all are in trouble. :lol:
monarch79
Magma God

Postby LilKCCeleb » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:00 am

monarch79 wrote:Just finished writing my song... ;)

i finished last night but i need to get a video software to make a video lol :(
LilKCCeleb
Volcano Ali'i

Postby LilKCCeleb » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:01 am

Damn, cant bash blu... :lolno:
LilKCCeleb
Volcano Ali'i

Postby monarch79 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:19 am

Yeah, I have to get a new webcam before I can post mine... ;)
monarch79
Magma God

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:35 am

LilKCCeleb wrote:Damn, cant bash blu... :lolno:

why? I didn't say anything about that, I just said you can't bash our company (Volcano). That was just tossed in for any haters out there in the other communities that wanted to make a hate song and try to win money with it.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby monarch79 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:43 am

Nice... :lol:

I think Blu's gonna get a musical smackdown... ;)
monarch79
Magma God

Postby Disco Inferno » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:01 am

monarch79 wrote:Just finished writing my song... ;)

Hey I want to hear it! Image
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free
that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
- Albert Camus
Disco Inferno
Volcano Menehune

Postby LilKCCeleb » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Is anyone going to use Stevie Nicks Edge Of Seventeen Instrumental? I am curious. Don't want to use something someone else has in mind. It's gonna be a while before I am finished with mine... :) Stay Tuned
LilKCCeleb
Volcano Ali'i

Postby catalysisman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 am

ok, just finished my song. not to figure out the video.. for all you metal and hardcore fans out there, you are in for a treat, full band helped me out on this one letting me use their instruments.. gonna be EPIC!!!!

who says vaping isnt METAL!!![
catalysisman
Volcano God

Next

Return to Official Volcano Contests