It is currently Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Super Hot Coil on New Tank

Ask Artist Boy and the community.

Super Hot Coil on New Tank

Postby Catacam » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:27 pm

So I have had the new tank system for my inferno for exactly one week today. Despite some issues simple issues, I'm so very happy with it. Today I have noticed some changes. The throat hit is nonexistent, although I am still getting vapor, I have no flavor at all, and the coil is super hot. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!
Cathy
Catacam
Volcano Menehune

Re: Super Hot Coil on New Tank

Postby Catacam » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:28 pm

OH and I am also having to suck fairly hard. :roll: So fun to say! lol
Catacam
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm

sounds like you may need to dry burn the head. The micro coil inside may have built up a coating of caramelized sugars on it. So it is still heating up to mke vapor but not a clean heat-up, making it not have a good TH and flavor.

Dry burn the head and see if that helps.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Catacam » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Can you share how to dry burn?
Catacam
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Warning: This cleaning process can damage your head assembly if not done correctly. Volcano is not responsible for damage to the coil or head assembly if something happens while you are doing this cleaning process.

After time your head assembly can become clogged/dirty or burnt tasting. That does not mean it is the end of its life. You can clean the head unit. The process for clean is not like other atomizers where you soak it. As stated int he BCT Tube Tank Cleaning article, Volcano recommends not soaking these head assemblies. (*Do not rinse the heating coil with water. This can damage it or render it useless.*)

This cleaning process is called dry burning. Carefully follow these steps to clean your BCT Tube Tank Head Assembly. If you do not feel comfortable doing this after reading these instructions, please just replace the dirty/clogged head with a new one.

Preparing for the Dry Burning process:

Start by removing the BCT Tube Tank form your battery, and turning your battery off.
remove the drip tip (clean the catch cup if there is any eliquid in there)
unscrew the base from the tank.
Stand the tank up on the cone end in a safe place where it can't be knocked over (especially if there is eliquid in it)
remove the head assembly and tank seal from the base.
Wipe the seal and head dry, making sure the threads of the head are also clean and free of any build up.
set the seal off off tot he side with the tank for now.
dry off the inside of the base and clean out the threaded connection for the head assembly.
screw the head assembly back into the base.
Screw the base with the head assembly attached back onto your battery.
turn your battery on.
The Dry burning process:

These next steps can damage your device is not done correctly, please proceed with caution.

Press and hold the fire button for 5-7 seconds. While holding the fire button, blow across the head assembly. You should see some vapor coming off it while doing this.
After the 5-7 seconds, release the button and let the device cool for 3-5 seconds.
After it has cooled press and hold the fire button again for 5-7 seconds, blowing across it again.
Once again let it cool down for 3-5 seconds
Continue the above cycle until you start to see the coil glowing orange inside the head assembly. once the coil starts glowing orange do 2 more cycles but only firing the battery for 3 seconds each and letting it cool for 5 seconds.

Now blow across the head assembly hard a couple time while not firing the battery. This will blow out any of the baked off sugars that were clogging the head.

You are now ready to reassemble, prime, and fill the BCT Tube Tank.

Start by turning the battery off and removing the BCT Tube Tank from your battery.
Place the Tank Seal back in the base.
Fill the tank.
Screw the base onto the tank.
Place the drip tip on the BCT Tube Tank.
Break any air bubbles away form the head by blowing into the drip tip a couple times.
Prime the head by taking 3 draws.
Screw the BCT Tube Tank back onto your battery
Turn the battery on.
You are now ready to continue enjoying your BCT Tube Tank.

If at anytime during this process the coil stops heating up, the coil may have just had to much stress on it and broke. At that time the head assembly is dead and needs to be recycled or thrown away.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Return to General and Technical Questions