It is currently Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:33 pm

Tankomizer Filling/Cleaning/and a look inside.

You might just find your answer here!

Re: Tankomizer Filling/Cleaning/and a look inside.

Postby RainBatRi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:58 pm

This makes me wonder a bit. Would it be possible to take the wicking from a dead clearo and use it to replace the wicking in the tanko?
Volcano Menthol: my favorite breath freshener.
RainBatRi
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:11 pm

well first you would have to find a way to take a tanko apart with out ripping it open and killing it and then finding a way to put it back together to where it works.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby geekdgirl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:57 pm

My guess is people will come up with mods or the manufacturer will release a "new and improved" version as they discover what the issues are...
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby Superfrog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:43 pm

geekdgirl wrote:My guess is people will come up with mods or the manufacturer will release a "new and improved" version as they discover what the issues are...

I honestly think the next improvement will be sometype of adjustable draw, so that the user can adjust how much pressure is created for thicker juices.

Hmmm, I might find some tinkering is in need of being done here...
^^^^ IF I DIDN'T FALL OFF THE WAGON FOR SIX MONTHS! I'd be here! ^^^^

This RETIRED sailor has never been accused of an 'Amphibious Assult'
Superfrog
Magma God

Postby Shado » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:50 am

RainBatRi wrote:This makes me wonder a bit. Would it be possible to take the wicking from a dead clearo and use it to replace the wicking in the tanko?

Half way there.... :twisted: another one is dissasembled safely.. :thumbup:

Replacing the wick is THE most difficult part... :evil: :think: :problem:

I already have 4 new wicks installed in the spike...but gettng more is proving very tuff, in order to have them remain in place....the mesh is the secret, but reattaching it ....issue BIG TIME!!! :problem:
- Dave - ...LAL...;)

~~NO Trolls ALLOWED!!!~~ ....Just move on down the road....

What the hell is a "Toot"? ~davej
I think it is the noise coming from Shado's Vape Train!! ~hnkjay
The Vape Train to Shado Zen!!!
Shado
Volcano Legend

Postby Old Hippie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:23 pm

It's sucks when ya can't get to mesh to mesh.. Man I dropped my toothbrush and it bounced one time and went straight upright directly down the drain...what are the odds.. Not real good cause I tried again for hours lol..but I thinking send it to me and I drop it and it will reattached.. Only good for one time tho.. Or at least it would keep me entertained for hours :)) Peace
I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends..We all know that's True..I need all I can Get:)Peace
Old Hippie
Resident Hippie

Postby ~Mary23 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Old Hippie wrote:It's sucks when ya can't get to mesh to mesh.. Man I dropped my toothbrush and it bounced one time and went straight upright directly down the drain...what are the odds.. Not real good cause I tried again for hours lol..but I thinking send it to me and I drop it and it will reattached.. Only good for one time tho.. Or at least it would keep me entertained for hours :)) Peace

All due respect to Bren, but I ♥ you, Hippie! You are one in a million! :lol:
"There are two sides to reality. There is what is, and there is what people believe.
Seldom are they exactly the same."
-L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
~Mary23
Volcano Legend

Postby Old Hippie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks Mary.. That's really cool .. Yore a heck of a Gal too.. I try to keep up with Geekers girlie and you .. But my typing skills alway slow me down.. Plus I stare off into Space at times...lot of cool stuff out there or in my head? Anyway thanks.. I leave all the tech stuff to the smart people... I provided insanity.. Comes natural.. Didn't even have to get drove there:)) I see ya like ee and saves stuff it's some good stuff I like the blue mod box too:)) peace
I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends..We all know that's True..I need all I can Get:)Peace
Old Hippie
Resident Hippie

Postby peechu » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:13 pm

I have a quick question about cleaning.

What sort of cleaning schedule should I keep? Ive had my inferno for 2 weeks now and Ive cleaned it once a week, just got done cleaning my first tankomizer today and using a new tankomizer I just ordered while it dries. I follow the cleaning directions b the geek squad (boiling water, agitation, dry)

Is it possible to clean it too much?

So far, what is the average estimated life of a tankomizer? My blu atties and magma atties have been with me for a year and they are still kicking (with regular cleaning). Atties are significantly cheaper than tankomizers though, but Id be really happy if they lasted at least a year before considering a replacement.

Im interested in the flushing method Shado presented, seems very efficient and takes care of agitation in one go, or several if you so please. But Im hesitant to go with a method not endosed by Volcano.

Newbie here to the forums and just had those few quick questions to fire at you all :)

Thank you in advance!
peechu
Volcano Menehune

Postby RockClimb » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:39 pm

It really depends on how much and what you vape. I clean mine at least once a week, or more often if the draw starts getting stiff. I wasn't sure if you meant you used boiling water or if you boiled it and let it cool a little. You don't want to boil them, but you do want to use really hot water. These links might be helpful though.

tankomizers-are-great-t6087.html
tanko-cleaning-t6061.html

Rock
Some people need a sympathetic pat..... on the head..... with a really big hammer..... next to a very high cliff..... above really sharp spikes.
RockClimb
Magma God

Previous

Return to Tutorials and Helpful Videos