It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:27 am

The INFERNO Gets a New BCT TubeTank

Check out our newest items and things to come.

Re: The INFERNO Gets a New BCT TubeTank

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:47 am

are you laying the tank on its side at all in between the hits? or holding it straight out or the end up when taking the draw. allowing the juice to move away from the head while vaping will cause the BCT to taste burnt after a few hits.

Also what juice are you using? if not Volcano's what is the pg/vg ratio?
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby iamthegreengrabber » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:38 pm

:eh: Well I'll be dammed! Someone here said the BCT batt connection worked ok on the smaller
Inferno batt.....I hadn't even tried that! :wtf: It does fit.....but the first BCT setup I bought fits also.... :crazy:
See, I have my starter kit and 2 more big batts. I'm gonna keep my new BCT thats on the small batt in my
carry-case in my purse. (In case I'm out when the apocolypse comes. :sick: ) I'll be vaping my _ss off!
So, I'm looking for the parts to sell separately so I can quickly return one with bad threads.
And....and...looking for discounts on coils, looks like im using 2 per mo.
I'm no quitter, except for analogs....thank you Volcano!
This BCT will run smoothly, I believe, I believe!! You gotta switch! No more cartos and tons of flavor and clouds .
Later, GG :mrgreen:
iamthegreengrabber
Volcano Ali'i

Postby NJJXIII » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:44 am

BriannaGoff wrote:Blow into the BCT tank, a few dry pulls and VIOLA...air pockets gone and the burnt flavor is a thing of the past! Problem solved!!! Our elevation in Montana must be hindering the air flow creating the air pockets that stop good air flow to the wick....blew into my BCT a few times, took a few dry pulls and BAM...it's working like a dream! Thanks Artist Boy...your expertise is GREATLY appreciated. Volcano products are always awesome.... sometimes, we just have to figure out 'fixes' to climate/environment variations. The BCT is the SHIZZLE and totally worth the time Volcano spent developing it!! :clap: If you don't get one of the BCT's, you're missing out on an AMAZballs addition to your ecig collection!

When you say blow into the BCT, can you elaborate? Because it's not like the clearmoizers when you just had to blow into the unit and blow all the juice out the bottom. I bought a new coil and did a few good dry draws and then started vaping like normal (yesterday) and this morning it's still tasting plasticy and slightly burnt, produces a decceent amount of vapor, but nothing to rave about like everyone else is about these things.

I was as excited as anyone about this, but the coil resistor crapped out in like 2 1/2 weeks, and now with this new one it's like cartomizers all over again :'( really want to love this thing cause i do love it, but it's givin me some shit. Anyone else with this issue/fix? Maybe I'm just having bad luck with it, but again, i was having "bad Luck" with the cartomizers all over again. Hit or miss.
NJJXIII
Volcano Menehune

Postby NJJXIII » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 am

UPDATE: My dad, my buddy and myself are all having this burnt taste flavorless issue, I've been blowing into it and dry drawing it and i may get one flavorfull good drag and then it craps out again.
NJJXIII
Volcano Menehune

Postby JSmith926 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:45 am

NJJXIII wrote:UPDATE: My dad, my buddy and myself are all having this burnt taste flavorless issue, I've been blowing into it and dry drawing it and i may get one flavorfull good drag and then it craps out again.

As for cleaning all i do is rinse the tank, rinse the head (make sure to dry it as much as possible) then dry burn and blow into the head until the coils burn clean obviously about 10 second intervals as that is all the inferno will allow for safety. If you notice that your battery is starting to get warm take the tank off and let the battery sit and cool off. Now there is a possibility that you could destroy a coil by doing this but usually it will result in a clean coil and wick and continue working.

If you start to get a burnt taste that is typically due to contaminates building up on the coils or due to not enough juice getting to the coils, and destroying the flavor. I'm not sure if the wicking material is silica but if it is you can safely burn that stuff at something like 2000* F without destroying it and there is NO WAY that an inferno can push that much power during a cleaning cycle.
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby catalysisman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm

also to chime in here, i have noticed that when vaping from a full tank, to about the 1/2 full mark, i have to reset the "vacuum" inside that tank, the way i do this is i unscrew the base about 1/4 a turn, till i see a bubble or 2 come out, thaen screw it back in. this allows the air to get in there and reset the pressure in the tank, thus increasing the wicking. just a thought.

who says vaping isnt METAL!!![
catalysisman
Volcano God

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 pm

I just blow into the drip tip once or twice this works for me and less chance of making a mess.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby NJJXIII » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:18 am

All awesome suggestions thanks! As for the contaminants, that's gotta be it for sure. There are these little black specs floating in my liquid and are obviously gonna get in the coil. So this is probably were my issue is. This also could be why my first coil crapped out in like 2 weeks. Now to figure out how to get this shit out safley!
NJJXIII
Volcano Menehune

Postby NJJXIII » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:20 am

JSmith926 wrote:
NJJXIII wrote:UPDATE: My dad, my buddy and myself are all having this burnt taste flavorless issue, I've been blowing into it and dry drawing it and i may get one flavorfull good drag and then it craps out again.

As for cleaning all i do is rinse the tank, rinse the head (make sure to dry it as much as possible) then dry burn and blow into the head until the coils burn clean obviously about 10 second intervals as that is all the inferno will allow for safety. If you notice that your battery is starting to get warm take the tank off and let the battery sit and cool off. Now there is a possibility that you could destroy a coil by doing this but usually it will result in a clean coil and wick and continue working.

If you start to get a burnt taste that is typically due to contaminates building up on the coils or due to not enough juice getting to the coils, and destroying the flavor. I'm not sure if the wicking material is silica but if it is you can safely burn that stuff at something like 2000* F without destroying it and there is NO WAY that an inferno can push that much power during a cleaning cycle.

When you say rinse the "head" are you talking coil? The ohm resistor itself?
NJJXIII
Volcano Menehune

The INFERNO Gets a New BCT TubeTank

Postby JSmith926 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 am

NJJXIII wrote:
JSmith926 wrote:

When you say rinse the "head" are you talking coil? The ohm resistor itself?

Yes I rinse the head under the faucet....The head is the piece that unscrews from the base
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

PreviousNext

Return to New and Upcoming Products