It is currently Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Tube Tank BCT Heating Coils

Ask Artist Boy and the community.

Tube Tank BCT Heating Coils

Postby Davg16 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:03 pm

I would like to order the new coils for my Inferno, but have a couple questions. How long is the Normal use life of the new Tube Tank BCT Heating Coil? How do they add up to the tank dual coil cartomizers in regards to use life? The reason I ask is I am only a month into vaping and over the course of the month I have invested over two hundred dollars into my Inferno.
Davg16
Volcano Menehune

Re: Tube Tank BCT Heating Coils

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:14 pm

they last much longer. I have been running one head for close to a month now and it is still going strong. I think they are recommending changing them out about once a month. I am not sure on cleaning them yet, as I have not had to. But once I try it I will let you know how that goes.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Davg16 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks I would really like if you could let us know when you do change it out. As of now I have so much back up of cartomizers that it will take me about two months before I am ready to switch. That should give people using them now time to give more insight into their experiences.
Davg16
Volcano Menehune

Postby iamthegreengrabber » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:54 am

Well I'm not waiting, I started using my BCT as soon as I got it...I'm in Volcano-Heaven!
I'm stashing my unused cartos and tank setup.....well, for the apocolypse? :crazy: :wtf: :lolno: :mrgreen:
I'm going back to retry all my juices, the BCT gives great and pure flavor. RYFOUR/S.CARAMEL/VANILLA AND MILK CHOC.
At 24 mgs for a year....I may order one step down next.....the flavors are richer with my BCT.
Later, GG :mrgreen:
iamthegreengrabber
Volcano Ali'i

Postby iamthegreengrabber » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Volcano Boy; changed your coil yet? Give us indicators of change time, 'k?
I've had no flooding. OK, everyone enjoy your BCT and ring in the new year responsibly....
Later, GG :mrgreen:
iamthegreengrabber
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:25 pm

kinda sorta.... It was still going fine but I decided to see if I could rebuild it. Which I did. I am going to try to clean one here in a few days and see how it goes.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Stevebunk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:06 pm

I bought a three pack of heating elements and I changed one out just to make sure I could do it right. Followed instructions to the t and when I changed it, the new one caused a disgusting burning taste every time. Got fed up, threw out the heating could and out on a second and it worked great.

Then, two weeks later I figure I'd give the third one a try and same thing, burn taste about half the time I draw on it. Can I fix this? How?

Thanks a lot. Driving me nuts. When it works it's perfect. When it doesn't it's terrible!
Stevebunk
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:50 pm

you can try burning the head to get rid of the burnt taste, try blowing into it to clear air pockets around the head, make sure after blowing into it you take 3 primer draws before firing it.

Make sure if you lay it down on its side that you clear all air pockets around the head before using.
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Stevebunk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks artist,

I NEVER lay it on its side as I'm so OCD. I think it's a bad coil. I blow in, bubbles come, dry pull, try hitting....and burnt.

Switched back to the previous element and perfection. One out of three coils was perfect and the others I couldn't get any consistency. One good hit then three that make me nauseous!

Frustrating but happy I didn't throw out the old one. It really didn't need changing anyway. Just wanted to test. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. Just replacing, dropping a dot in the center, dry pulling, and getting scalded!
Stevebunk
Volcano Menehune

Return to General and Technical Questions