It is currently Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 pm

tube tank leaks through carti

A place to get help with your Lavatube-HR Atomizers

tube tank leaks through carti

Postby rsfisher4 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:54 am

Sorry if this has already been answered. I got the Lavatube to quit dipping and its been working great. Yesterday 12/7/13 the liquid started to leak through the little hole on the silver tube in the tank onto the device itself and all over my lap. There was a great amount of liquid in the silver tube it was almost impossible to vape. I can still vape when there is no liquid in the tank because there is so much in the tube. How can I fix this problem or do I need to order a new tube thing????? please help me out! Thank you
rsfisher4
Volcano Menehune

Re: tube tank leaks through carti

Postby Artist Boy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:58 am

Your cartomizer is flooded. Meaning there is too much juice in the cartomizer. This could be due to a few things: over filling your cartomizer; over priming your cartomizer; or drawing too hard on the Tube Tank and creating too much back pressure in the Tube Tank.
To fix a flooded cartomizer: First remove the Tube Tank from your battery. Place the threaded end of the Tube Tank into a paper towel or napkin. Blow through the drip tip a couple times to remove the excess juice from the cartomizer. Wipe the threads clean and dry. Then you will want to release the back pressure in the Tank. To do this you will first remove the drip tip and set it aside. Then slide the cartomizer down a little like you are going to refill the Tank. This will release the back pressure. Reassemble the device and check and make sure the threads are clean and dry. Before replacing back on to your battery take a quick draw through the device to make sure there is no more gurgling sounds.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby rsfisher4 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Thank you Artist Boy. Ive vaped on it today with a full tank and it flooded but the more I vaped it started to "clear up". is that common or am I just doing something wrong?
rsfisher4
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:30 pm

it can happen if you are drawing on it too hard. Or if the carto is old and getting clogged it can start flooding more often.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Return to Lavatube Atomizers- HR